bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Hjl wrote:
That was cleverly designed by you.
I imagine his house still has a few hatchet marks in the wall from where he hacked the downstairs toilet out. <laugh>
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Perch's First Touch wrote:I take it she didn't put out then?
No <fist>

Lol to be fair it turned out really well and spent 4 hours together, ended up at a nice little independent coffee shop with a nice log fire, few latte and a greek platter to share, went to an art gallery and a couple of museums, we are planning on a second date too <awe> ;)

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:08 pm

Another shooting spree in a US school and once again this won't be enough to change gun ownership laws because of the NRA and the fucknuckles who still claim the constitutional right to be heavily armed incase the redcoats come back.

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Whilst that spunktrumpet is in charge the pro gun lobby will continue to have friends on high places.

I cannot see an end to things personally.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:58 am

overseasTOON wrote:Another shooting spree in a US school and once again this won't be enough to change gun ownership laws because of the NRA and the fucknuckles who still claim the constitutional right to be heavily armed incase the redcoats come back.
Ilove how their main defence when something like this happens is to say 'well even if we banned guns there would still be gun crime', as if a law is only worth implementing if its 100% effective

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:09 pm

People naming their kid 'Teddy'.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:People naming their kid 'Teddy'.
Yeah that's a bit s****.

I became a great uncle during the week and the lad has been named Loic.

I was really disappointed to find out my nephew had never heard of Loic Remy and it wasn't a factor in the choice. <disgrace>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 am

overseasTOON wrote:Another shooting spree in a US school and once again this won't be enough to change gun ownership laws because of the NRA and the fucknuckles who still claim the constitutional right to be heavily armed incase the redcoats come back.
I actually went to a gun range on Friday and shot an assault riffle and a magnum, it was great fun! Not sure its worth the obscene death count that comes with it, but fun non the less.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:11 am

Hjl wrote:
I actually went to a gun range on Friday and shot an assault riffle and a magnum, it was great fun! Not sure its worth the obscene death count that comes with it, but fun non the less.
Having gun ranges where the guns remain securely on the premises is fine and I'd happily go. No need for guns at home tho.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:57 am

Waking up with a bad back <fist> <cry>

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Hjl wrote:
Having gun ranges where the guns remain securely on the premises is fine and I'd happily go. No need for guns at home tho.
I'll agree about assault rifles etc, but shotguns and hunting rifles are legit.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 pm

The Vote100 stuff. Whilst it's right that we celebrate women getting the vote everyone is completely forgetting about the 5 million and odd working class men who were also granted the vote. Men who were fighting in a war they had no say over, dying in Europe and The Middle East and many of them wouldn't return until 1919 and when they did they would be completely broken. It's wrong that we've forgotten that many young men with no property had no democratic rights either yet paid the highest price in WW1.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:57 pm

PTAO wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Why do you need them at home? Unless you're a farmer or own an outdoor activity centre. I'm all for people owning them if they use them for leisure pursuits so long as they're kept at an appropriate gun club, rifle range etc. Not many people need a gun in their house.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Magdia wrote:The Vote100 stuff. Whilst it's right that we celebrate women getting the vote everyone is completely forgetting about the 5 million and odd working class men who were also granted the vote. Men who were fighting in a war they had no say over, dying in Europe and The Middle East and many of them wouldn't return until 1919 and when they did they would be completely broken. It's wrong that we've forgotten that many young men with no property had no democratic rights either yet paid the highest price in WW1.
If you're a working class man, a young man, or a white man then you get f*** all, you're not allowed to complain about anything, comment on issues, and it's entirely accepted that you're put to one side will everyone else's needs are pandered to <urgh>

Straight to the back of any queue.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
PTAO wrote:
Why do you need them at home? Unless you're a farmer or own an outdoor activity centre. I'm all for people owning them if they use them for leisure pursuits so long as they're kept at an appropriate gun club, rifle range etc. Not many people need a gun in their house.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking ... frage.html

Found this which talks about it. Totally true, why isn't things like this taught in schools when they talk about female suffrage? I bet 99% of people had no idea.

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 pm

The lack of understanding shown by my missus when I offered to perform the iconic scene from The Silence of the Lambs where Buffalo Bill puts make-up and stockings on, tucks his knob between his legs and pouts for the camera( finding a dead woman's scalp could be a challenge but I'm sure a wig would suffice ).
I thought it may cement a lasting friendship with the new people next door who she's invited round for a drink. I just hope they don't mind if I put it on the box tonight to remind my missus what they'd all be missing.
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Found this which talks about it. Totally true, why isn't things like this taught in schools when they talk about female suffrage? I bet 99% of people had no idea.
It's because we're taught that men have always dominated, like we are one homogeneous group that shares power amongst ourselves when in actual fact the only thing I have in common with David Cameron, Corbyn, Murdoch, Branson etc etc is that we share the same chromosomes. I have no power or real wealth although in the grand scheme of things I do understand I'm well off.

If I was born 100 years earlier I'd have had no education, worked in a mine until WW1 broke out at which point I'd have been sent to die in a war which although I believe was just and has been widely misrepresented by the media I had no choice in declaring nor would I have voted for the government who declared it because I would have had no voting rights because I own no property.

Would have been s*** out of luck really.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Start a movement to recognise what those men went through and be prepared to be shot down and called a misogynistic prick <ok>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 pm

I'd rather just twist and moan about it to the mrs and she can tell me to shut up <laugh>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 pm

Magdia wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

It's because we're taught that men have always dominated, like we are one homogeneous group that shares power amongst ourselves when in actual fact the only thing I have in common with David Cameron, Corbyn, Murdoch, Branson etc etc is that we share the same chromosomes. I have no power or real wealth although in the grand scheme of things I do understand I'm well off.

If I was born 100 years earlier I'd have had no education, worked in a mine until WW1 broke out at which point I'd have been sent to die in a war which although I believe was just and has been widely misrepresented by the media I had no choice in declaring nor would I have voted for the government who declared it because I would have had no voting rights because I own no property.

Would have been s*** out of luck really.
This is a good point in any discussion about female equality as well. I'm generally an advocate for sexual equality but have become frustrated that many feminists only see the issue from one side and don't recognise that women also benefit from the current position in some instances.

I was at a dinner party once where there was a particularly fanatical feminist who went completely overboard railing against everything male but refusing to accept that there were areas where women would have to give up some priviliges in order for true equality to be achieved. So I asked her if she would campaign for women between the ages of 18 and thirty to be added to the list of citizens who could be conscipted into the army should it be required for some future war, or should it continue to be only young men who could be forced to go and fight and die in a war not of their choosing.