Newcastle vs Cardiff 05/11/2016 Preview

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: Newcastle vs Cardiff 05/11/2016 Preview

Post by TJR » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:56 pm

3 points are 3 points and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

It was far from a convincing win though you always felt we had more gears to go up I to if needed.

We need to stop pissing about in our own half. I'm fine with the likes of Atsu trying to take players on in the final third but the edge of our box isn't the place. There we just need to play the easy pass and retain possession, if there is no easy pass on put your foot through it and get it as far away as possible.

That referee was absolutely horrendous. Just when you think they can't possibly get any worse they give us one who is. The theme this season has been awful refereeing in the first half, our fans and players turn on them and react angrily to every decision and then second half they succumb to the pressure and give us everything. Not ideal but tends to even the decisions out over the game. They ref yesterday was a stubborn bastard and turn under our pressure, he was truly horrendous from start to finish.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Just 14 days to the next game <erk>

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:Just 14 days to the next game <erk>
Gotta love those international breaks... <erm>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:12 pm

I don't understand how between them two officials can miss such a blatant handball. Linesman on the Milburn side fair enough. It was clear as day, he didn't even try to hide the fact he used his arm to control the ball. Refereeing in this league is appalling, if we go back up I will never slate a referee again (which is a huge lie but you get the point).

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Heisen wrote:I don't understand how between them two officials can miss such a blatant handball. Linesman on the Milburn side fair enough. It was clear as day, he didn't even try to hide the fact he used his arm to control the ball. Refereeing in this league is appalling, if we go back up I will never slate a referee again (which is a huge lie but you get the point).
To be fair though he also got the penalty decision wrong so swings and roundabouts

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:24 pm

gawalls wrote:
Heisen wrote:I don't understand how between them two officials can miss such a blatant handball. Linesman on the Milburn side fair enough. It was clear as day, he didn't even try to hide the fact he used his arm to control the ball. Refereeing in this league is appalling, if we go back up I will never slate a referee again (which is a huge lie but you get the point).
To be fair though he also got the penalty decision wrong so swings and roundabouts
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:08 pm

In fairness I didn't see the handball, can't remember much of an appeal from crowd or players, and once it hit the net all the arguments were about offside. It's blatant on the replay but might have been more difficult in real time.