Catalan Uprising

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Catalan Uprising

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:15 pm

The world would be far better off if there was an event that wiped out a significant percentage of the human population!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:The world would be far better off if there was an event that wiped out a significant percentage of the human population!

Except if that were the case then odds are you'd be amount the dead....

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:10 am

Hjl wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:The world would be far better off if there was an event that wiped out a significant percentage of the human population!

Except if that were the case then odds are you'd be amount the dead....
Well, can't be too choosey!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm

CATALONIA ELECTION - 21 December 2017

There is a big problem for PP and Mariano Rajoy now. Beaten out of sight PP were in a night few could have anticipated. Ciudadanos with their rather whinging leader Ines Arrimadas took probably the great part of the PP vote. Both these parties were calling for ‘real’ elections to end the ‘locura’ (“madness” as they put it). So now we have had the supposed real election. Did she (Arrimadas) win? Not really, she managed just 25.4% of the vote. The two last time together united independence parties scored 43.1% of the votes - not double that, but not far off either - but the fact that each of the two big independence parties went separate this time would appear - as least as long as Madrid wants you to believe - that C’s were the great winners. And so they will still claim there is not a majority for independence. The truths are starting to come out now, not even what I feel is the verging of censorship from Spanish mainstream parties can hold the lid down for much longer.

Let’s take a closer look not just at the seats gained, which is obviously without a doubt an Independence majority (and indeed an improvement on last time), but in the actual number of VOTES themselves. Don’t be fooled by fake statements. Let’s look … Comú (Catalonia in Common) are crucial here - the furthest left supposedly national ‘Spanish’ party there is. Although they look after local regional interests they are fairly close cousins with Podemos (ah, the CUP are left-wing too, but are totally nationalist). Remember that Comú support a referendum on independence, even if many of their supporters are divided on whether independence is really a good thing, but in the name of democracy are certainly supportive - also remember that in the declaration of independence this autumn some of their parliamentary members did indeed vote for outright independence on that fateful day. However, seeing as they are not irrevocably nationalist the centralist government in Madrid pleases itself and tries to fool others and casts all those supporter voters as all unionist Spanish constitutionalists - far from the truth, Comú/Podemos are those who wish most to reform the constitution from top to bottom! As Comú/Podemos and their members are therefore divided on the issue, let’s leave them out of the equation. So, what do we in fact have? These based on 99% vote analyzed -

Independence % voters: 53.5%
Spanish Unionist % voters: 43.5%

Now, what were they (PP and C’s) saying about governing for ALL Catalans? OK, let’s see it please!! By not acting for the majority they are supporting a minority like it were a dictatorship. I rest my case…
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:07 pm

That's difficult isn't it. What do you do with the nearly 43% who don't want independence? Will they cut the region in half, let the half that want independence live there and the other half live in Spain still? This is a pretty significant example of majority tyranny.

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:16 pm

I believe that there should be more governance in regions I think that is the best way forward personally so I support Catalonian independence the same that I support my own country's bid for independence

It's got to be implemented correctly and we shall all see what will happen in Catalonia but until then I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New year