The Jazz Thread

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: The Jazz Thread

Post by skalpel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Perhaps nobody here cares at all, but for anyone who may, some great chap has uploaded a video of three full European performances of the Mingus Sextet in the early 60s, showing some of the last performances of Eric Dolphy (one of the greatest artists of all time, obviously) before his death.

Probably the best cut from the lot starts at 11:23.

The Pie Queue
Tindall's Hoody

Post by The Pie Queue » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:18 pm

I went to see Gregory Porter at the Sage last week ,that's the second time I've seen him He's getting more confident and speaking more on stage, crowd I was with had mixed views on that. I saw Mario Biondi at Hoochie Coochie just before Christmas, what a show!! had the place going mental, Carver was there it seemed odd to see him smiling, didn't see much of that in the technical area.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat May 14, 2016 4:24 pm

The Pie Queue wrote:I went to see Gregory Porter at the Sage last week ,that's the second time I've seen him He's getting more confident and speaking more on stage, crowd I was with had mixed views on that. I saw Mario Biondi at Hoochie Coochie just before Christmas, what a show!! had the place going mental, Carver was there it seemed odd to see him smiling, didn't see much of that in the technical area.
Gregory Porter's definitely one I'm looking forward to seeing this year, he's got such a fantastic voice <awe>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

The Pie Queue
Tindall's Hoody

Post by The Pie Queue » Sun May 22, 2016 6:05 pm

LiDL wrote:
The Pie Queue wrote:I went to see Gregory Porter at the Sage last week ,that's the second time I've seen him He's getting more confident and speaking more on stage, crowd I was with had mixed views on that. I saw Mario Biondi at Hoochie Coochie just before Christmas, what a show!! had the place going mental, Carver was there it seemed odd to see him smiling, didn't see much of that in the technical area.
Gregory Porter's definitely one I'm looking forward to seeing this year, he's got such a fantastic voice <awe>
You're right the band is only small ,and his voice is like another instrument playing along side them. Liquid Spirit is one of my favouirte albums of the last couple of years