New kick-off rule

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

New kick-off rule

Post by daib0 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Fast start:

Last year the International Football Association Board (IFAB) tweaked the kick off rule so that “the ball can be kicked in any direction from kick off”. Brazilian footballer Mirrai certainly took full advantage of that when he scored with the very first touch of his side’s league match on Saturday.

Off the mark:
The striker scored for his new side Comercial in a match against Catanduvense in the second tier of Brazilian football. The goal was Mirrai’s first for the club in only his third appearance. Not a bad way to get off the mark.The thunderous effort caught the opposition cold, with the goalkeeper nowhere near his line. The goal sparked scenes of wild celebration as Mirrai and his teammates gathered on the pitch with substitutes and staff.

And here's another ...

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: New kick-off rule

Post by Toondes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:53 pm

I don't think we've got any players capable of hitting the target from the half way line
# stolen from nufc.com :)

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Toondes wrote:I don't think we've got any players capable of hitting the target from the half way line
<worried> <laugh>
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Toondes wrote:I don't think we've got any players capable of hitting the target from the 18 yard line.
Fixed <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Pretty sure you could still score goals like that under the old rule, as the player is still kicking the ball forward.

I still haven't got used to the new rule. I've spent my whole life watching football with two players at the centre spot for kick off, it just looks so odd to me now.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Indeed, the ball had to go forward previously so there was always a daft clip of someone trying a shot from time to time.

No major issues with the rule other than there are far more false starts nowadays.