Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by skalpel » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:You know how Peter Kay cancelled a tour a couple of months back?

I'm just gonna put it out there and say "unforseen family circumstances" may mean "done a Keith Vaz".

:bandit:
That could be one of about twenty eight things.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Handed in my notice yesterday afternoon. In front of the whole company during a meeting I was royally shafted.

Turns out there was a company reshuffle in terms of company structure and a director position was up for grabs and I wasn't even aware of it.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:40 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Handed in my notice yesterday afternoon. In front of the whole company during a meeting I was royally shafted.

Turns out there was a company reshuffle in terms of company structure and a director position was up for grabs and I wasn't even aware of it.
Fair play OT.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:36 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Handed in my notice yesterday afternoon. In front of the whole company during a meeting I was royally shafted.

Good luck with your next move <ok>.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 pm

skalpel wrote:

Cheers chap.

I've got an interview this coming week for a position split between London and Paris so hoping all goes well.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
skalpel wrote:
Cheers chap.

I've got an interview this coming week for a position split between London and Paris so hoping all goes well.
Serendipity?
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Somebody's pinched my sombrero wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:
Cheers chap.

Serendipity?
Seemingly :)

Still miffed but starting to see the future in a new way.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

Really sad news. Her songs will forever remind me of my early childhood.
RIP <rose>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Two interviews for next week.

The split London/Paris one didn't go to plan as I'm pretty rusty in terms of practice so an ex colleague of mine is helping me out this weekend.

I got asked questions about how I deal with diversity and equality which threw me somewhat as I had to provide examples and I thought it was just a stupid question.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Had that same question in interviews before, such a **** question being asked for PC purposes. I do project support work and got asked something's along the lines of 'how do you account for equality and diversity in your work'.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Had that same question in interviews before, such a **** question being asked for PC purposes. I do project support work and got asked something's along the lines of 'how do you account for equality and diversity in your work'.
I did start to stutter trying to answer a question like that but then simply said that I've never had an issue with either equality or diversity in any profession I've worked in but I was prompted to think of one.

Am I supposed to state that I used to be a white bigoted and discrimonatory a**hole or something but I went on a course?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Had that same question in interviews before, such a **** question being asked for PC purposes. I do project support work and got asked something's along the lines of 'how do you account for equality and diversity in your work'.
I did start to stutter trying to answer a question like that but then simply said that I've never had an issue with either equality or diversity in any profession I've worked in but I was prompted to think of one.

Am I supposed to state that I used to be a white bigoted and discrimonatory a**hole or something but I went on a course?
I did an online equality and diversity course so am merely an a**hole now. There isn't an online course for that, yet.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:

I did an online equality and diversity course so am merely an a**hole now. There isn't an online course for that, yet.
My wife just gave me a great response for diversity for Ramadan I implemented about 8 years ago.

Just need to find a non Weinstein example now.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Glad I can dodge questions like that here. I'm pretty sure the closest you'd get to a diversity question in Texas is which form of bigotry do you most prefer.....

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Hjl wrote:Glad I can dodge questions like that here. I'm pretty sure the closest you'd get to a diversity question in Texas is which form of bigotry do you most prefer.....
<laugh>

I really want to go to the F1 in Texas one year. And to practice bigotry ;)

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Hjl wrote:Glad I can dodge questions like that here. I'm pretty sure the closest you'd get to a diversity question in Texas is which form of bigotry do you most prefer.....
Damn I miss living in Austin.

You an Aggie?

f*** no. Longhorn!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Damn I miss living in Austin.

You an Aggie?

**** no. Longhorn!
I am indeed an Aggie! Dwight look college of engineering

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

overseasTOON wrote:

I'm usually pretty quick witted with stupid questions like that, I just give them some **** spiel based on what I think they want to hear, like saying how a diverse team can bring in diverse opinion and skills, then blab on about how different life experiences be it cultural or physical can bring different problem solving skills to the table and give the existing team new ideas and ways to move forward. I'll do this whilst simultaneously deleting Halloween pictures of myself made up as Tina turner, from Facebook.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Had a real craving for milk this weekend for some reason, onto my 6th pint.

Not the kind of pint I usually drink at weekends <laugh>

Still managed to fit in a few beers and whiskeys tho.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Had a real craving for milk this weekend for some reason, onto my 6th pint.

Not the kind of pint I usually drink at weekends <laugh>

Still managed to fit in a few beers and whiskeys tho.
Your mums nips must be red raw