Remaining Matches and Points Total

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Remaining Matches and Points Total

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Well, it's that time of year again where us Toon fans look at the remaining fixtures and where we'll pick up points

So we're currently on 25 points so I'll add points received on that

Wolves (H)- Wolves have been fairly mixed so far this, I think they've missed Raul Jimenez a lot since he's been out, I think if play with the same level of intensity which we did against the likes of Everton then we'll pick up 3 points here- 28 points

West Brom (A)- Another game we should be looking at as 3 points imo - 31

Villa (H) - Villa without Jack Grealish aren't as much as a threat (again imo) I'd be happy with a point here but wouldn't be surprised to pick up another win 32

Brighton (A)- Brighton just seem to playing woeful of late, hopefully some revenge for the st. James park game at the start of the season 3 points for me 35 As i've said before this should see us safe come the International, perhaps not mathematically but I can't see Fulham for all their good form reaching 35 points.

Spurs (H)- We actually have a decent record against Spurs, I'd wonder given that it will be just after the International break whether Spurs will have a new manager, a lot of talk of Nagelsmann I'd be happy with a point but I'm going to be realistic and say defeat here

Burnley (A)- Burnley are definitely looking over their shoulders, and by the time we play them I think we could heap more misery on them, a draw or a win here. 38 points

West Ham (H)- Moyes has done a great job this season and I can see a bit of revenge for the 2-0 win at the start of the season.

Liverpool (A)- Another loss

Arsenal (H) Another loss

Leicester (A) I think we'll pick up a point here 39

Man City (H) I think we'll win this quite comfortably...only joking loss

Sheff Utd (H)- Sheffield should be relegated by this stage so can't see them having much fight, 3 points 42

Fulham (A)- This won't be the doom game many have predicted imo it will be closer to 2018/19 final day fixture 3 points 45
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: Remaining Matches and Points Total

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm

I think you're more optimistic than I am <laugh> I do agree that those first few fixtures are good opportunities to put points on the board. I think we need to be safe or as good as safe by the time we play Liverpool, as those remaining games don't give me much hope. If we lose Liverpool, Leicester and City - which isn't that unlikely - put's us in a really bad place with those last two games in mind. As for Sheffield having nothing to play for, probably the case, but that doesn't always mean the team will roll over and take it. Look at us against Spurs already relegated, what was it 5-2 down to ten men? Some special circumstances, but I wouldn't write it as a gimme.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:07 pm

To get 20 points from our remaining from 13 games will be a miracle. We've only got 25 points from 25 games so far, if we keep to the point per match average and end up on 38 then we'll be safe. We've also only hit 45 points in 1 of our previous 5 PL seasons (Rafa in 18/19) so I really can't see Bruce doing it. Also can't see us winning 3 and drawing 1 of our next 4 when our longest unbeaten record of the season so far is 2 games (1 win & 1 draw twice) so I'll have some of whatever you're drinking <laugh>

I quite like taking games in pairs:

Wolves & WBA: we will without doubt f*** up in one or both of these. 3-4 points at best.

Villa & Brighton: almost certain to lose one, Villa can score goals (we can't) and Brighton are relatively solid so a low scoring game (1-2 points)

Spurs & Burnley: draw at best v Burnley, same v Spurs as we'll give Kane/Son too many chances (2 points max)

West Ham & Liverpool: always lose at Anfield, if West Ham still flying then probably a defeat (1 point max)

Arsenal & Leicester: zero (home draw v Arsenal if we get them on an off day maybe).

Man C & Sheffield Utd: loss to City regardless of what team they put out, beat Sheffield Utd (3 points)

Fulham: all depends on if there's anything riding on it so impossible to predict, but if the chips are down I'd back them...draw?

Can't see us averaging more than a point per game realistically, maybe a few draws could turn to wins but only if Wilson is back.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Oh yeah I'm the forever optimist tbh as I've said if get above 30 in the next few games we'll be safe
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Our next games are...

Wolves (h) - without Jimenez there a different side. Winnable but yet draw able game. Can't afford to lose this one. 1/3
West Brom (a) - Bruce vs Alladerci.. won't be the most exciting games but I can us edging it. 3
Aston Villa (h) - Similar to Wolves without there best player Grealish there a different side but they have a finisher in Watkins & our a good side overall so could see us drawing or even losing this but we should aim for the three points. 0/1
Brighton (a) - Decent footballing side but they can have a soft center.. could see us losing/drawing unfortunately. 0/1
Tottenham (h) - If Mourinho's sacked by now then I don't know.. but as I've mentioned before they have match winners in Son & Kane so there always a threat but could see us nicking a point. 0/1
Burnley (a) - Always a tough one.. there strong at home so I can see us either losing or drawing. 0/1
West Ham (h) - Could see them ending in the top 6 this season & getting Europa League but for some reason I have a feeling we can do the double on them this season.. win/draw in this one. Wilson should be back by then so would be a massive uplift for us. 3
Liverpool (a) - lose.. they'll be fighting for the top four. Can't see anything other than a win for them. 0
Arsenal (h) - lose/draw.. 0/1
Leicester (a) - lose 0
Man City (h) - lose 0
Shefield United (h) - win.. hopefully this will be the game to seal our survival 3
Fulham (a) - nothing game.. (fingers crossed) lose/draw/win who cares? 0/1

