94%
No
6%

Total votes: 84

KyzaSoze1888
Pope's Goalposts

Rafa Benítez Confirmed as NUFC Manager

Post by KyzaSoze1888 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:34 pm

In a previous Post i mentioned possibly taking Brendan Rodgers for the remainder of the Season if McLaren gets the Bullet.

But the rumour mill today is linking Rafa Benitez for the gig of being Manager of our Club. I think he would be an excellent choice if we can pull it off which would only benefit us long-term as he will get more out of our squad than McLaren ever could and vastly more experienced than Rodgers. He will also have better contacts within the game and will also be able to attract higher quality players to the Club if we can stay up.

Is Rafa the right choice though? or do we wait til the summer and go for someone else, what's your thoughts on it guy's?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: Rafa Benítez - Yes or No?

Post by Chappy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Will never happen. But I'd take him in a heartbeat.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I prefer a bag full of s*** in front of McClaren. Which reminds me of last May, when I say that I prefer everyone except Carver. It was such a glorious few hours right after Carver departure, until there was obvious that McClaren will be the new The Inept One.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Rafa wouldn't come here until we were guaranteed PL football. Even then he probably wouldn't.

Moyes for me.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:11 pm

We won't get a new manager if McClaren gets the sack tomorrow, it'll be left to Cathro to clean up Charnley and McClaren's mess.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Yes. However, anyone would be better. Even a cardboard cut out of McClaren.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Yes. He'd be a great appointment.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Chappy wrote:We won't get a new manager if McClaren gets the sack tomorrow, it'll be left to Cathro to clean up Charnley and McClaren's mess.
This <neg>.

The club didn't consider relegation a threat as little as a week ago, so you can guarantee they haven't scouted out a new manager. They'll just give it to Cathro, resign themselves to relegation and start planning for next year.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:25 pm

I'd cut my cock off, eat my own cut off cock, s*** out my now digested cock and then eat my shitted out cock remants.

Don't bookmark this...

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm

If McClaren get the sack today or tomorrow, Charnley will arrange a emergency meeting in the next fortnight. In that meeting, they will discuss what they should do next.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:If McClaren get the sack today or tomorrow, Charnley will arrange a emergency meeting in the next fortnight. In that meeting, they will discuss what they should do next.
This.

LONDONTOON
where so bias
where so bias

Post by LONDONTOON » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Always dreamed of Rafa <3

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:47 pm

LONDONTOON wrote:Always dreamed of Rafa <3

<roll>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:14 pm

How is this a question? A very successful manager who is massively above our current standing. He's obviously not on the level of a SAF/Mourinho, but it's not far off asking the same question. The Mail and the Express have linked us with Pellegrini, claiming he would be interested. But without any actual evidence to support it.

The point is I would be very surprised if anyone wouldn't want Benitez or Pellegrini. Both very very good managers. Neither have any real reason to come to us.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

LeicesterFox
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by LeicesterFox » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:47 am

Hi

First of all apologies for coming onto your forum and posting.

The plight of Newcastle over the last few seasons has been sad to watch. I have been to Newcastle numerous times and love the People of Newcastle.

Will getting Rafa in help this late in the season help and will he come under the leadership of Ashley? Everything from the top to the bottem is toxic at Newcastle. Changing the Manager will not change the crap at the top. Newcastle is run very badly.

Newcastle also have 11 players out injured. You have us next, Sunderland and then Norwich. Honestly speaking I cannot see Newcastle getting anything from the next three games. It might be better if Newcastle went down and re-grouped, Ashley might sell the club and someone else comes in and sorts it all out.

It would be nice to see Newcastle play like they did when Kevin Keegan was around. That will take a major overhaul and that will not happen if you stay in the Premiership as Ashley will not sell and if you did manage to get Rafa in, Newcastle will be fighting for relagation next season too.

Regards

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:23 pm

LeicesterFox wrote:Hi

First of all apologies for coming onto your forum and posting.

The plight of Newcastle over the last few seasons has been sad to watch. I have been to Newcastle numerous times and love the People of Newcastle.

Will getting Rafa in help this late in the season help and will he come under the leadership of Ashley? Everything from the top to the bottem is toxic at Newcastle. Changing the Manager will not change the crap at the top. Newcastle is run very badly.

Newcastle also have 11 players out injured. You have us next, Sunderland and then Norwich. Honestly speaking I cannot see Newcastle getting anything from the next three games. It might be better if Newcastle went down and re-grouped, Ashley might sell the club and someone else comes in and sorts it all out.

It would be nice to see Newcastle play like they did when Kevin Keegan was around. That will take a major overhaul and that will not happen if you stay in the Premiership as Ashley will not sell and if you did manage to get Rafa in, Newcastle will be fighting for relagation next season too.

Regards
I can't see us getting more than 1 point from those three games. You're flying, Sunderland and Norwich at least look like they've got some fight in them (unlike us).

Really want Leicester to win the league, it would be one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time (not just in football). If you win it they'll still talk about it in 100 years time. Your run in isn't bad so you can do it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

blue but black and white is 2

Post by blue but black and white is 2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Hey.
Am blues supporter but love the magpies just the same.
Instead of paying peanuts on a hopeless manager and spending millions in the transfer market over player's. Magpies should spend a few decent million more and get a world class manager with a PROVEN track RECORD for success..

Forget everyone every manager for now. Stick with mclaren f1. You will stay up man not a chance you will go down the games are very winnable.
Wait till the day after the season is finished.
Snap up pellegrini. Malaga, villareal are small clubs the same as newcastle and look where he took them. He takes small clubs and makes them bigger. For some reason it seems like he's the man for you guys.
Cheers.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:25 pm

blue but black and white is 2 wrote:Instead of paying peanuts on a hopeless manager and spending millions in the transfer market over player's. Magpies should spend a few decent million more and get a world class manager with a PROVEN track RECORD for success..
<ok>

Whilst i'm not sure how many 'world class' managers we could attract, the principle is spot on. We're spending decent money on decent players, but it means nothing if we keep hiring undeserving managers. There's an argument that Moyes falls under that bracket, who I think will ultimately be our new manager, but if we were to hire Rafa it would really be a step in the right direction of managers we should be looking at.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:28 pm

At this moment in time getting Moyes or Rafa in would be a big step up from Steve.

They may not play the best of football but they'll make us harder to beat. I'm sick and tired of us consistently conceding 3/4/5+ goals on what seems like a regular basis in the past 3/4 seasons.

Phoenix711
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Phoenix711 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:At this moment in time getting Moyes or Rafa in would be a big step up from Steve.

They may not play the best of football but they'll make us harder to beat. I'm sick and tired of us consistently conceding 3/4/5+ goals on what seems like a regular basis in the past 3/4 seasons.
Would second this. At the moment, the likelihood is we are going down. I think Moyes will do better than Benitez in the Championship (not even sure the latter would even want to manage there, after all he's coming from Real Madrid!) because of his record on getting the most out of players at Everton.

Either way, McClaren has to go. I can't tolerate another season if we somehow manage to stay up with this muppet at the helm. He's spent £70m+ and left a big hole in the Newcastle finances. #McClarenOutNow