NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 pm

You all realise that permanent deals that needed doing this window that weren't... are deals that need doing in the summer window.

Had those deals been done this window... there'd still have been deals that needed doing in the summer. The chances of us getting the deals we needed doing in January in the summer and those summer deals too... are minimal.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:All things considered, I don't think we did too badly and we've certainly had worse transfer windows.

Going to play devil's advocate here and don't think loan signings are a particularly bad thing for our current situation. There's so much uncertainty surrounding the club's future and the market is still very much inflated when it comes to players' value.

And I know it's only a loan deal but I think Slimani is a bit of a coup for us. It might have been a deadline day deal but the club have done well there. I feel much more comfortable taking him over a £20m punt on Jorgensen at this stage in the season.
£2M loan fee, plus existing wages for 10 games? Getting the deal done for him to be able to play in the first games in January would have been good business. What they've actually done I find quite bad business.

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Seen Dubravka is very fluent in English, maybe he could even start at the weekend as there won't be any communication problems.
I can't believe you... xD

I was in Czech last summer and they speak English very very bad!.
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Slimani is a much better striker than we could have signed on a permanent transfer. People saying the loan is a bad idea, what's the better alternative?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Diego21 wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:Seen Dubravka is very fluent in English, maybe he could even start at the weekend as there won't be any communication problems.
I can't believe you... xD

I've met many Czech people who speak English better than many English people.

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Diego21 wrote: I can't believe you... xD

I've met many Czech people who speak English better than many English people.
Yes, I suppose there will be everything on all sides. But generally, or maybe in different Cities. I was in Prague. And native people said me the most of the people didn't speak English.

But is like in Spain. You can't speak English here with 70-80% of the people. I don't speak English very fluent and I have a lot of grammar mistakes, but I can defend and talk...
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 pm

beatski wrote:Slimani is a much better striker than we could have signed on a permanent transfer. People saying the loan is a bad idea, what's the better alternative?
Possibly make a sound investment in a player that can serve a greater value to the club over a period greater than 10 games. I can fully understand Ashley being wary of footing up his own money into the club if this is how it's being spent.

Who ever is in charge of the negotiations, I'm presuming it's going to fall at Charnley's remit, really needs to realign the valuations of players. The club as a whole seems to be 3 year time lapse when it comes to paying what's needed for players. Even back in 2013 we wouldn't meet clubs demands when it came to buying players. For which I'm sure Llambias was removed for.

Slimani is going to represent an immediate right off in terms of value to the club. We don't even own his contract. At least signing a player such as Jorgensen we're seeing realistically the same sporting benefit on the pitch (let's face it, in the grand scheme of things difference in performance output is going to be marginal), without the immediate right off of millions of pounds from a budget. There is also the potential that should Jorgensen play well, he could be sold for greater than what has expended on him. Even failing that, two years down the line, he can be sold for something.

Come the summer, Rafa (should he be hear) will go crying to the board for more money than what's available. It's only fair that he should. But the guys controlling the purse strings will have spunked a sizeable part of the budget this month, and handicapped future deals being able to be done on players that aren't even at the club anymore!

For me it's been a shambles of a window. I don't so much blame Ashley, or Rafa. The people who are in charge of the day to day running of this club are for me the people who are responsible for the ongoing s*** show that this club is.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 pm

The Slimani signing isn't about long term value though, it's about keeping us up which is worth about £60m just for the first season and that's not factoring in a new TV deal. If it comes off it's an utter bargain, if we go down he goes back to Leicester.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Colly wrote:The Slimani signing isn't about long term value though, it's about keeping us up which is worth about £60m just for the first season and that's not factoring in a new TV deal. If it comes off it's an utter bargain, if we go down he goes back to Leicester.
So go and get that deal done weeks ago, instead of wasting time in countless other deals that the club must know aren't going to honestly get done, before waiting to the last minute to bring someone in, panicking and finally getting him in.

It's fair to expect the leg work, and behind the scenes work to be done when January 1st arrives, round off the deal once the registration period is open. Allow signings to benefit the side to the greatest potential by signing them earlier. Waiting to the final day of January is mental. If you're going to add to the squad with loaning in Slimani, at least allow yourself to play in as many games as possible.