Best case scenario is we pick up between 10-12 points in the matches against Wolves, West Brom, Villa, West Ham, Brighton, Burnley & Shefield United. 10-12 points out of 21 points is a realistic & achievable aim but with our form anything could happen. That would leave us on 35 to 37 points which should be enough. Worst case scenario would be if we only pick up 5-8 points until the Fulham game which would leave us on similar points to Fulham maybe 1 point better if Fulham have similar form to us.. so we'll simply have to NOT lose against Fulham on the final day but the pressure would be massive & I could see us crumbling.. ideally by the Sheffield game we can be comfortable & play freely to get the win to survive. <diva> <awe>

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:07 pm
To get 20 points from our remaining from 13 games will be a miracle. We've only got 25 points from 25 games so far, if we keep to the point per match average and end up on 38 then we'll be safe. We've also only hit 45 points in 1 of our previous 5 PL seasons (Rafa in 18/19) so I really can't see Bruce doing it. Also can't see us winning 3 and drawing 1 of our next 4 when our longest unbeaten record of the season so far is 2 games (1 win & 1 draw twice) so I'll have some of whatever you're drinking <laugh>

I quite like taking games in pairs:

Wolves & WBA: we will without doubt **** up in one or both of these. 3-4 points at best.

Villa & Brighton: almost certain to lose one, Villa can score goals (we can't) and Brighton are relatively solid so a low scoring game (1-2 points)

Spurs & Burnley: draw at best v Burnley, same v Spurs as we'll give Kane/Son too many chances (2 points max)

West Ham & Liverpool: always lose at Anfield, if West Ham still flying then probably a defeat (1 point max)

Arsenal & Leicester: zero (home draw v Arsenal if we get them on an off day maybe).

Man C & Sheffield Utd: loss to City regardless of what team they put out, beat Sheffield Utd (3 points)

Fulham: all depends on if there's anything riding on it so impossible to predict, but if the chips are down I'd back them...draw?

Can't see us averaging more than a point per game realistically, maybe a few draws could turn to wins but only if Wilson is back.
Pretty much this. I just don't see us winning more than 1 of our next 4 matches, maybe get a couple of draws. We'll definitely lose to Brighton.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:16 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm
Well, it's that time of year again where us Toon fans look at the remaining fixtures and where we'll pick up points

So we're currently on 25 points so I'll add points received on that

Wolves (H)- Wolves have been fairly mixed so far this, I think they've missed Raul Jimenez a lot since he's been out, I think if play with the same level of intensity which we did against the likes of Everton then we'll pick up 3 points here- 28 points

West Brom (A)- Another game we should be looking at as 3 points imo - 31

Villa (H) - Villa without Jack Grealish aren't as much as a threat (again imo) I'd be happy with a point here but wouldn't be surprised to pick up another win 32

Brighton (A)- Brighton just seem to playing woeful of late, hopefully some revenge for the st. James park game at the start of the season 3 points for me 35 As i've said before this should see us safe come the International, perhaps not mathematically but I can't see Fulham for all their good form reaching 35 points.

Spurs (H)- We actually have a decent record against Spurs, I'd wonder given that it will be just after the International break whether Spurs will have a new manager, a lot of talk of Nagelsmann I'd be happy with a point but I'm going to be realistic and say defeat here

Burnley (A)- Burnley are definitely looking over their shoulders, and by the time we play them I think we could heap more misery on them, a draw or a win here. 38 points

West Ham (H)- Moyes has done a great job this season and I can see a bit of revenge for the 2-0 win at the start of the season.

Liverpool (A)- Another loss

Arsenal (H) Another loss

Leicester (A) I think we'll pick up a point here 39

Man City (H) I think we'll win this quite comfortably...only joking loss

Sheff Utd (H)- Sheffield should be relegated by this stage so can't see them having much fight, 3 points 42

Fulham (A)- This won't be the doom game many have predicted imo it will be closer to 2018/19 final day fixture 3 points 45
45 points <yikes> that would better or equal the total in each of the last 3 seasons and guarantee Brice is still here next season.

Personally I can't see us getting more than another 13 points giving us a total of, at best, 38 points which should be enough to stay up and stiil guarantee Bruce is still here next season!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 pm

We do have the fixtures to put a little run together, I thought we were competitive against Chelsea and Man Utd and if we can put that into the games against Wolves, Wba, Burnley and Brighton then there are points coming imo. We could even see ourselves safe by the time we get to Liverpool and Arsenal depending on how the teams around us do.

gurru991
Tindall's Hoody

Post by gurru991 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:37 am

45 points would be quite the accomplishment ! 25 points from 25 games & every week that goes by the games get tougher. 38 points is probably a more realistic target but that now depends on what Fulham achieve. The final game could be an all or nothing scenario for both teams.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm

Chronicle writers make their predictions. Two say we're getting relegated, two say we're staying up.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... r-19905497

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:04 pm

originallad wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm
Chronicle writers make their predictions. Two say we're getting relegated, two say we're staying up.

Deadlock. But how do we know who is right? Only one way to find out.

Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:10 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:04 pm
originallad wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm

Deadlock. But how do we know who is right? Only one way to find out.

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:16 pm

The 1st time we got relegated we were 2 points better off at this stage then we are now. But then only picked up another 6 points from a possible 36. We went down that season on 34 points.

The 2nd time, we were 2 points worse off at this stage and didn't get passed 26 points until our 33rd match when we put that run together and went down on 37 points.

We got a point tonight and we've got another 6 games coming up where we can realistically pick up points (I think we can get something from the home games to Spurs and West Ham) before we have 4 games where we will probably get nowt from. I just don't want it to get to the last couple of games and i certainly don't want a winner takes all last game of the season against Fulham.

Still a long way to go. I'm hoping Brighton and Burnley go on a bad run and properly get sucked in while we quietly pick up points in the next 6 games.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:50 am

Worth comparing our fixtures with Fulham's post Wolves. We've both got some tough games but theirs are marginally tougher I reckon. Have tried to be equally pessimistic. But things can change quickly if one team over- or underperforms.

GW XX - NUFC (pts, total) --------------- Fulham (pts, total)
GW 27 - West Brom v NUFC (3, 29) ---- FFC v Spurs (0, 23)
GW 28 - NUFC v Aston Villa (1, 30) ----- Liverpool v FFC (0, 23)
GW 29 - Brighton v NUFC (1, 31) ------- FFC v Man City (0, 23)
GW 30 - NUFC v Tottenham (0, 31) ---- FFC v Leeds (1, 24)
GW 31 - Burnley v NUFC (1, 32) -------- Aston Villa v FFC (1, 25)
GW 32 - NUFC v West Ham (1, 33) ---- FFC v Wolves (1, 26)
GW 33 - Liverpool v NUFC (0, 33) ------ Arsenal v FFC (0, 26)
GW 34 - NUFC v Arsenal (0, 33) -------- Chelsea v FFC (0, 26)
GW 35 - Leicester v NUFC (0, 33) ------ FFC v Burnley (3, 29)
GW 36 - NUFC v Man City (0, 33) ------ Southampton v FFC (1, 30)
GW 37 - NUFC v Sheffield Utd (3, 36) - Man U v FFC (0, 30)
GW 38 - FFC v NUFC (1, 37 & 1, 31)
Last edited by Speedo on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:11 am

Ideally we’d pick up 4 or 5 points in our next 3 games as Fulham have 3 games that you’d say they’d probably lose.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 am

I'd throw Burnley and Brighton into the mix as well.

Brighton v Leicester L
Southampton v Brighton D
Brighton v NUFC W/D

Burnley v Leicester D
Burnley v Arsenal W
Everton v Burnley L

I think we will get 4/5 points out of our three next fixtures.
Fulham 3 (a win against one of the big boys. I'm thinking Spurs, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Fulham who ended City's run of wins.)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am

To have a bit of a forum throwback, I will chop off and eat my own cock of Fulham beat Man City.

Hopefully Jose keeps his all out attack (Kane, Bale, Son, Moura) when Spurs play Fulham. Their strength is in attack so he might as well just go for it like the Burnley match.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:02 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am
To have a bit of a forum throwback, I will chop off and eat my own cock of Fulham beat Man City.

Hopefully Jose keeps his all out attack (Kane, Bale, Son, Moura) when Spurs play Fulham. Their strength is in attack so he might as well just go for it like the Burnley match.
Me too (the Jose part).

Fulham aren't Burnley so will probably go on the attack anyway. But it definitely helped Spurs scoring in the 1st minute as it forced Burnely to attack and opened them up. Spurs could and should have had 6 of 7.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 am

originallad wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:02 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am

Me too (the Jose part).

Fulham aren't Burnley so will probably go on the attack anyway. But it definitely helped Spurs scoring in the 1st minute as it forced Burnely to attack and opened them up. Spurs could and should have had 6 of 7.
<laugh> Good job you covered yourself by saying the Jose part!

I don’t think that Fulham are that attacking, they’ve struggled to score goals most of the season. Parker has done a great job shoring up the defence but they still lack in attack. I like Andersen, he’s on loan from Lyon and a very good player.

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:06 pm

I strongly fancy Fulham to get to safety.

This would mean it's us , Brighton , Burnley or Southampton

The latter losing as I write this - they are on a desperate run after being fantastic before xmas.

I think We need to grind out every point from this day forward