Your First Car

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Re: Your First Car

Post by KingoStarr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Livin' Davide Loca wrote:
KingoStarr wrote:Just bought a new gear knob for the corsa, also buying some M3 black wing mirrors with indicators on
<neg> Stop ruining you Corsa!
Its not ruining it, adding things to the car is better, the wing mirrors are awesome and also it improves your mechanical knowledge
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Protein Cheik
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Protein Cheik » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Just got my first the other week. Peugeot 306 1998 with only 33540 miles on it. And I'm not tarting it up with anything.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Protein Cheik wrote:Just got my first the other week. Peugeot 306 1998 with only 33540 miles on it. And I'm not tarting it up with anything.

Mines not tarted <wah>

New Stereo
New Speakers
New Gear Knob
New Pedals

Thats class my friend <love>

Protein Cheik
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Protein Cheik » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 pm

KingoStarr wrote:
Protein Cheik wrote:Just got my first the other week. Peugeot 306 1998 with only 33540 miles on it. And I'm not tarting it up with anything.

Mines not tarted <wah>

New Stereo
New Speakers
New Gear Knob
New Pedals

Hahah, it isn't tarting it up. Would consider adding half that stuff into mine if the speakers and gearknob weren't already good. I need new pedals though haha.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Protein Cheik wrote:
KingoStarr wrote:
Mines not tarted <wah>

New Stereo
New Speakers
New Gear Knob
New Pedals

Hahah, it isn't tarting it up. Would consider adding half that stuff into mine if the speakers and gearknob weren't already good. I need new pedals though haha.
My pedals are tiny so my size 13 feet aren't great on them so getting some bigger ones for my feet

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 am

My parents work for the NHS, so I get free insurance through their company car scheme. That means my current and first car is an 11 plate (we've had it a year and a month exactly <diva>) Fiesta Zetec 1.4 diesel: Image

<sholes>

EDIT: PS. This is the Australian version, but it's the same colour and roughly the same spec, although the lower radiator grill is less flash on mine.
I had the first custom w***

Protein Cheik
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Protein Cheik » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 am

The User Formerly Known As Speedo wrote:My parents work for the NHS, so I get free insurance through their company car scheme. That means my current and first car is an 11 plate (we've had it a year and a month exactly <diva>) Fiesta Zetec 1.4 diesel: Image

<sholes>

EDIT: PS. This is the Australian version, but it's the same colour and roughly the same spec, although the lower radiator grill is less flash on mine.
My mate has a Fiesta diesel - quite nice cars. And he's got an Aussie one as well. Pretty economical.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:36 am

The User Formerly Known As Speedo wrote:My parents work for the NHS, so I get free insurance through their company car scheme. That means my current and first car is an 11 plate (we've had it a year and a month exactly <diva>) Fiesta Zetec 1.4 diesel: Image

<sholes>

Same it's an awesome scheme <diva>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 am

The Dream Boat wrote:Same it's an awesome scheme <diva>
The best thing is, our quote came through two weeks before my Mum got the email saying 'all leases after 1/7/2011 require named drivers to be 21 or older'. I am 18. What age will I be when it expires? 21. Oh man that made me so happy.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 am

Well since this has moved on to current cars here's mine.
Getting rid after Xmas for a 59 reg Audi A5. Can not wait!!!!!

[img]http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=golf+m ... V70j9vL0-M:
[/img]
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Swarlos
Annoying Shitmuncher
Annoying Shitmuncher

Post by Swarlos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 am

<sholes>

Can I get free car insurance if one of my parents is a GP in the NHS?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am

Swarley wrote:

<sholes>

Maybe. There is a company car lease scheme, where you get a new car for 3 years and pay for it through salary sacrifice, i.e. before tax. For my Mum, this equates to £250 a month for 3 years for a brand new Fiesta with insurance, breakdown cover and tax covering her, my dad and me. But, as I said above, you've got to be 21 to be on the insurance now.