The last minute nature, coupled with knowing the player is injured really hits me as a poor deal when you look at what should have been done this window.

If the £60M and Premier League survival is such, how about the club go and allow the side to be improved upon at the start of the month. Instead we've allowed 3 PL games to go by with only the addition being Kenedy for Burnley.

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Can we not just be happy we have new signings for the season please?

Please.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 pm

How does it become a poor deal because its 3 weeks (3 league games?) later? From what we heard Leicester weren't prepared to let a player go to another Premier League club, so maybe that's why? I'd have preferred all three in quicker, but I'm happy to have them now with 14 games left.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Him being injured is quite a big factor surely, very much limiting the amount of games he can actually play in. (actually making the signing earlier wouldn't have solved that) Also factoring in that he won't be able to play against Leicester is also limiting the possibility for him to prove worthwhile.

To me it's a panic buy. The real issue for is the clubs inability to get deals done, and attract players who are really going to make the club stronger. This dates back many windows, and I saw no signs of improvement across this month. Kenedy for me is a signing I would expect you either go and buy, or is a last minute deal that gets done. Not a player that drags across best part of 2 windows for just a loan.

What can we realistically expect from Slimani, drafting him into the side in a couple of weeks? 3/4 goals for me would be a good return, and that's relying on them being scored in games which they directly influence us getting points. Honestly not expecting anything more than a couple of goals really, that's all I'm set up for in terms of this signing.

Kenedy had a good game last night, but we still dropped points. He didn't win us the game did he.

All these signings have just papered over certain cracks, whilst we've allowed other cracks to form. We needed real quality that can lift us above what other sides around us are doing. I really don't see that we've improved on our situation that we had across the landscape of the league than we did at the start of the month.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Mbemba your posts are far too long! Someone summarise please..

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Mbemba You're a Womble wrote:
beatski wrote:Slimani is a much better striker than we could have signed on a permanent transfer. People saying the loan is a bad idea, what's the better alternative?
Possibly make a sound investment in a player that can serve a greater value to the club over a period greater than 10 games. I can fully understand Ashley being wary of footing up his own money into the club if this is how it's being spent.

Who ever is in charge of the negotiations, I'm presuming it's going to fall at Charnley's remit, really needs to realign the valuations of players. The club as a whole seems to be 3 year time lapse when it comes to paying what's needed for players. Even back in 2013 we wouldn't meet clubs demands when it came to buying players. For which I'm sure Llambias was removed for.

Slimani is going to represent an immediate right off in terms of value to the club. We don't even own his contract. At least signing a player such as Jorgensen we're seeing realistically the same sporting benefit on the pitch (let's face it, in the grand scheme of things difference in performance output is going to be marginal), without the immediate right off of millions of pounds from a budget. There is also the potential that should Jorgensen play well, he could be sold for greater than what has expended on him. Even failing that, two years down the line, he can be sold for something.

Come the summer, Rafa (should he be hear) will go crying to the board for more money than what's available. It's only fair that he should. But the guys controlling the purse strings will have spunked a sizeable part of the budget this month, and handicapped future deals being able to be done on players that aren't even at the club anymore!

For me it's been a shambles of a window. I don't so much blame Ashley, or Rafa. The people who are in charge of the day to day running of this club are for me the people who are responsible for the ongoing s*** show that this club is.
Jorgensen is far more of a gamble than Slimani, then if we got relegated he'd be off anyway. Plus a loan is better for the prospects of selling the club

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 pm

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:Can we not just be happy we have new signings for the season please?

Please.
No <mob>

Happy Colback has f***ed off to Forest tho.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Of course it's papering over cracks, but we're deep in a relegation battle and looking around the 7 or so teams in it we've strengthened more than most. Would I have preferred us to throw £50m quid around and turned us midtable overnight? Obviously yes, but that's not happening. Either way I'm happier with the loan deal for Slimani than what looked a massive overspend on Jorgensen.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Mbemba You're a Womble wrote:Pairing the amount of winnable games remaining, with the amount of games Slimani can play in, people need to realign their expectations out of this signing. Whilst Joselu is s***, I honestly think the margins to be gained from putting Slimani in are quite slim. To the extent of the fee that we're paying for him I honestly think this is a verging on terrible transfer move. Very much squandering what little we do have, for the fear of paying out a larger sum such as £20/25M.

