Mental Health

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Mental Health

Post by originallad » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:03 am

I've suffered from mental health issues almost all my life and this is the most powerful and poignant thing I've seen regarding it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Mental Health

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:09 pm

Wow, that is quite brilliant (for want of a better word) and very moving.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:35 pm

I think it’s admirable that peoples mental health awareness is becoming more and more of an acceptable reality.
Most of us will experience elements of undeniable stress and worry, anxiety , elements of depressive illness resulting from real life. I know I have , through both loss and unbelievably from new life as well
Everyone handles it differently but the fact that a simple how are you today or seeking someone out for a chat could seem so insignificant yet could turn someone’s life around.
It’s just important that we treat each other with some respect and be able to acknowledge that it’s ok to not be ok all the time.
God knows looking around the world today it’s in a right feckin mess , so let’s be sympathetic to others often hidden ( just beneath the surface ) difficulties
Clydeside & Tyneside

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:41 am

Loved that video from Norwich, was really quite moving.

Mental health is a huge issue that even now is still somewhat neglected. As a society we are improving, but there are still too many strands that are simply dismissed.