Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Well, as Ronan Keating once said 'Life is a roller-coaster'...Mrs BB and I tried to make things work for a few weeks (tried counselling etc.) but she said she loved me more as a friend now (which is what I thought last time when we split for a couple of weeks before she did a u-turn) so after 16 and a bit years (and half my life) that's definitely it.

I'm cracking on with the practicalities like getting house valuations, closing down/moving direct debits etc and looking for somewhere new to live now. Most of it is straighforward, just need to speak to the bank about transferring the mortgage to her etc. as she'll buy me out and transferring title deeds and stuff.
Sorry to hear that chap.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Well, as Ronan Keating once said 'Life is a roller-coaster'...Mrs BB and I tried to make things work for a few weeks (tried counselling etc.) but she said she loved me more as a friend now (which is what I thought last time when we split for a couple of weeks before she did a u-turn) so after 16 and a bit years (and half my life) that's definitely it.

I'm cracking on with the practicalities like getting house valuations, closing down/moving direct debits etc and looking for somewhere new to live now. Most of it is straighforward, just need to speak to the bank about transferring the mortgage to her etc. as she'll buy me out and transferring title deeds and stuff.
That's tough bud. I wonder sometimes if that is where my marriage is heading.

First time I've ever said that out loud, even privately actually.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:42 pm

The last few years have been a struggle at times (not all bad), guess you just never think it’ll get to this stage. It’s all pretty amicable tho, and we’re not arguing or anything so that’s good - and maybe indication that it’s run its course.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Houston is flooding again. Water is 2ft deep outside my house

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Off to meet my Dads fifth wife.

It's not polygamy or anything like that. All the others died.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Productive Saturday, been to the gym, moved a load of direct debits to a new account, filed divorce application. No point hanging around. Not bothered with a solicitor as it’s clear cut and we both agree completely on everything so just had to pay the £550 court cost.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:52 pm
Productive Saturday, been to the gym, moved a load of direct debits to a new account, filed divorce application. No point hanging around. Not bothered with a solicitor as it’s clear cut and we both agree completely on everything so just had to pay the £550 court cost.
Thats good news then. Do you think you will remain friends?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:14 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:52 pm
Thats good news then. Do you think you will remain friends?
Not sure really, we’ve been best friends since we were 17 so obvs we’ll always have something, but as soon as I have my share of the money and move out I think we need a good 6 months of no contact to move on and then see where it goes from there.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:51 am

Had a check up with my GP about a thigh injury I've been struggling with for almost 2 years.

The bastard started off his diagnoses with "At your age..."

Good news is that its healing; albeit slowly.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:20 pm

The human body wasn’t designed to live to your age <roll>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:20 pm
The human body wasn’t designed to live to your age <roll>
Yep. It's all been downhill hill physically since I turned 21.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Crikey it's quiet round here these days :bandit:

Heading to Bratislava in a few weeks for a long weekend on a stag. Anyone been before and could recommend some good watering holes and things to do?

Just done 4 days in Kiev last weekend and that was amazing. Chernobyl, Pripyat, the Duga radar and Pervomaisk missile base were all crammed in, what a weekend.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Heading to Bratislava in a few weeks for a long weekend on a stag. Anyone been before and could recommend some good watering holes and things to do?

Just done 4 days in Kiev last weekend and that was amazing. Chernobyl, Pripyat, the Duga radar and Pervomaisk missile base were all crammed in, what a weekend.
I didn't go when I was there but apparently there's a club in an old nuclear bunker under the castle or something that's supposed to be quality. I think that's Bratislava.

Also yes this forum has gotten rather quiet this year, it's a shame.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Picks up on weekends but quiet in the week.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:39 pm
yeah we've lost a few people. I check it less, even the non football boards out the apathy I feel for nufc.
Guess its generational, we've gotten older and have less time to spare. We need to send OT on a mission for youngsters...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:02 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:39 pm
yeah we've lost a few people. I check it less, even the non football boards out the apathy I feel for nufc.
Guess its generational, we've gotten older and have less time to spare. We need to send OT on a mission for youngsters...
Kids of today. Can't f***ing understand em.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:01 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:02 pm
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Kids of today. Can't understand f***ing em.
<puke>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Speedo wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:41 pm
Aldridge Prior wrote:

I didn't go when I was there but apparently there's a club in an old nuclear bunker under the castle or something that's supposed to be quality. I think that's Bratislava.

Also yes this forum has gotten rather quiet this year, it's a shame.
You're absolutely right, but that place closed very recently 😭

And yes, I don't come here very often these days myself. Two kids now, so very little time to myself, and I'm generally disinterested in Football now. The whole Rafa thing was the last straw for me.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 am

Aldridge Prior wrote:

On the way up to the castle there is a small bar on the right hand side that is well worth a visit. Was the cheapest beers we found at the time.

Nice little bars all around the old town though and a very large beerkeller as well which gets busy.

Shold be a few boats on the river that stay open late.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Got myself a couple of flat viewings lined up for today - look good on paper but you never can tell until you see it in person.