We could stick Lewandowski up front for 10 games, but we will still struggle for the remaining part of the season, and struggle to score. One player can certainly improve a side, but very rarely will ever fundamentally change how the side plays. For large spells of games we rarely look like we can threaten or open up sides this season. Let alone be able to defend and maintain footings in games, to allow any goals scored to represent value to points gained.

The goals we're going to score from now and end of the season are going to be of ever increasing value. Goals we're hoping Slimani can provide. Simple facts are there are nowhere near enough goals in the whole side. Changing one position in the team isn't going to change that.

<urgh>
don't see how a striker signed permanently would do this where a loanee cant

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 am

beatski wrote:
Mbemba You're a Womble wrote:Pairing the amount of winnable games remaining, with the amount of games Slimani can play in, people need to realign their expectations out of this signing. Whilst Joselu is s***, I honestly think the margins to be gained from putting Slimani in are quite slim. To the extent of the fee that we're paying for him I honestly think this is a verging on terrible transfer move. Very much squandering what little we do have, for the fear of paying out a larger sum such as £20/25M.

We could stick Lewandowski up front for 10 games, but we will still struggle for the remaining part of the season, and struggle to score. One player can certainly improve a side, but very rarely will ever fundamentally change how the side plays. For large spells of games we rarely look like we can threaten or open up sides this season. Let alone be able to defend and maintain footings in games, to allow any goals scored to represent value to points gained.

The goals we're going to score from now and end of the season are going to be of ever increasing value. Goals we're hoping Slimani can provide. Simple facts are there are nowhere near enough goals in the whole side. Changing one position in the team isn't going to change that.

<urgh>
don't see how a striker signed permanently would do this where a loanee cant
That's partly my point. Why not actually go and sign a permanent signing?

Make significant improvement to this squad. I'm just surprised that there is such recognised adulation for the club making deals, when in actual fact you step back and assess, for me they are still falling miles short of what we need to be doing, and what other clubs around us are.

All three signings for me are just very underwhelming, and considering the time and effort that was clearly taken into getting them done, have to be considered below standard. Not one of them are a signing that makes a statement, goes and sets a new standard in our squad for us to improve around.

Clubs have been doing exactly that for years, and I just dream that we could do that as well. <erk>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:14 am

What are you on about? How is that partly your point?

Slimani is class (a class above your choice of Jorgensen), and based on Kenedys performance he looks to be too. We need players to make an impact to help us stay up, that's exactly what we've got. Doesn't matter whether they're on loan or permanent, the important thing is they make a difference between now and the end of the season.

And why is MA going to spend money when he's trying to sell? If PCP are willing to meet Mike's current valuation of the club and assets at the end of the season as long as we arent relegated, and these loans gives us a much better chance of staying up without changing said valuation, we're more likely to be sold.

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 am

Mbemba You're a Womble wrote:
beatski wrote: don't see how a striker signed permanently would do this where a loanee cant
That's partly my point. Why not actually go and sign a permanent signing?

Make significant improvement to this squad. I'm just surprised that there is such recognised adulation for the club making deals, when in actual fact you step back and assess, for me they are still falling miles short of what we need to be doing, and what other clubs around us are.

All three signings for me are just very underwhelming, and considering the time and effort that was clearly taken into getting them done, have to be considered below standard. Not one of them are a signing that makes a statement, goes and sets a new standard in our squad for us to improve around.

Clubs have been doing exactly that for years, and I just dream that we could do that as well. <erk>
It’s the January window and not traditionally when the huge money is spent. Name one club, with the exception of Man United, who gave made a statement this window. Liverpool bought a defender who’s been in the pipeline for a year and City just bought another expensive defender but didn’t spend more than is typical, hardly a statement. Sanchez is the only statement signing, taking him away from a big rival.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi