New Members: Introduce yourself here!

Digital Sloth
Tindall's Hoody

Re: New Members: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Digital Sloth » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Xe1 wrote:New Member, you could call me a Yank. From Atlanta, GA, and have been a Newcastle fan for about 5-6 years now. Been on other forums but those have either died or become boring. Hoping this place is somewhat active and what better way to start off than on a matchday?

Love American Football, went to the University of Alabama so they are my first obsession. Enjoy watching the Falcons, Chicago Blackhawks, and excited to get our MLS team here in Atlanta.
Welcome <ok>

There's a match day thread on the football board. How come you ended up supporting Newcastle? Guess it's tougher to find decent coverage of our matches now that we're not in the PL.
Yes, watching Newcastle is more difficult now that we (can I say 'we'?) are out of the EPL.

Newcastle was mainly the history, beer, fans, and the fact that they aren't from Manchester, London, or Liverpool.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Xe1 wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Welcome <ok>

There's a match day thread on the football board. How come you ended up supporting Newcastle? Guess it's tougher to find decent coverage of our matches now that we're not in the PL.
Yes, watching Newcastle is more difficult now that we (can I say 'we'?) are out of the EPL.

Newcastle was mainly the history, beer, fans, and the fact that they aren't from Manchester, London, or Liverpool.
All good reasons <cheers>

I'm a big fan of Brooklyn Brewery over in the US. Brooklyn Brown Ale is very decent stuff.

Hopefully we go up and it'll be a bit easier to find streams next season. There's a few US supporters groups that I've seen on Twitter.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Digital Sloth
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Digital Sloth » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah, there are a few. None that I've been able to find in Atlanta though.

If you could get your hands on Ommegang beer, I would urge you to try it. It's in NY, but it's based on Belgium beers and it's one of the best breweries I've come across.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Xe1 wrote:New Member, you could call me a Yank. From Atlanta, GA, and have been a Newcastle fan for about 5-6 years now. Been on other forums but those have either died or become boring. Hoping this place is somewhat active and what better way to start off than on a matchday?

Love American Football, went to the University of Alabama so they are my first obsession. Enjoy watching the Falcons, Chicago Blackhawks, and excited to get our MLS team here in Atlanta.
Roll Tide <roll>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Welcome <gent>
I dunno

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:31 am

Welcome <cheers>

My first ever drink on American soil was an ice cold glass of Brown Ale in Atlanta airport in 2010.

Due to some strange mystical activity I firmly believe I am responsible for your choice of football team selection and I apologise profusely for any suffering caused.

<gent>

BigJoe
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by BigJoe » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:35 pm

BigJoe. Toon fan of 45 years

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Welcome BigJoe <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 pm

45 years you poor bastard. Welcome mate <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Digital Sloth
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Digital Sloth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 pm

beardface wrote:

Roll Tide <roll>
Roll Tide <sholesmas>

Digital Sloth
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Digital Sloth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:

Welcome <cheers>

My first ever drink on American soil was an ice cold glass of Brown Ale in Atlanta airport in 2010.

Due to some strange mystical activity I firmly believe I am responsible for your choice of football team selection and I apologise profusely for any suffering caused.

<gent>
Haha - Well I'm happy to be here. I do think. Hopefully we can win against Brentford otherwise I may have to find a new forum since I'd be 0-2 in matches here. Sadly, I won't even be able to watch/listen to the match as I'll be in Tampa pre-gaming for the College Football national championship

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello BigJoe and Xe1.

Is BigJoe biggest than biggestGeordieDave?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Tibo
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Tibo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi everybody ! Somebody can give me the list of fan groups of Newcastle please ?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Tibo wrote:Hi everybody ! Somebody can give me the list of fan groups of Newcastle please ?
Have a look here:

http://www.nufc.com/2016-17html/global-2011.html

Been a while since it was updated though...

Tibo
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Tibo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Yes, but in Newcastle and in the stadium? You have some ?

Toonland
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Toonland » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 pm

I am new to this forum and are hoping to find details on supporter clubs in Scotland that regularly travel to the home games. Other than that I am also here for some good NUFC chats as well. :)

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Welcome to all newcomers <gent>
Kindly deeds done for free!

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:59 pm

Hello all had been looking for a toon forum to join for a while and this one seems to work best on mobiles.
I'm a massive Newcastle fan and although I live in Scotland I try and get down to as many games as possible, been to a few already this season and can hopefully make a few more. It's a shame there are no buses that head down from up here as I always see a good amount of people at services heading down.
Been a great season so far and lets hope we can get a decent fa cup run going if we can get past Oxford :)

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:38 am

Welcome <gent>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:51 am

Welcome <ok>