Man of Steel 2 - Ben Affleck as Batman

Are you happy with Ben Affleck as Batman?

Yes - I think he's the right guy for the job. He's a good actor.
22%
He did well as Daredevil, so why not?
No votes
I'm not sure
No votes
No - Ben Affleck as Batman is a joke. Welcome back to the s*** age of batman movies.
33%
I don't really care.
44%

Total votes: 9

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Man of Steel 2 - Ben Affleck as Batman

Post by Lord Porpington » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:08 pm

What are people's thoughts on this? Personally, I'm pissed off. He was average as Daredevil, and he's not a very good actor. He lacks charisma and isn't threatening at all.

However, this movie will most likely suck due to it's director. My hopes aren't high.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Man of Steel 2 - Ben Affleck as Batman

Post by tomtom94 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 am

I disagree with you entirely because I like both Ben Affleck and Zack Snyder. <ok>
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

A Pardew In A Pear Tree
Miggy's Smiles

Post by A Pardew In A Pear Tree » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 am

Zack Snyder has made some great films Watchmen, Man Of Steel & 300.
Ben Affleck was in one of the best films in recent years Argo, he also was in The Town, Good Will Hunting & Pearl Harbour. It's pretty clear he's a good actor
So you're wrong <ok>
cbrad NUFC wrote:
She died <wah> <rose>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

He's not normally threatening for sure. But maybe he can, you know, act threatening. I do think he's a good actor, using a terrible film he was in is not the best example.
Not that I'll see the film, the Batman ones were silly enough but add Superman to the mix and I'm not watching it
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Its going to be a different style of Batman. It certainly wont be the worst Batman.
Its a Superman movie, so will most likely suck either way.
You could have had the same discussion for Heath Ledger before he was considered the best Joker there will be.
So basically im not bothered and think its a massive overreaction at the end of the day.

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Post by Lord Porpington » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:04 pm

.,. wrote:Zack Snyder has made some great films Watchmen, Man Of Steel & 300.
Ben Affleck was in one of the best films in recent years Argo, he also was in The Town, Good Will Hunting & Pearl Harbour. It's pretty clear he's a good actor
So you're wrong <ok>
I'm not wrong, we can agree to disagree.

Pearl harbor, in my opinion, was a s*** movie. And the guy can be Ok in certain movies, but he's an average actor at best.

For every good performance he puts in at least 3 s*** performances. And to be honest, it takes a good director to get the best out of him. Synder has made some good films, but I don't see him inspiring Affleck into giving his greatest performance ever. 300 was a good film but some of the acting was pants, even for a movie that was supposed to be cheesy as f***.

300 and Watchmen were good films, but not great. After the Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel, plus with all the great comic book movies coming out, we should be looking to do better than just a good movie, we should be looking for a fantastic movie, especially one that includes both Batman and Superman, and one that likely sees them fight also!!

Ben Affleck was unconvincing as Daredevil. He didn't make Daredevil seem scary or intimidating in the slightest.