Liverpool Fan's Thoughts On The Match

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Liverpool Fan's Thoughts On The Match

Post by Yacob » Sat May 10, 2014 7:01 pm

It's the final set of questions for the season and we only got one reply, which is disappointing. I'll spend the summer trying to get accounts authenticated on all the main forums to ensure next season is better on replies. Anyway I went to the Kopworld forum and here were the questions:
1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
2 – How do you assess Liverpool’s season?
3 – Who would your player of the season be for Liverpool?
4 – What are your current views on Rodgers?
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
6 – What do Liverpool need to do in the summer to ensure they push on next season?
7 – What have you made of Newcastle’s season?
8 – Are you disappointed with the last two results? Have they cost you the title?
9 – Scoreline prediction?
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?
Olivavu
1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
I would expect us to start with Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge. But I would want Agger in for Sakho.

2 – How do you assess Liverpool’s season?
So near yet so far. We went on a fantastic run of eleven wins, but two games have spoilt it for us. Steven Gerrard will never get over that slip against Chelsea now, it will haunt him forever. Everyone will point to us as being bottlers, but I don't see it like that. I think we've been naive in the last two games, from the manager to the players. We didn't need to beat Chelsea, but we played right into their game plan and gifted them the game. We should have just sat back and let them come out. We didn't need any urgency at all, but we chased a game we could afford to draw - one which Chelsea had to win. Then we started chasing goals at 3-0 against Palace and our defence went to pieces when their first goal was deflected in. I thought Skrtel and Johnson were awful in particular. Our defence lacks leadership in that combination. Rodgers was very naive in his tactics against Chelsea and then with his substitutions at Palace. Agger should have come on, but he threw on Coutinho and Moses looking for goals - which was pointless given the defecit.

3 – Who would your player of the season be for Liverpool?
A lot of people have been nostalgically calling for Gerrard to get it, but there's no way he can be considered after the slip. As harsh as that may sound. Suarez has been head and shoulders above him and everyone else in the league. Easily our player of the season. Best striker in Europe right now.

4 – What are your current views on Rodgers?
As I said above, I think he's on a steep learning curve but is doing bloody well. He was outdone by Mourinho, which was a heck of a reality check for him. He will move on and learn from that though. He really needs to work out how he wants his defence to play, because technically void players like Sakho and Skrtel do not suit a passing style of play. He has us playing brilliantly, but I do worry that we don't have a plan b or an ability to shut up shop.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge for us. For you? Jeez. Nobody stands out. You've had a really bad few months, although the Cardiff game will have done you good. I think Krul and Coloccini may be key for you.

6 – What do Liverpool need to do in the summer to ensure they push on next season?
I think we need to sort our defence out and get more experience, leadership and depth in the squad ready for Europe. I would look at Ashley Cole, Cesc Fabregas and Kyriakos Papadopoulos first of all.

7 – What have you made of Newcastle’s season?
You looked like you were getting back on track, but then January came and Cabaye went and you've looked woeful since. Pardew's headbutt was a big downer and turning point also.

8 – Are you disappointed with the last two results? Have they cost you the title?
Gutted. As I said, the lack of common sense and mass naivity really upset me. I could see what could happen, so why couldn't the players and manager?

9 – Scoreline prediction?
I'd take any sort of win to send the players off with. 1-0 would do.

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?
A salsify.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Liverpool Fan's Thoughts On The Match

Post by Cal » Sat May 10, 2014 8:39 pm

This guy seems reasonable, he's ruining Liverpool fans' reputation. <fist>

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Re: Liverpool Fan's Thoughts On The Match

Post by Jaiston » Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 pm

There a big Liverpool thread on sigames forum, if someone would post those questions on, may get more than one <awe>