Some brilliant news

GirondinGeordie
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Some brilliant news

Post by GirondinGeordie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:49 am

Westlife announce farewell show.
Which band do you hate the most?

PS: On the subject of bad performances, I was watching a few Bowie videos the other week and listened to Dancing in The Street with Jagger, what did everyone think of that?
"La critique est aisée, mais l'art est difficile" - Philippe Néricault Destouches

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Some brilliant news

Post by skalpel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:57 am

There are so many bands that I despise that it would be hard to pick one. But Dream Theater come extremely close.

GirondinGeordie
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by GirondinGeordie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I think I should be more precise in saying bands that actually became established acts.
So be all the crap like Jedward and co.

Dream Theatre, the name says enough!
"La critique est aisée, mais l'art est difficile" - Philippe Néricault Destouches

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Not one band but every technical metal band. They're just a bunch of tuneless show offs!
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Blur or Queen. Equally hate both with a burning vengeance.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Henry Hoover wrote:Blur or Queen. Equally hate both with a burning vengeance.
I fear we may not get on <whistle>
<monster>

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm

acid hippo wrote:
<troll>

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:27 pm

acid hippo wrote:
This.

Also I hate Blink-182, overhyped s***.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:31 pm

I've never understood the appeal to the Foo Fighters... just utterly passionless and monotonous dross that have someone managed to become one of the biggest mainstream rock bands around. And the mastering on their tracks does my nut in, painfully overcompressed.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
acid hippo wrote:
This.

Is that 'This' as in you dislike Blur, or 'This' as in you won't get on with Henry because of his dislike for Blur <laugh>

For the record, I dislike many many bands. But, at the top, I'd say MCR and such and the like. I also don't like The Beatles <whistle> <controversial>
<monster>

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I want curly hair wrote:I've never understood the appeal to the Foo Fighters... just utterly passionless and monotonous dross that have someone managed to become one of the biggest mainstream rock bands around. And the mastering on their tracks does my nut in, painfully overcompressed.
This is precisely why i didn't want to do music for GCSE or A-levels. It would just ruin my enjoyment of most music due to over analysis.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

acid hippo wrote:
Amnesiac wrote:
This.

Is that 'This' as in you dislike Blur, or 'This' as in you won't get on with Henry because of his dislike for Blur <laugh>

For the record, I dislike many many bands. But, at the top, I'd say MCR and such and the like. I also don't like The Beatles <whistle> <controversial>
Bolded it champ <ok>

MCR are a good shout, but at least they didn't produce the same crap every album, like Blink.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
acid hippo wrote:

Bolded it champ <ok>

MCR are a good shout, but at least they didn't produce the same crap every album, like Blink.
Good lad <ok> <laugh>. I was getting worried there for a minute :bandit: Best band in the world...

Aye, true. I was never a big fan of Blink. They've got a couple of songs that always bring a sense of nostalgia, but I never bothered listening to them properly. Always considered them a jokey band to be fair <laugh>

I would also like to add Metro Station. And that band, can't remember what they were called, someone mentioned them the other week as being terrible. They all wore blazers and black skinnies all the time. The guy was a dick.

edit; One Night Only. That's it. Terrible.
<monster>

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:50 pm

You'veBeenTiote'd wrote:
I want curly hair wrote:I've never understood the appeal to the Foo Fighters... just utterly passionless and monotonous dross that have someone managed to become one of the biggest mainstream rock bands around. And the mastering on their tracks does my nut in, painfully overcompressed.
This is precisely why i didn't want to do music for GCSE or A-levels. It would just ruin my enjoyment of most music due to over analysis.
I only did Music Tech for a year and I've thankfully managed to forget most of that god-awful year but compression is something that I've kept with me. It must be so much worse for ToonSi!
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm

acid hippo wrote:Good lad <ok> <laugh>. I was getting worried there for a minute :bandit: Best band in the world...

Aye, true. I was never a big fan of Blink. They've got a couple of songs that always bring a sense of nostalgia, but I never bothered listening to them properly. Always considered them a jokey band to be fair <laugh>

I would also like to add Metro Station. And that band, can't remember what they were called, someone mentioned them the other week as being terrible. They all wore blazers and black skinnies all the time. The guy was a dick.
One Night Only?

Tony Soprano

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:52 pm

I want curly hair wrote:
acid hippo wrote:Good lad <ok> <laugh>. I was getting worried there for a minute :bandit: Best band in the world...

One Night Only?
Yep <diva> Just remembered it as you said it ha <laugh>

Awful band.
<monster>

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Didn't the lead singer go out with Emma Watson?

Tony Soprano

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 pm

acid hippo wrote:
Amnesiac wrote:
Bolded it champ <ok>

Good lad <ok> <laugh>. I was getting worried there for a minute :bandit: Best band in the world...

Well that narrows it down to around 3 different genres <whistle>

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 pm

I want curly hair wrote:Didn't the lead singer go out with Emma Watson?
Yeah I think so. God knows why. Lost a lot of respect for Emma Watson then. Almost as bad as that guy from One Direction or whatever going out with Caroline Flack.
<monster>

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Amnesiac wrote:
acid hippo wrote:

Well that narrows it down to around 3 different genres <whistle>
<laugh> haha, shush! It's cool, we got the name in the end <diva>
<monster>