Try, try, and try again ...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Try, try, and try again ...

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
My point exactly! Sometimes I leave work and then pull up on my drive with little recollection of the journey between. I also nearly caused a crash a few years ago because I momentarily forgot that you give way to the right on a roundabout <laugh>.
Brainfart <ok>

My new car is automatic so don't really need to think about the mechanics of driving.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am

I passed mine in the army ( with a civilian contractor BSM). I started on the Monday done 20 hours driving and passed on the Friday. No accidents in 17 years. I even had my HGV licence c+e , c1e buy the time I was 21.
The only accident I ever had was driving a tank in Germany and I destroyed a traffic light junction completely.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am

Toondes wrote:The only accident I ever had was driving a tank in Germany and I destroyed a traffic light junction completely.
<laugh>

Nice work! Accidentally on purpose? <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
My point exactly! Sometimes I leave work and then pull up on my drive with little recollection of the journey between. I also nearly caused a crash a few years ago because I momentarily forgot that you give way to the right on a roundabout <laugh>.
Brainfart <ok>

My new car is automatic so don't really need to think about the mechanics of driving.
When I've driven out in the US, I find it terrifying how little I think when using an automatic. Manual keeps me concentrating.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:12 pm

PTAO wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Brainfart <ok>

When I've driven out in the US, I find it terrifying how little I think when using an automatic. Manual keeps me concentrating.
Yeah I've always had manual cars for 15 years prior to this one, I wouldn't say I think less driving an automatic, just differently. You don't think about the driving but you can actually be more aware of what's going on around you.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

My concentration is pretty much non-existent in manuals and automatics. Driving doesn't really require much thought though. It's noticeable how much worse drivers are in countries which predominately use automatics, everyone should take their test in a manual.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:23 pm

asbo wrote:My concentration is pretty much non-existent in manuals and automatics. Driving doesn't really require much thought though. It's noticeable how much worse drivers are in countries which predominately use automatics, everyone should take their test in a manual.
That's a good shout.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Toondes wrote:The only accident I ever had was driving a tank in Germany and I destroyed a traffic light junction completely.
<laugh>

Nice work! Accidentally on purpose? <roll>
No it was an accident haha.
Took down the lights , railings and smashed about 15 meters of Kurb and paving. It was a good effort . We didn't even stop at the time but the police turned up to my barracks about 2 weeks later .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:07 pm

turning into a great thread, haha!!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum