Newcastle Utd 1 vs 2 Huddersfield - 13/08/16

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Re: Match Thread: Newcastle Utd vs Huddersfield - 13/08/16

Post by Heisen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Dumm & Doumbia wrote:After the initial sadness and then worrying about Saturdays result with some time I've accepted it. This is a relatively new team we are putting out , we are in uncharted waters for a lot of them and they will still be figuring out how to play with each other. I think given time the team will gel and we will see performances. It's not often teams make as many wholesale changes as we have and gel immediately.

I'm nowhere near as optimistic as I was pre-season but still quietly confident we can win the league or get promoted automatically. Loadsa games to go.
This. I think if we're still in and around the playoff places come November/December time we'll be fine. Plus I have no doubt that we'll still strengthen the squad over the next few weeks too.

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Post by toonboy984 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:58 am

Heisen wrote:
Dumm & Doumbia wrote:After the initial sadness and then worrying about Saturdays result with some time I've accepted it. This is a relatively new team we are putting out , we are in uncharted waters for a lot of them and they will still be figuring out how to play with each other. I think given time the team will gel and we will see performances. It's not often teams make as many wholesale changes as we have and gel immediately.

I'm nowhere near as optimistic as I was pre-season but still quietly confident we can win the league or get promoted automatically. Loadsa games to go.
This. I think if we're still in and around the playoff places come November/December time we'll be fine. Plus I have no doubt that we'll still strengthen the squad over the next few weeks too.
I really feel like we just need some momentum from somewhere. If we can just get a couple of wins under our belt I think we'll see the confidence start to flow a bit more. Last year was a prime example, once we started picking up some points under Rafa we looked a completely different team.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Shelvey is the 'cover star' for tomorrows programme <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?