Swarlos
Annoying Shitmuncher
Annoying Shitmuncher

Post by Swarlos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

The User Formerly Known As Speedo wrote:
Swarley wrote:
Maybe. There is a company car lease scheme, where you get a new car for 3 years and pay for it through salary sacrifice, i.e. before tax. For my Mum, this equates to £250 a month for 3 years for a brand new Fiesta with insurance, breakdown cover and tax covering her, my dad and me. But, as I said above, you've got to be 21 to be on the insurance now.
That sucks. Thought I could get a car with free NHS insurance, but realising I am 3 and 1/3 years til I am 21. I might look into it then, because I will struggle to pay insurance even then,

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 am

Swarley wrote:
The User Formerly Known As Speedo wrote:
That sucks. Thought I could get a car with free NHS insurance, but realising I am 3 and 1/3 years til I am 21. I might look into it then, because I will struggle to pay insurance even then,
Ah unlucky. If you're really worried about the cost of insurance, get a job working for a car company, they always have sick company car schemes (except Jaguar Land Rover).

Daveunited
Contemplative

Post by Daveunited » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:30 pm

KingoStarr wrote:Just bought a new gear knob for the corsa, also buying some M3 black wing mirrors with indicators on

Does yours have 4 out of the 6 gears on 1 side, mine does anyway
<scratch>
"I had the option of 20 or 21 and the reason I took this shirt is because we’re all here to be champions this year and that would mean a 20th league title for Manchester United. That’s the main reason I took 20."

RVP 17/08/12

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:09 pm

My parents had an HDI 306 that I got to use when I was about 18 - it was pretty punchy. My stepdad was pissed off when I put 1000 miles on the clock in two weeks when they went away on holiday though!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Why aye Cabaye wrote:

My parents had an HDI 306 that I got to use when I was about 18 - it was pretty punchy. My stepdad was pissed off when I put 1000 miles on the clock in two weeks when they went away on holiday though!
When I got my first car finally on the road after 6 months of restoring it from the ground up I spent all my time in and was volunteering to do anything.

Go to the shop? I'll drive even though it was 100 feet down the road.
Mates want to go to the pub? I'll drive you there.
Wonder what the weather is like at the beach? I drove there to find out and drove back to tell them it wasn't great.

I drove from Norwich to Cambridge to go for a pint.

I soon racked up a few thousand miles in the first 6 weeks which was problematic as the car was covered by classic insurance and I was restricted to driving 6000 miles per annum.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Why aye Cabaye wrote:
When I got my first car finally on the road after 6 months of restoring it from the ground up I spent all my time in and was volunteering to do anything.

Wonder what the weather is like at the beach? I drove there to find out and drove back to tell them it wasn't great.

I soon racked up a few thousand miles in the first 6 weeks which was problematic as the car was covered by classic insurance and I was restricted to driving 6000 miles per annum.
<applause>

Great work!

Yeah, I'd drive to college which was a 5 minute walk from my front door, drive to the shop which was even closer, never drove to the beach to check the weather tho <laugh>

Trouble for me was the my girlfriend lived 15 miles away so every journey was a 30 mile round trip which added up doing that every day.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Pardew's Legendary Specs
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Pardew's Legendary Specs » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 am

I want a new car <erm>
<cheers> ............ ......... <cheers>

GRB
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure

Post by GRB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Why aye Cabaye wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:

<applause>

Great work!

Yeah, I'd drive to college which was a 5 minute walk from my front door, drive to the shop which was even closer, never drove to the beach to check the weather tho <laugh>

Trouble for me was the my girlfriend lived 15 miles away so every journey was a 30 mile round trip which added up doing that every day.
Im doing that and using the sat nav and bluetooth all the time. IPOD connection BEST EVER
ImageImage

Man utd play on Munich anniversary, tubes run on 7/7, planes still fly on 9/11, mackems play on 31/10.. Time to move on!!”