USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu May 28, 2020 10:45 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:56 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:51 am
This track and trace thing doesn't sit comfortably with me at all, especially with this government running it.
There will be similar arguments as to what there have been in the past about having ID cards or DNA on file.

For me personally, I couldn't care less if the police for example had my DNA on file. If it lead to one murderer, rapist etc. getting convicted by having everyone's DNA stored then it's worth it in my opinion, though I appreciate not everyone feels the same. Likewise if we were getting 'tracked', I won't be doing anything I shouldn't be doing so doesn't bother me. And in all honesty their are probably countless private companies who have access to constant streams of data about each and every one of us through our phones, so it'll already be happening whether we know about it or not.
I have some experience with mobile geolocation data and honestly, its not as accurate as some people would think. Your mobile phone handset ID resets so often, so not easy to maintain a profile of one individual over time.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:45 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:56 am

There will be similar arguments as to what there have been in the past about having ID cards or DNA on file.

For me personally, I couldn't care less if the police for example had my DNA on file. If it lead to one murderer, rapist etc. getting convicted by having everyone's DNA stored then it's worth it in my opinion, though I appreciate not everyone feels the same. Likewise if we were getting 'tracked', I won't be doing anything I shouldn't be doing so doesn't bother me. And in all honesty their are probably countless private companies who have access to constant streams of data about each and every one of us through our phones, so it'll already be happening whether we know about it or not.
I have some experience with mobile geolocation data and honestly, its not as accurate as some people would think. Your mobile phone handset ID resets so often, so not easy to maintain a profile of one individual over time.
Another issue is that the phone uses a different location setting of lat/long while other UK map suppliers use a system referred to as easting/northings.

You can map them across but its costly in terms of time and a pain in the ass.

One way around it would be to use what is called a UDPRN provided by Royal Mail who provide these references in both formats.

Not cheap though.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu May 28, 2020 11:15 am

It's one of the few times I'd happily had over my date, my privacy isn't as important as the health of the nation.

But I do not trust this government, people involved at its highest level were involved in manipulating it and targeting people (probably illegally) during the referendum. Just do not trust them to keep it safe and not abuse it.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:15 am
It's one of the few times I'd happily had over my date, my privacy isn't as important as the health of the nation.

But I do not trust this government, people involved at its highest level were involved in manipulating it and targeting people (probably illegally) during the referendum. Just do not trust them to keep it safe and not abuse it.
You can easily see what the data will be used for via an FOI request but I fully expect journalists to do this very soon anyway for a story.

Also, you can request a Subject Access Request. Check out the ICO for information.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat May 30, 2020 11:01 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52858392

Nation of soft, selfish individuals led by imbeciles.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

I don’t know what it’s like in other parts of the country, but around me you’d think lockdown was completely offer. People just doing whatever the hell they want.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm
I don’t know what it’s like in other parts of the country, but around me you’d think lockdown was completely offer. People just doing whatever the hell they want.
It's the same here. Loads of people having barbecues and parties, kids roaming the streets etc. It just feels like it has gone back to normal.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:17 am

I've got 2 weeks off from today. Won't be leaving the house apart from essentials and maybe the odd walk early in morning or late on an evening. I'm very lucky to have a nice little backyard that catches the sun from 12-5/6 but even if I didn't, like I've said before I have absolutely no interest in going outside, wandering the streets or having a socially distanced picnic. They are opening one of the parks in York today so that will be f***ing carnage..I've got sympathy for people with no outside space and who have grandkids they may not have seen though.

The hypocrites are annoying me most, people I know for a fact have bent and broke rules twisting on like they've had a hard time and about the need to protect people when actually they've done jack s***.
Last edited by Blue & Maroon on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:41 am

We went out for a good chunk of the day yesterday and it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. We started early and took the dog and the bairn to the beach for a walk but stuck to bits we knew we could easily get away if other people came near. After that, we jumped in the car and went into the countryside to try and find a quiet spot but most places were packed. Ended up sitting on the grass outside the church where we got married in a tiny little village in Northumberland. We've been in lockdown since mid March and have stuck to the rules rigidly. We've seen my parents a few times but only when necessary (dropping off shopping etc.) and have always maintained a good distance. My mam and dad haven't hugged their grandson for nearly three months and he's only seven months old :(

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 am

God I wish I lived near Northumberland. We live right in York city centre near enough so I dont really fancy trekking out to get somewhere only to find it rammed. Lass I used to work with has been dropping off food for her grandkids and daughter. Says its been heartbreaking seeing them through the window, one of them has bad asthma so there's no other option really. Think they were going to try distancing in a park, kids are old enough to understand they camt hug her but still should be nice for them.

Next week might try and have a walk by the river of the weather gets a bit cooler.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:15 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 am
God I wish I lived near Northumberland. We live right in York city centre near enough so I dont really fancy trekking out to get somewhere only to find it rammed. Lass I used to work with has been dropping off food for her grandkids and daughter. Says its been heartbreaking seeing them through the window, one of them has bad asthma so there's no other option really. Think they were going to try distancing in a park, kids are old enough to understand they camt hug her but still should be nice for them.

Next week might try and have a walk by the river of the weather gets a bit cooler.
Yeah that's the problem. Places that are normally rammed appear to be even busier because people are taking advantage of the nice weather and the fact that they're allowed out again. Ordinarily, you might just fancy a day in the garden but if you've been doing that for two months and have young kids for example, it can be hard. Thankfully our son is young enough that he doesn't have a f***ing clue what is happening.

I love living in Northumberland. It's a huge county and very sparsely populated so there are loads of great places you can go and be completely on your own. There were lots of cyclists on the roads yesterday though so that made navigating the country roads a bit more difficult, but I'm glad people can get back out doing what they enjoy providing they do it safely <ok>.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:31 am

I'm glad I dont have kids yet <laugh> brother and sister in law both still working, two kids 4 and 2, f***ing nightmare. They are so happy they live rurally or I think they'd have released the bairns into the wild

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:54 pm

Cumbria Police have put a message out saying the Lakes were an absolute mess over the weekend. Lack of access for emergency vehicles, fires, illegal camping, illegal parking, litter left everywhere etc. British people are f***ing d***s.

ToonCraig
Tindall's Hoody

Post by ToonCraig » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:17 pm

The virus will come back(not that it has gone now anyway) and be even worse. Reason why ?. Because by the sounds of it people are just going out in bigger numbers and for longer. Then the numbers will be revealed on the news bulletins. People will want to blame somebody for it. It will be themselves.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Spain reported 0 deaths I'm the last 24hours. Strong response after a catastrophic breakout. Government are responsible. Weak people need leadership.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Could be worse, we could be the USA.

Trump putting military on the streets of Washington and mobilising national guard in other cities, if the can’t “dominate the streets” then trump is sending in the military there too.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Back at work. 3 hours into the mask wearing and I hate it.

ToonCraig
Tindall's Hoody

Post by ToonCraig » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:20 pm

People end up rearranging their masks over and over again. Even more so now that it is really hot.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:27 pm

ToonCraig wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:20 pm
People end up rearranging their masks over and over again. Even more so now that it is really hot.
The AC keeps it bloody freezing at least <laugh>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 pm
Could be worse, we could be the USA.

Trump putting military on the streets of Washington and mobilising national guard in other cities, if the can’t “dominate the streets” then trump is sending in the military there too.
I don't think he is actually going to do it. He's just trying to sound tough. He'd lose the moderate vote completely of he deployed troops.

I swear though, I'f they put a curfew into effect I'm going shopping at Walmart at 3am for plastic spoons. No one is going to tell me when I can can't leave my house but my wife!