Match day thread - NUFC v PNE

HowayTheLads
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v PNE

Post by HowayTheLads » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Just about finished celebrating in order to type. Delighted. Now, we calm down and go again on Friday. 3 points would put pressure on Brighton. If they slip up on saturday then anything can happen.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 pm

First thing Rafa does is thank the staff and players <awe>

Now Ashley should give him guarantees and let him get on with putting together a PL squad.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Sky spending half the time discussing whether Rafa is staying or not, can we not have one f***ing night <fist>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:13 pm

RTG <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Chappy wrote:RTG <laugh>
Its class

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Griezman available for £85m <whistle>

<roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Job done and very enjoyable night in the end. Hard work to build a squad capable of staying up can wait a couple of nights <cheers>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Graw wrote:
Its class
Ive never seen so much butthurt in one thread lol

Do you think we come across that way to them? or are they just nob ends?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Everytime i get done splitting my sides with one thread a new one just pops up, hahaha! <laugh>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Hjl wrote:
Graw wrote: Its class

They can yell 6 in a row all they want they're deffo hurting... perhaps not so much at us coming up but at the possibility they won't be back for some time.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't see why we should be obsessed with their obsession of us. I'm not from the area, which might be a factor. I did however take a quick look, and found it interesting that they have a thread on Mitrovic. Just to slate him, why does that matter? I'm glad we don't have a similar thread about Defoe or whoever else they have up front. It's ridiculous.

I realise that in commenting about it, I am being slightly oxymoronic. I genuinely find the whole thing curious. I recognise the rivalry, and wholeheartedly support it. Perhaps because where I am from geographically I feel differently, where I am raised Liverpool are the nob heads for a start. I just don't think that rivalry means obsession. Let them be s***, don't revel in it. Just enjoy being better.

Which we will do.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

CIH wrote:
I don't see why we should be obsessed with their obsession of us. I'm not from the area, which might be a factor. I did however take a quick look, and found it interesting that they have a thread on Mitrovic. Just to slate him, why does that matter? I'm glad we don't have a similar thread about Defoe or whoever else they have up front. It's ridiculous.

I realise that in commenting about it, I am being slightly oxymoronic. I genuinely find the whole thing curious. I recognise the rivalry, and wholeheartedly support it. Perhaps because where I am from geographically I feel differently, where I am raised Liverpool are the nob heads for a start. I just don't think that rivalry means obsession. Let them be s***, don't revel in it. Just enjoy being better.

Which we will do.
Because some of the reactions are hilarious, its always a good chuckle at times like these

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Chappy wrote:
Hjl wrote:

They can yell 6 in a row all they want they're deffo hurting... perhaps not so much at us coming up but at the possibility they won't be back for some time.
They will be back straight away because despite the fact the the Championship was a long hard slog with lot's of workhorse experienced players who leave everything on the pitch it's been **** since we looked likely to come up and only scoring 4 against Preston is highly embarrassing <laugh> <awe>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:32 pm

CIH wrote:

Which we will do.
It's funny because almost everything they say is wrong and contradictory.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:32 pm

CIH wrote:

Which we will do.
They're our rivals... of course I'm going to revel in their downfall.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:33 pm

The Angry Badger. wrote:
Chappy wrote:
They will be back straight away because despite the fact the the Championship was a long hard slog with lot's of workhorse experienced players who leave everything on the pitch it's been **** since we looked likely to come up and only scoring 4 against Preston is highly embarrassing <laugh> <awe>
Im going to be paying attention to their season next year. I want to see how they do compared to us. Who knows, if the stars align maybe well get a cup game against them.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Jaiston wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:This is honestly the happiest I've felt as a Newcastle fan since the Sir Bobby days
Championship under Hughton when we won it ?
Nope. Championship was much easier back then with a different set of players that I wasn't as "behind." Plus this time really feels like we can build something under Rafa. Back then didn't feel quite as optimistic.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Jaiston wrote:
Championship under Hughton when we won it ?
Nope. Championship was much easier back then with a different set of players that I wasn't as "behind." Plus this time really feels like we can build something under Rafa. Back then didn't feel quite as optimistic.
Now we just need to see Rafa get a good deal a d everything he needs to make us survive.

He is 100% staying isn't he??

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:11 pm

We're brilliant, Mitro is brilliant, f***ing love it!

Ozzygull
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Ozzygull » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Massive congratulations from a Brighton fan. Two best teams in the league. Your ambitions will be different from ours next season. You will assume at least consolidation and we will hope not to come straight back down. Still enjoy now and the summer and worry about it later. Unbelievable support for a team in the championship, fully deserved.