Match Thread: Newcastle v Leicester

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Match Thread: Newcastle v Leicester

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:34 pm
What's your metric for worst team though? Results? Players? Or performances? It's only the latter where you can even start to argue the point.

On paper we're vastly better than both of those teams, and we're let down by woeful tactics. We create less, but we have a finisher in Wilson. We concede shots, but have Karl Darlow. Simply by virtue of having better players we're a better side than both of them.
Seconded. We may have had some good luck, but its through more than bad luck that clubs finds themselves in the positions they're in.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:28 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 pm
Colly wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:34 pm
What's your metric for worst team though? Results? Players? Or performances? It's only the latter where you can even start to argue the point.

On paper we're vastly better than both of those teams, and we're let down by woeful tactics. We create less, but we have a finisher in Wilson. We concede shots, but have Karl Darlow. Simply by virtue of having better players we're a better side than both of them.
Seconded. We may have had some good luck, but its through more than bad luck that clubs finds themselves in the positions they're in.
That's the worry. The good luck seems to have ran out and it's hard to see where our next win comes from.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:31 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:28 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 pm

That's the worry. The good luck seems to have ran out and it's hard to see where our next win comes from.
Hopefully Sheffield! <roll>

But no, I get the concern, though I do think if we could play with the effort and confidence we did against Liverpool, some wins will come. I don't have high hopes for the remainder of the season, I just think we'll do enough to not get drawn into real relegation worry.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

One of the most annoying things being a fan of this club is how a lot of the fanbase over react to everything. How many players have we had that have been "the worst footballer that has ever existed"? How many times have we been the worst team in the league. No wonder none of our legitimate complaints are ever taken serious when we act like this all the time.

gola

Post by gola » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:04 pm

excuse me, i left a message on here and its not been put up. please in future can you stop with the foul language, honestly it's absolutely disgusting and i also think its poor of you guys to not show my message, not very inclusive at all

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm

gola wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:04 pm
excuse me, i left a message on here and its not been put up. please in future can you stop with the foul language, honestly it's absolutely disgusting and i also think its poor of you guys to not show my message, not very inclusive at all
Did you get a message disapproving the post. I'm sure I approved one of yours.
Signing up properly (not as guest) means we don't have to approve all your posts

I don't think trying to stop foul language here will work very well
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:01 pm

I disapproved it because it was needlessly antagonistic. There's no need to police the language on here.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Cant you filter language on your profile settings anyways? Lol

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Yep, I've got the filter on. d********.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:24 pm

Can’t say I’ve ever thought that bad language was an issue on here. Talk of Micky shitting himself is about as dirty as it gets.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:28 pm

It's not a very good filter, I can still see shitting. :/

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:49 pm

I'm sometimes guilty of uttering obscenities, take me take me, without evening realising it. Nob.

(Apologies to Rowan Atkinson for the terrible misquoting)

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:46 am

Cal wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:01 pm
I disapproved it because it was needlessly antagonistic. There's no need to police the language on here.
<laugh> haha ok. Either way they can sign up if they want a swear filter

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:47 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:21 pm
Yep, I've got the filter on. d********.
oh yeah so do I from looking at work. Now with working from home I can turn it off

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm
One of the most annoying things being a fan of this club is how a lot of the fanbase over react to everything. How many players have we had that have been "the worst footballer that has ever existed"? How many times have we been the worst team in the league. No wonder none of our legitimate complaints are ever taken serious when we act like this all the time.
I get that, but the stats shown before the Liverpool game shown us being 20th in a lot of areas. Earlier in the season it was shown that we concede more shots than anyone else although that has since changed I believe.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 pm

ALF wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:24 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm
I get that, but the stats shown before the Liverpool game shown us being 20th in a lot of areas. Earlier in the season it was shown that we concede more shots than anyone else although that has since changed I believe.
Those stats are worrying and it isn't sustainable in the long run, but at the end of the day we have to at least accept those are not the stats that count. Reality is we are half way to safety with half the season remaining. We have a goal scorer and players capable of pulling off a bit of magic.we are nowhere near as bad as 4 of the other teams at the very least.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Cocksandwiches

gola

Post by gola » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:02 pm

Cal wrote:
ermm i'd like others to see it so they can judge whether it was needless antagonistic i was making a valid point about youngsters coming on here and seeing the stuff some people said. that post in particular. this place isnt welcoming to new ppl if ur just gonna disapprove comments because you dont agree with them

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 am

gola wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:02 pm
Cal wrote:
ermm i'd like others to see it so they can judge whether it was needless antagonistic i was making a valid point about youngsters coming on here and seeing the stuff some people said. that post in particular. this place isnt welcoming to new ppl if ur just gonna disapprove comments because you dont agree with them
Look if Cal says it was needlessly antagonistic we believe him (as fellow mods). If yoy want to come and debate the content on here, sign up. But we cant be bothered having a sporadic debate with a guest id, ok?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:42 am

Especially one who was whinging about snowflakes in another thread.