Covid

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Covid

Post by originallad » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:17 am

Anyone had it?

I'm suffering from it atm. My skin hurts and I ache all over, mainly my shoulders and back though. Head is pounding and I have an awful chesty cough.

Currently taking cocodamol and ibuprofen.

Last time I felt this ill was years back when I had the norovirus which was a different ball game all together.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Re: Covid

Post by gola » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:34 am

hav u had the vaccine? i felt similar 2 how ur sayin wen i had it bt that was before vaccine hav had it another 2 times since n yeh nt good bt it does get better. 3 weeks 4 me first time n like 10 days after vaccine

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:18 am

Not had it that I know of, hope you feel better soon <ok>

I’ve got a compromised immune system as on immunosuppressants so should be getting the 2nd booster soon. If I test positive they’ve got to put me on antivirals.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:06 pm

gola wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:34 am
hav u had the vaccine? i felt similar 2 how ur sayin wen i had it bt that was before vaccine hav had it another 2 times since n yeh nt good bt it does get better. 3 weeks 4 me first time n like 10 days after vaccine
I'm double jabbed but not had the booster. Feel knackered. Think I'm over the worst though.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:18 am
Not had it that I know of, hope you feel better soon <ok>

I’ve got a compromised immune system as on immunosuppressants so should be getting the 2nd booster soon. If I test positive they’ve got to put me on antivirals.
Cheers mate.

Aw that sucks. One of my colleagues is in the same boat as you. She caught it and had to have antivirals. Not been in the office this year yet.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:53 pm

I got it in-between my first and second jabs so I don't know how that effected my symptoms, I started with a sore throat and then developed a cough and fever, then lost taste and smell. I was exhausted and slept most of the days, luckily my breathing wasn't too affected, there was a noticeable change but not to the point I got really worried. Overall it wasn't the illest I've ever been but was up there in the top 3.

On the other hand my dad (double jabbed at that point) got it at the same time and spent 2 weeks in the hospital and had it really bad, ended up in high dependency for a couple of days, then ended up in a rehab centre for a couple of months (although there were other contributing factors due to existing medical conditions).

I think it may have been the delta variant we had as that was the dominant strain at the time.

Also some symptoms lasted a couple of months, sense of smell and fatigue being the longest. Also had a bit of brain fog for a few weeks.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 pm

I had it last week, started off as a mild cold and, to be honest, never really got any worse although I did have cancel a holiday. Kepy myself to myself for a week or so and continued to cycle most days without any problems - I guess I've been one of the lucky ones.

Rearranged the holiday for this coming Friday so fingers crossed!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:42 pm

Finally joined the Covid club. Started feeling a bit unwell on Tuesday night so did a test and it was negative. Found out someone at work who I saw on Tuesday (came into work even though she didn't feel well...) has tested positive so I did another test this morning which came back positive.

Only got a bit of a fever, headache and generally aching. Got to get some antiviral meds from the doctor as I'm high risk due to immunosuppressive treatment I have for something else so just waiting for those.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:21 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:42 pm
Finally joined the Covid club. Started feeling a bit unwell on Tuesday night so did a test and it was negative. Found out someone at work who I saw on Tuesday (came into work even though she didn't feel well...) has tested positive so I did another test this morning which came back positive.

Only got a bit of a fever, headache and generally aching. Got to get some antiviral meds from the doctor as I'm high risk due to immunosuppressive treatment I have for something else so just waiting for those.
<applause>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:36 am

f*** that person who came. In whilst unwell. Are your work disciplining her at all?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:56 am

Not as far as I know. Not sure if they can now the law has changed and you don’t legally have to self isolate? You’d think most people with half a braincell would just stay at home…

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:12 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:56 am
Not as far as I know. Not sure if they can now the law has changed and you don’t legally have to self isolate? You’d think most people with half a braincell would just stay at home…
This entire covid pandemic theme has now become peripheral and old news.,…despite record numbers being reported in many areas.

The company I work for now require you to do a
LFT once a week …. what’s the point ? Negative on a Monday , you could be positive on a Tuesday and walk about spreading for a week before you test again, especially if asymptomatic

Obviously covid is yesterdays news, bigger fish to fry so to speak, but in Scotland where masks are still mandatory in lots of areas , folk just don’t give a flying feck anymore. The police were on the trains recently enforcing the mask rules, but so many folk said I didn’t know or I don’t have a mask, complete shambles now. It’s simply left to the individual and unfortunately there are so many folk who don’t respect themselves or others that it’s just become unenforceable.
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:59 am

Yeah, as soon as the Government said "we'll trust people to use their common sense" we were f***ed!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:06 am

I feel myself getting lax too after having it once. Its also with testing being stopped, ppl not caring, mask mandates over and Boris' parties I've lost motivation to be strict. So yes I'm part of the problem to an extent
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:31 am

I'm not wearing a mask all the time by any stretch, but if I go in somewhere quite enclosed (e.g. on the train) then I do and obviously when in the office we've still got to wear a mask. But if I go into Tesco or something similar then I've definitely got out of the habit.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:23 pm

hope ur ok m8

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:41 am

I got covid early April 2020 so isolated etc for 2 weeks. Still feel run down but not 100% it's long term covid as essentially I let myself go to s*** by never doing anything and my fitness tracker thinks I'm dead.

Went into London office recently and wore a mask on the train, met up with colleagues for first time in 2 years and popped into a pub

Pretty sure another dose of covid from that pub is on the way as it was too packed and it annoys me that I let myself in for it. Triple jabbed but booster was in early December 2021 so likely weaning.

NeilT
Wood's Touch

Post by NeilT » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:10 pm

I've got it the now... Avoided it for over 2 year and it gets me when I start a new job. Luckily they set me up to work from home... I've been lucky as I've had worse colds.....