The Match Tickets Thread

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Match Tickets Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Not sure tbh, NUFC.Com are usually quite good regarding fixture change info
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:25 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:A little bit off topic but has anyone done the stadium tour that could recommend for or against it? My friend and I have full day to kill before the QPR match (19:45 kick-off) and we're looking for non-alcohol based activities.
I did it a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Not sure if they'd run them on match days though?
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:A little bit off topic but has anyone done the stadium tour that could recommend for or against it? My friend and I have full day to kill before the QPR match (19:45 kick-off) and we're looking for non-alcohol based activities.
I did it a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Not sure if they'd run them on match days though?
Apparently they do as long as it's early. We can book one for 2pm at the latest. Suppose if kick-off is 7:45, players probably don't need to be at the ground 'till 5:30ish
Don't hinder the Trinder

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Not sure tbh, NUFC.Com are usually quite good regarding fixture change info
And they are quite good at match threads too.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:17 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Leonid Brezhnev wrote:
Apparently they do as long as it's early. We can book one for 2pm at the latest. Suppose if kick-off is 7:45, players probably don't need to be at the ground 'till 5:30ish
Ah fair enough, yeah I'd go for it if I were you!
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:
Cool! Think I will. Thanks for the input! <cheers>
Don't hinder the Trinder

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Damn, looks like Wolves away has sold out to ST holders. Hopefully we request more tickets as it's my closest match of the season.

Edit: club just tweeted that they'll bring supporters an update on extra Wolves tickets soon <divax>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:19 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Leonid Brezhnev wrote:
Cool! Think I will. Thanks for the input! <cheers>
I'd add that I did it just over 5 years ago and enjoyed it too, and that day we were unlucky and couldn't go out on the pitch like they usually do because they were doing the off-season pitch reconstruction work (the switch from gravel to solid-surface). I imagine it'd be different on a match-day, but that could potentially make it better.

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Does anyone have any idea when the villa game goes on member sale?

Just wondering as I'm traveling down from Scotland and have already booked time off to make this game

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 am

Any way of getting Oxford tickets now they're sold out on the site?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:33 am

Villa away will probably be about 3 weeks before the game. You'll easily get a ticket if you have a membership.

Only chance of getting an Oxford ticket is if a spare comes on Twitter.

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Villa away will probably be about 3 weeks before the game. You'll easily get a ticket if you have a membership.

Only chance of getting an Oxford ticket is if a spare comes on Twitter.
Should have said I meant villa at home site just says tbc was just curious if there was a time people expected these to go on sale

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am

We've already played Villa away.

Think home tickets are about a month before but we'll be waiting until after this weekend as if we reach the next round of the cup the Villa game will be postponed as it's currently scheduled for the 5th round weekend.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:03 pm

TJR wrote:We've already played Villa away.

Think home tickets are about a month before but we'll be waiting until after this weekend as if we reach the next round of the cup the Villa game will be postponed as it's currently scheduled for the 5th round weekend.
<laugh>

Oh yeah tbf I was in new Zealand when we played villa away!

Got a ticket for wolves away. They don't go on sale to members until tomorrow but for some reason at 10 this morning the website let me buy one (they've since fixed...)

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 am

Update about the fixture madness from NUFC.com. The EFL/FA/Sky couldn't be anymore unorganised if they tried.

Championship:
Live TV stuff

(NB: we wrote this earlier in the month, but have now updated it slightly after Wednesday's announcement of further live Premier League TV games)

From NUFC:

Newcastle United’s Sky Bet Championship trip to Brighton and Hove Albion has been rescheduled for Tuesday 28th February (7.45pm kick-off).

The original fixture at the Amex Stadium was scheduled for Saturday 28th January but was postponed due to a clash with Emirates FA Cup fourth round ties.

The new fixture date will see Magpies supporters facing three away games in just seven days, with the long midweek journey to Brighton closely followed by trips to Huddersfield Town and Reading.

Should either Brighton or Newcastle reach the Emirates FA Cup fifth round and be taken to a replay, the league match at the Amex Stadium will again be rescheduled at much shorter notice.

For this reason, Newcastle United made a submission for alternative dates to be considered later in the season, however this was rejected by the EFL and Brighton and Hove Albion.

So having done this to Newcastle fans once for the Brentford game, the EFL and Sky have played their joker again - showing a complete disregard for the logistical and financial issues that away fans face.

If Newcastle beat Oxford then they'll be in Fifth Round action over the weekend of February 18th, meaning that the Villa home game already moved by Sky to Monday February 20th will also be rescheduled.

While we're at Oxford, Brighton travel to National League side Lincoln City in the Fourth Round.

PS: Sky's piecemeal announcement of live TV games in the Championship means that three more of United's games during March could yet be televised.

Our midweek trip to Reading could yet be on Sky (although the day / start time could stay unaltered).
The home game with Fulham currently scheduled for Saturday 11th March remains at risk - with no live Championship games scheduled that weekend as yet, presumably due to possible FA Cup clashes.

The Premier League have now announced live games that Saturday, Sunday and Monday - all subject to alteration in the event of FA Cup commitments.

Finally, Premier League live selections now leave the visit to Birmingham City on Saturday March 18th available for possible movement to Friday night or Monday night (Sat and Sun slots are now taken)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:52 am

Hope Birmingham away is moved to a Friday or Monday as it's local for me and I'll probably get a ticket <whistle>

matt11
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by matt11 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

Is anyone else having bother with the box office website since they launched the new version of it? Every time I try to log in, it takes me back to the old site's login page, I put in the details, then I'm brought back to the new site where it says if I want to buy tickets as a member, I need to log in...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:44 am

matt11 wrote:Is anyone else having bother with the box office website since they launched the new version of it? Every time I try to log in, it takes me back to the old site's login page, I put in the details, then I'm brought back to the new site where it says if I want to buy tickets as a member, I need to log in...
Works fine for me. Try changing your browser maybe?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:55 pm

matt11 wrote:Is anyone else having bother with the box office website since they launched the new version of it? Every time I try to log in, it takes me back to the old site's login page, I put in the details, then I'm brought back to the new site where it says if I want to buy tickets as a member, I need to log in...

I had the same issue for a while, can't remember what fixed it.

but anyway, now i've got a new laptop it runs fine, maybe you could try that? <whistle>

matt11
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by matt11 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Cheers guys, still no luck though.

Think I'll just call the box office and book through there this time. Girlfriend is visiting from America in February so planning to take her to her first 'soccer' game...