Newcastle Utd 1 vs 2 Huddersfield - 13/08/16

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Newcastle Utd 1 vs 2 Huddersfield - 13/08/16

Post by TJR » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:17 am

Flags. Scarves. A sea of black and white shirts. Three vital ingredients for what the club are calling 'black and white day' at St James' Park this afternoon. Gallowgate flags behind a campaign that will see over 500 flags on show. Those sitting in the Gallowgate and Strawberry corner have volunteered in their numbers to wave flags. Those elsewhere in the ground are advised to wear black and white and bring their scarves as we aim to create a show and atmosphere in the stands that won't be forgotten anytime soon. Although the game itself doesn't kick off until 15:00, you are strongly encouraged to be in your seat for 14:30 as this is when the flag display will start. The display will last around 30 minutes and finish just before kick off.

[tweet][/tweet]

It is anticipated that there will be a real carnival atmosphere around Newcastle city centre today and hopefully that positivity will make it's way onto the pitch. The buzz around the place is unlike anything we've had for years. In his short time at the club Rafa appears to have united a previously divided fan base as we all look to get behind the team and create an electric atmosphere at St James' Park.

There are three major football clubs in the North East. Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough. Despite the fact that Sunderland and Middlesbrough are competing at the top level this season while we are in the second tier, we have sold more season tickets than both Middlesbrough and Sunderland combined. This is testament to the fantastic work Rafa Benitez and the club under his guidance have done off the pitch.

In terms of the on the pitch action, we head into this on the back of a 1-0 defeat at Fulham. Rafa has described that as a 'wake up call' to his players and they are fully expected to respond by emphatically beating Huddersfield today. The performance at Fulham wasn't awful and there are positives to take. It is likely that it was just a bit of an early season blip and we'll improve greatly going onwards.

Huddersfield lost to Shrewsbury in the League Cup on Tuesday night. Ivan Toney assisting the winner. There previous Championship game was a 2-1 victory over Brentford.

Remember to wear black and white, bring your scarf and be in the ground at least half an hour before kick off. Today is going to be a special day!

Team news:
Newcastle United:
New signings Ciaran Clark and Mohamed Diame are available while wantaway Frenchmen Moussa Sissoko may feature. Serbian nutcase Alexander Mitrovic serves the second of his four game ban. There is no new injury following the Fulham game.
Huddersfield Town:
Dean Whitehead is suspended. Philip Billing and Harry Bunn will miss out through injury but Nahki Wells could make a comeback.

Possible lineups:
Newcastle Utd:
<sels>
<janmaat> <mbemba> <lascelles> <gamez>
<ritchie> <hayden> <diame> <aarons>
<gayle> <ayoze>
Dummett and more so Colback were woeful against Fulham and could lose their places as a result. With it being a home game we could go more attacking and play two out and out wingers.

Huddersfield Town:
Ward
Smith Hudson Schnidler Lowe
Hogg Mooy
Lolley Palmer LaParra
Kachunga
A word from the gaffers:
Rafael Benítez:
Rafa Benítez wrote:The atmosphere that the fans create already is amazing, but for our fans to organise something like this shows the huge passion of the Geordies to support their team. I know it will make the noise and the atmosphere in St James’ Park even more special than usual, and that will be fantastic. I would like to thank everyone involved with this project (gallowgate flags) on behalf of myself and the players. It is things like this that can really make the difference for us over a long and challenging season ahead.

To see 52,000 fans shows how important the Club is for them, and we want to be sure that we give them as much as we can. Sometimes you can win, sometimes you draw and sometimes you lose, but the main thing to be sure is that the players and everyone give everything to make sure we are where we want to be at the end of the season. When I was talking with some of the players to bring them here, they were telling me about the stadium, the fans and playing in front of so many people. That is a situation that we want to be an advantage for us. This initiative of the fans has to be crucial. They are key for us because we are together until the end. Even if we make mistakes, if they support the team it is easier for us to play better, it is easier for the players to have more confidence and quality to win more games. It is for the benefit of everyone that we stick together from the first day to the last day. We have to give everything, they (the fans) will give us everything, and that is good for the future.

Because of the fans, because of the stature of our Club, we know that every game will be more difficult. But if you want to go up, you have to adapt to these situations. We know that they (Huddersfield) will give everything, so we have to do the same and hope that we are better than them. We know that we have to improve (from Fulham) and the main thing is make sure that every time we are improving a little bit and that we are much better. Then, we can approach games with the confidence that we can win.
David Wagner:
David Wagner wrote:As long as nothing extraordinary happens to him, Mark Hudson is fit and fresh and he will be back in the starting eleven to lead us out. With his experience he knows how to handle different situations on the pitch and he knows how to communicate that to people. He knows how to make people relax and he knows how to make people accelerate the game when they have to. He is able to deliver these messages to all the players and it’s important to have someone in this position. It’s important, also, that he has quality and Huddy is strong in the air, he is a great defender one-on-one and he will make sure it’s very tight. Newcastle have quick and mobile people and we don’t want them to have too much space. We have to build up a fighting zone against Newcastle and Huddy is a real fighter. He feels a responsibility not only for himself but for the whole team – he is very unselfish. After signing his new contract, he knows he will be a big part of the next three years here and also of developing the atmosphere in the squad, which is very, very good. He is an important player for me on the pitch, but also off it as well and we are very happy to have him.

