Xbox One Thread

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Re: Xbox One Thread

Post by Mifune » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 am

Tirer le Ryan Oison Une wrote:As if Microsoft actually made a u-turn <laugh>
They are just postponing their plans until they feel safe enough to implement them.
You don't think Sony will do the same thing eventually?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Magnifique Georges wrote:Now that Xbox has back tracked over shared games and having to be online, should it re-enter my possibilities? I much prefer the 360 to the PS3....
Ignore your preferences this generation. The Xbox One always should have been a contender, but their muddled messages and seeming lack of faith in their policies is worrying. Both consoles now need subscriptions to play online, so that's not a factor, especially as I doubt PS+ will continue to provide such value. The only potential pitfall of the PS4 is whether Sony has got their Internet services infrastructure on a par with Microsoft this time, which I hope they have. Beyond that, it's down to exclusive games and what your friends get. I'd also factor in the PS4-Vita connectivity and millions of indie games, although MS is trying to make up ground on the latter. Price is kind of irrelevant if you're buying day one and get FIFA for free.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Do we know if our PS+ subscriptions transfer onto next gen, or will we have to pay again for it?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 pm

It transfers.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Amnesiac wrote:Do we know if our PS+ subscriptions transfer onto next gen, or will we have to pay again for it?
They keep going, infact they will spread accross ps3, ps4 and Vita. So just keep subscribing no problem!
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Mifune wrote:
Tirer le Ryan Oison Une wrote:As if Microsoft actually made a u-turn <laugh>
They are just postponing their plans until they feel safe enough to implement them.
You don't think Sony will do the same thing eventually?
I'm sure eventually it will happen, but I'm equally sure it will be Microsoft who do it first, and Sony will try and take advantage as they almost did this time. MS have made their intention clear and they have the infrastructure in place. It is only a matter of time.

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Post by Lord Porpington » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Don't give a s*** what anyone thinks. I'm getting the Xbox One.

I'm not going to get it straight away, but once Destiny and Titanfall are released, I'm getting that s***!

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 am

Cal wrote:
A digital version of FIFA 14 to come free with Xbox Ones in Europe.
Is this only for day one consoles, or just generally?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:28 am

Looks like Day One only. And it's there's a Forza option as well. There's a limited amount they're giving away though.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 am

Dang it :(.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 am

Edited in too late, but they're also limited by availability, not a case of every single Day One edition getting a free game. Silly Microsoft.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 am

Even worse <neg>.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 am

There's a storm brewing. A few games writers have been alluding to issues with the Xbox One and Microsoft have embargoed all reviews for Xbox One games until release dates, despite PS4 and other platform reviews being on track to come out ahead of time as usual. Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 will apparently only run in 720p on the Xbox One, despite being natively 1080p on PS4 (which also might have trouble, there's a 300MB day one patch which unlocks a lot of features, but that could be to control access to full functionality).

There's been some semi-confirmation from people who aren't under embargo.

David Abrams ‏@CheapyD (runs CheapArseGamer)
I’m not reviewing any Xbox One games so I will tell you right now, Ghosts on XB1 is indeed 720p vs PS4′s 1080p. Could that change? Maybe?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jeremy Conrad ‏@ManaByte (Former IGN Editor)
FIFA, Forza, NBA2k - 1080p
Ryse - 900p
Ghosts, BF4 -720p
#XboxOne $500 well spent.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drama. <diva>

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Post by Lord Porpington » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:24 am

Please tell me you all aren't getting COD Ghosts when it comes out. How can people carry on shelling out 50+ quid for a very similar game over and over?

COD died years ago along with Halo. I don't see any revival for COD being as there are like 10 of them now. Halo might revive itself if 343 than stop being so distant from the fans of Halo.

But now it's time, hopefully, for Destiny and Titanfall to take control. I notice that Halo and COD are now being created by people that aren't the original creators.

But the original members of infinity award are developing Titanfall, and Bungie are now creating Destiny. Both look interesting.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 am

Lord Porpington wrote:Please tell me you all aren't getting COD Ghosts when it comes out. How can people carry on shelling out 50+ quid for a very similar game over and over?

COD died years ago along with Halo. I don't see any revival for COD being as there are like 10 of them now. Halo might revive itself if 343 than stop being so distant from the fans of Halo.

But now it's time, hopefully, for Destiny and Titanfall to take control. I notice that Halo and COD are now being created by people that aren't the original creators.

But the original members of infinity award are developing Titanfall, and Bungie are now creating Destiny. Both look interesting.
He didn't say if he was or wasn't just stating that one of the biggest game releases ever will be in 720 compared to 1080 between to consoles
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:40 am

Lord Porpington wrote:Please tell me you all aren't getting COD Ghosts when it comes out. How can people carry on shelling out 50+ quid for a very similar game over and over?
Why does it matter to you if people are? If people want to spend money on a game that they're going to enjoy then let them. It's no concern of yours.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 am

You get Fifa every year, Tash.

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Post by Lord Porpington » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 pm

KingoStarr wrote:

He didn't say if he was or wasn't just stating that one of the biggest game releases ever will be in 720 compared to 1080 between to consoles
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, and I wasn't saying you can't buy it, I just can't understand why.

I was inquiring, not criticising.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:15 am

Lamps are people too. <awe>

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:57 am

<laugh> I thought it was pretty cool until I saw the top left bit
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.