New Kit 17/18

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: New Kit 17/18

Post by TBC » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:07 pm

If real, that's the nicest home kit Puma have done for Arsenal, beaut!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:42 pm

I don't understand peoples judging of kits, half the time it's practically the exact same design yet one season its supposedly w*** then the tiniest adjustment the following season and it's the best in the world.

Also most of all the fashionistas critiquing them, end of the day most of you are out wearing them with your kappa tracksuit bottoms or joggers.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 am

That's a sweeping generalisation that is bordering on the prejudice! I wear slazenger <awe>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Barrsky85
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Barrsky85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 pm

Apparently we are very close to naming the new sponsor, so it's definitely bye bye Wonga. Not that we were too scared of this happening but the stadium will remain without any sponsor.
I may be Scottish but I bleed Black and White Stripes, no seriously, am pretty worried!

Barrsky85
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Barrsky85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:I don't understand peoples judging of kits, half the time it's practically the exact same design yet one season its supposedly w*** then the tiniest adjustment the following season and it's the best in the world.

Also most of all the fashionistas critiquing them, end of the day most of you are out wearing them with your kappa tracksuit bottoms or joggers.
Maybe the lack of ideas to change it is the problem. Maybe it's the actual evidence that they make 80% pathetic kits. As for the tracksuit comment, don't be judging everyone with your standards. I'm neither polish nor do I lift heavy things and put them back down in the same place so no joggers from me. <wave>
I may be Scottish but I bleed Black and White Stripes, no seriously, am pretty worried!

Barrsky85
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Barrsky85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:41 pm

TBC wrote:If real, that's the nicest home kit Puma have done for Arsenal, beaut!

Looks pretty legit mate, weird smudge design down the arm!?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:46 pm

From next season PL clubs will be able to sell sponsorship rights to their shirt sleeves as well as on the front of the kit as usual.

I suppose extra revenue can only be a good thing but I always associate extra sponsorship on kits with the poorer leagues around Europe. Things could get tacky fast.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 am

Another reason for me not to buy new shirts then. The quality is bad enough for what they cost, let alone paying a premium to become a walking advert.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:48 pm

TBC wrote:From next season PL clubs will be able to sell sponsorship rights to their shirt sleeves as well as on the front of the kit as usual.

I suppose extra revenue can only be a good thing but I always associate extra sponsorship on kits with the poorer leagues around Europe. Things could get tacky fast.
Don't disagree with how it looks, although even the Spanish and French leagues have been doing it for ages now, so I think it's becoming less to do with the poorer leagues, and just standard revenue-maximization practice.

Barrsky85
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Barrsky85 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:06 pm

They might sell them without the sleeve sponsor as I have the Home Marseilles shirt and it doesn't have them. I agree the risk of it looking tacky is high, some of the french shirts are flat out shocking!

Barrsky85
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Barrsky85 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:01 am

It's been no secret for such a long time that Wonga's relationship with Newcastle was ending this season.

The pay day lenders world having been turned upside down since their association with us with the rules changed not to mention they cant advertise their logo on the kids strips anymore.

This has led to speculation as to who the new name is going to be.

The recent fan forum at Newcastle saw the subject crop up again with club officials revealing a few extra snippets that the media have picked up on and turned into gospel but I see a different angle to them.

Whilst the media are reporting that we're going to see a deal that pits us directly against the top teams in the country, I fail to see where that info has come from because I decipher it differently from them if they've got their opinion from the fans forum words.

The words from the forum were: The club highlighted that being in the Premier League creates the best possible platform for a good commercial performance, but that nevertheless the club continued to perform solidly in this regards, with new avenues for revenue being continually explored.

The club stated that its potential shirt deal benchmarks very favourably against comparable clubs in the Premier League.

We have to remember that the people in charge here have continually played down our expectations as to the size of the club and it's seen the likes of Alan Pardew and similar cronies stating that we have unrealistic expectations as to the size of us with us once being seen as rivals to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, at the last mention we had ambitions as a club to be on a par with the Southamptons and West Broms of the world.

This reference to have a sponsorship that compares favourably to the clubs idea of clubs on our level beggars belief in comparison to the top clubs.

The price we got from Wonga hasn't really been revealed but stories over the years and a quick trawl of google has the income at between £6m and £8m a season.

As said above, depending on which clubs Newcastle sees as comparable to will determine the sponsor and with all teams up to 13th in this year's premier league on deals up to £3m a year, that doesn't leave much of a favourable deal in my eyes unless the club rates us higher.

Southampton, Everton and West Ham have deals of around £6m a season with Sunderland also on this figure.

Above this are the likes of Spurs on a £16m a year deal before the big clubs kick in with their deals ranging from £20m to Man Utd's £50m a year.

Part of me thinks we could get a major Spanish bank's logo on our strips next season if we're promoted but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a certain sports shop's name ruining the front of the kit. Just dont think the deal will be what it's being made out to be.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:39 pm

I think we'll have a betting company/beer logo on the front (literally a hunch no source) and sports direct on the sleeve (hunch again)
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Mike snapped up a company on the cheap last week. Maybe they'll be our new sponsors?

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:46 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Mike snapped up a company on the cheap last week. Maybe they'll be our new sponsors?
Geordie Jeans 8)

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Heineken are our new sponsors.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm

TJR wrote:Heineken are our new sponsors.
You don't know that.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 pm

TBC wrote:
TJR wrote:Heineken are our new sponsors.
You don't know that.
With a bold green background to the sponsor patch!

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:44 pm

TBC wrote:From next season PL clubs will be able to sell sponsorship rights to their shirt sleeves as well as on the front of the kit as usual.

I always thought the sponsorships on the back of football shirts looked pretty cool. <awe>

Barrsky85
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Barrsky85 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Another Puma effort <erm>

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Barrsky85 wrote:Another Puma effort <erm>

That's gorgeous. Imagine that with a black centre stripe, then two whites either side then black side panels.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi