Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am

Hjl wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:You don't have to be stupid to be an American but it seems endemic:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43484681
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Brexit....
Yeah. But we get our blue passports back. BLUE!!!

Albeit they'll be printed by an Franco/Dutch firm.... but BLUE!!!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Hjl wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Brexit....

I believe the Franco/Dutch firm's factory is in the UK

And also most Brexiteers don't care where they are made.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:

Because the economic position of Brexit is pro a sort of new internationalism as opposed to globalism. Once this position is understood, about 90% of jokes made about the voters fall flat. The big question of Brexit imo isn't even about which option is best, but whether change was too massive a risk to take. I still have no idea.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:37 pm

I do have to chuckle when I hear the "I'm Michael Owen and I know what it's like to be injured..." advert on the radio.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:49 pm

skalpel wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:

Because the economic position of Brexit is pro a sort of new internationalism as opposed to globalism. Once this position is understood, about 90% of jokes made about the voters fall flat. The big question of Brexit imo isn't even about which option is best, but whether change was too massive a risk to take. I still have no idea.
My company is transferring a s*** load of work to Europe and downsizing by around 30% due to Brexit. The news hasnt yet been shared with the workforce unfortunately but there are going to be significant cuts across the UK. So in my view its f***ing s***

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
skalpel wrote:
My company is transferring a s*** load of work to Europe and downsizing by around 30% due to Brexit. The news hasnt yet been shared with the workforce unfortunately but there are going to be significant cuts across the UK. So in my view its f***ing s***
For definite? Is that not premature given that the actual details of the post-Brexit deal with the EU still haven't been sorted, and that big international agreements usually involve months/years of press back-and-forth speculation until everything gets arranged for certain at the last minute? Or is there something intrinsic to any kind of Brexit deal that would negatively affect your company?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 am

skalpel wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: My company is transferring a s*** load of work to Europe and downsizing by around 30% due to Brexit. The news hasnt yet been shared with the workforce unfortunately but there are going to be significant cuts across the UK. So in my view its f***ing s***
For definite? Is that not premature given that the actual details of the post-Brexit deal with the EU still haven't been sorted, and that big international agreements usually involve months/years of press back-and-forth speculation until everything gets arranged for certain at the last minute? Or is there something intrinsic to any kind of Brexit deal that would negatively affect your company?
They cant afford to wait - we need to relocate work to Europe to release products into the EU - we may get mutual agreement, we may not. If we dont all of our EU shipments would stop immediately. Plus with the s*** pound its actually cheaper now to do the work in the EU. We are lucky this 20month transition has been agreed as we were not on track for March 2019 to have everything sorted

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:31 pm

I've heard a couple of Universities are looking to set up small branch campuses on the continent as they could potentially still apply for EU research and development funding if they did it through a subsidiary or something based in the EU.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 am

Yeah but all of the immigrants have to leave and the NHS gets an extra £300bn a day so...winner! <diva>
Kindly deeds done for free!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:12 pm

So whats all this about protests and trees in Shefield?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Hjl wrote:So whats all this about protests and trees in Shefield?
Big old trees not been looked after by council causing some problems under the roads with their roots, council pass off problem to company, company choose to cut down all trees even those that aren’t a problem, middle class locals with nothing better to do go crazy and protest all over the city creating a tree watch system where they all congregate (day or night) if a van arrives, company get aggro with the protestors using excessive force at times.

Of all the evils in the world, and even this country, the protests over this annoy me for their triviality. The trees shouldn’t be cut down but the fuss over it from both sides is reaching insane levels.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
skalpel wrote:
They cant afford to wait - we need to relocate work to Europe to release products into the EU - we may get mutual agreement, we may not. If we dont all of our EU shipments would stop immediately. Plus with the s*** pound its actually cheaper now to do the work in the EU. We are lucky this 20month transition has been agreed as we were not on track for March 2019 to have everything sorted
<erk> good luck with the next few years.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Hjl wrote:So whats all this about protests and trees in Shefield?
Big old trees not been looked after by council causing some problems under the roads with their roots, council pass off problem to company, company choose to cut down all trees even those that aren’t a problem, middle class locals with nothing better to do go crazy and protest all over the city creating a tree watch system where they all congregate (day or night) if a van arrives, company get aggro with the protestors using excessive force at times.

Of all the evils in the world, and even this country, the protests over this annoy me for their triviality. The trees shouldn’t be cut down but the fuss over it from both sides is reaching insane levels.
I don't mind reading about it. It's 90s as hell. Back when nobody realised that all the incoming problems of the 21st century were well underway beneath the carpet <awe>. Plus I like old trees.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:59 pm

skalpel wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: They cant afford to wait - we need to relocate work to Europe to release products into the EU - we may get mutual agreement, we may not. If we dont all of our EU shipments would stop immediately. Plus with the s*** pound its actually cheaper now to do the work in the EU. We are lucky this 20month transition has been agreed as we were not on track for March 2019 to have everything sorted
Its s*** mate. Im in the pharma business, everyone is moving away from the UK including the European Medical Authority (EMA) who moved to Amsterdam last year (obviously the EU centre of drugs anyway 8) )

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
skalpel wrote:
Its s*** mate. Im in the pharma business, everyone is moving away from the UK including the European Medical Authority (EMA) who moved to Amsterdam last year (obviously the EU centre of drugs anyway 8) )
Are you planning to move abroad?
Kindly deeds done for free!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: Its s*** mate. Im in the pharma business, everyone is moving away from the UK including the European Medical Authority (EMA) who moved to Amsterdam last year (obviously the EU centre of drugs anyway 8) )
Are you planning to move abroad?
Nope. Im in manufacturing, it will remain UK based

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Signed the paperwork! Totally changing career, I'm going to be a broker in Dallas!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Hjl wrote:Signed the paperwork! Totally changing career, I'm going to be a broker in Dallas!
Yee-haaaa cowboy! Nice one <cheers>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Hjl wrote:Signed the paperwork! Totally changing career, I'm going to be a broker in Dallas!
Yee-haaaa cowboy! Nice one <cheers>
Thanks bud.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Congrats <gent>