Hobbies thread

ScottW1886
Pope's Goalposts

Re: Hobbies thread

Post by ScottW1886 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Photography, golf and cycling I'd list as my hobbies... I've sold 4 photos now, but only for online use so I'm getting like £3 for them. Getty have around 30 of my photos for sale but no takers so far!

Cycling I took up again recently to try and shift some weight and I'm really enjoying it. Maybe not the best time of year as the roads are filthy but it's good to get out and about.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:31 pm

I go to the gym every work day and love my whisky and beer, guess they're my hobbies!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:04 am

Fonda Trevanion wrote:Cheers fella ... I played 6 string and 12 string semi-acoustic in the band. We did a lot of singing in between dances mainly Irish stuff ... the caller was an uncle as was the accordion player and my cuz was on guitars and mandolins. A local vicar played the whistles... I was in charge of PA too which was the drag as we had a 2k rig and full EV speaker system to lug about. Lights in those days were a lot heavier than they are now. About to have a listen to your music any moment now after I've had a squint at those cameras and priced them up.

Woodcut links will be brilliant :)

Edit... followed the Jazz but couldn't find the music... help please :)
I used to help lug my old man's gear around as a teenager and ride in the back of the van making sure none of the amps fell over! You're not kidding about the lighting rigs and PA systems, they were spine snappers.

Here's some of the jazz stuff: Link Link Link

And, why not, I just carved and inked this today, sorta Die Brucke style expressionism.

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:58 pm

That my friend is superb ... what a talent!!! :)
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:00 pm

This is my Christmas chuck at Mrs Claus ... not really just another in my Lady In Red series..

A before and after shot ... did I place her correctly?? hmmmm

[url=https://postimg.org/image/qg4n50gix/]Image

[url=https://postimg.org/image/ee9j7ss6l/]Image
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Latest pic a bit more colourful than the previous .... lady in red has scored apparently :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:Latest pic a bit more colourful than the previous .... lady in red has scored apparently :)

I'll buy it!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:Latest pic a bit more colourful than the previous .... lady in red has scored apparently :)

That's genuinely brilliant.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah, the bloke that painted it must be proud.

https://afremov.com

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 am

He was indeed the inspiration on this occasion as so are many others such as Maxim Grunin and David Dunlop. It is original to me of course even if the style is Afremov... one must begin somewhere and learning from the greats is such a pleasure when you can do them justice back in your own garden shed :)

Thanks for the comments.... prefer acrylics now to oils as pic is dry already yet the colour still as intense... also cheaper!!!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:He was indeed the inspiration on this occasion as so are many others such as Maxim Grunin and David Dunlop. It is original to me of course even if the style is Afremov... one must begin somewhere and learning from the greats is such a pleasure when you can do them justice back in your own garden shed :)

Thanks for the comments.... prefer acrylics now to oils as pic is dry already yet the colour still as intense... also cheaper!!!
I'm still happy to buy it ;)

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Thanks Benny will see what the framer says ... they actually are a bigger expense than boards and paints ie outlay is usually 40 odd quid plus before you even start to think of a fair price if someone likes it... wish I could do my own frames would be much cheaper.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am

Fonda Trevanion wrote:Thanks Benny will see what the framer says ... they actually are a bigger expense than boards and paints ie outlay is usually 40 odd quid plus before you even start to think of a fair price if someone likes it... wish I could do my own frames would be much cheaper.
Have you ever painted on canvas?. No need for framing then.haha . I've got a great one of the river Tyne that a friend done for me . No idea how to upload pics on here though.
Last edited by Toondes on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:10 pm

<doh>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Beatski wrote:<doh>
Was that for me ?? <scratch>
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Three more since last postings:
Cheviot Hailstorm
Worms-eye View
View from Latrigg above Keswick

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:22 pm

another one using a limited palette:

North East Woodland