I thought the first half against Shrewsbury was good – it was almost exactly what we had done in both halves against Brentford and the only problem was we didn’t take the chances. In the second half, though, we didn’t continue to do these good things any longer. We didn’t keep the ball and we didn’t move enough without the ball. We made things too complicated and we didn’t have good balance after we lost the ball to avoid the counters. For me this was simple stuff we have spoken about and it’s why I was angry about the defeat, because our problems were caused by ourselves for one half of football when we have played three good halves before that.
Referee:
Oliver Langford:
The West Midlands based referee takes charge of only his second ever Newcastle United fixture. His only other was our 1-0 victory at Gillingham in the League Cup back in 2014.

Expert opinion:
Ollie:
Ian Holloway wrote:I tipped Huddersfield to go down at the start of the season and I could end up with egg all over my face. They played really well last week against Brentford.

But I think the support at St James' Park will carry Newcastle to the victory. It's an immense ground, and while opponents can raise their game when they visit, it might just be too much for Huddersfield.

I do apologise to their fans, though, because I only see them getting better, and that pre-season prediction could be the biggest mistake I make all season!

Newcastle United 2-1 Huddersfield Town.
Prediction:
A full house at St James' Park creating a cracking atmosphere led by Gallowgate Flags will should spur the side on. This should be the best atmosphere witnessed at St James' Park in many years. Maybe the best since Shearers testimonial. It truly is amazing what one man, Rafa Benitez, has done to the city. He's completely transformed the atmosphere, belief and outlook across the Tyneside region in such a short period of time.

I can't see anything but a convincing Newcastle win. Newcastle United 4-0 Huddersfield Town. Gayle hattrick and Ritchie with the other.

Coverage:
St James' Park:
The game is sold out. Fans are asked to be in their seats by 14:30 and are encouraged to bring scarves. There will be a flag and scarf display starting half an hour before kick off. This fixture is expected to break the all time record high Championship attendance record. The previous record was set by us when we welcomed Ipswich to St James' Park in 2010, that day 52,181 were in attendance.
UK TV:
No UK TV coverage.
Overseas TV:
No overseas TV coverage.
UK Radio:
No national radio coverage.
Local Radio:
BBC Newcastle (Locals can tune in on their radio. Those outside the region can listen via this link http://tunein.com/radio/BBC-Newcastle-954-s18219/)
Highlights:
Championship Highlights - 21:00 - Channel 5 (Repeated on Sunday Morning - 10:30 - Channel 5)
HOWAY THE LADS!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Preview: Newcastle Utd vs Huddersfield - 13/08/16

Post by Hjl » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 am

I havent listened to a game on the radio in years! Itll be like going back in time :D

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:42 am

[quote="Hjl"]I havent listened to a game on the radio in years! Itll be like going back in time :D[/quote]
Me too as I'm over in Hong Kong unable to catch any tv . Radio should be ok .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:33 am

Got my ticket, can't wait!

3-0 Toon victory.

Howay the lads!

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:44 am

Reading the preview I have concluded that Dave Wagner really wants a civil partnership with Mark Hudson.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:44 am

Huddersfield are going to sit deep like Fulham did. Perez & Gayle are going to need to find the gaps & our delivery in the final third will need to be good.

1-0 us
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:28 am

4-0? Bloody hell.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:21 am

No overseas TV coverage <neg>

P.T.N
Piss Me Off & I Will Sue
Piss Me Off & I Will Sue

Post by P.T.N » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:46 am

I can see Huddersfield coming to SJP and really wanting to disrupt the atmosphere today. Reckon it'll be 1-1 myself with Huddersfield taking an early lead.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:21 am

2-0 to us. Think we'll break them down late on.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:44 am

Heisen wrote:2-0 to us. Think we'll break them down late on.
Obviously hope I'm wrong but I cannot see Perez scoring, just don't rate him (too lightweight) and Gayle not done anything yet. I think we'll get beat 1-0 again

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:55 am

gawalls wrote:
Heisen wrote:2-0 to us. Think we'll break them down late on.
Obviously hope I'm wrong but I cannot see Perez scoring, just don't rate him (too lightweight) and Gayle not done anything yet. I think we'll get beat 1-0 again
That's the spirit !
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:10 am

Toondes wrote:
gawalls wrote:
That's the spirit !
I know, rightly so everyone says I'm a pessimist when it comes to Newcastle and I genuinely believe given time Rafa will change that about me and get things right just not yet.

It was never gonna be a one season quick fix for me

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:49 am

3-1 to us.

Aarons, Gayle and Richie.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:07 pm

1-1 but a better performance.
Kindly deeds done for free!

MulticulturalMag
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MulticulturalMag » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Ritchie dropped <neg>
纽卡斯尔联足球俱乐部!

Having a Good time
Lee Ryder? Pfft. Twitter is Mine.
Lee Ryder? Pfft. Twitter is Mine.

Post by Having a Good time » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:13 pm

STv2 is now Sammy's First Touch

MulticulturalMag
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MulticulturalMag » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:13 pm

At least Colback isn't playing.

Also no Moussa on the bench :bandit:
纽卡斯尔联足球俱乐部!

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:16 pm

I know Rafa likes to rotate but I'm surprised Ritchie's been dropped. Gutted in fact. Glad Colback isn't starting.