Summer Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 22/23

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by seaside nipper » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 pm

We need someone on the Edin Dzeko mould asap.
A focal point more than a headless chicken runaround type please 🙏
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:27 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 pm
We need someone on the Edin Dzeko mould asap.
A focal point more than a headless chicken runaround type please 🙏
Would be a perfect signing.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:50 pm

I like Wood and would be a sensible signing. However, like with Tarkowski, no f***ing way would Burnley sell him this month. Certainly not to us.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:57 pm

Remember when Bowen wanted to join us over West Ham and Bruce said he was no better than what we had....

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:08 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:57 pm
Remember when Bowen wanted to join us over West Ham and Bruce said he was no better than what we had....
I think he’s improved massively at West Ham, he’d have gone backwards under Bruce with us tbf!

Daniel James at Leeds reminds me of Almiron. Always works hard but ultimately he’s s**** and couldn’t finish his dinner.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:06 pm

I wonder how many more lacklustre performances it’ll take before Howe starts feeling the pressure from the fans. He’s been no better than Bruce imo ( we’ve played some tough games I know ) but I think we’ve only played well once against Man Utd.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:29 pm

We need a couple more leaders on the pitch, Richie and Lascelles cannot be those players any more as they are the worst on the pitch at times. Also, we cannot rely on ASM for goals on a consistent basis, Longstaff needs to be shipped out, hes just not good enough for this league. Ideally though we need a striker in asap and at least 1 CB, probably not going to happen before Watford it seems. I'm happy with the Trippier signing but I think we probably should have had another ready to go by now. Hopefully we act fast over the next couple of weeks.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:41 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:06 pm
I wonder how many more lacklustre performances it’ll take before Howe starts feeling the pressure from the fans. He’s been no better than Bruce imo ( we’ve played some tough games I know ) but I think we’ve only played well once against Man Utd.
I wondered myself the level of abuse Steve Bruce would have gotten had we lost to Cambridge, I remember people were pretty livid when we had to have a replay against both Rochdale and Oxford two years ago so I can only imagine.
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:04 pm

It's days like today that pundits and other fans become justified in calling us deluded. Howe is now just as bad as Bruce apparently.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:09 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:04 pm
It's days like today that pundits and other fans become justified in calling us deluded. Howe is now just as bad as Bruce apparently.
Well you could argue the criticising Howe is justified ? Not sure what’s changed personally but again , we’ve had some tough fixtures and the next few games will give a better indication. I still don’t know how we can go from arguably our best performance of the season against Man U to that horror show yesterday. The players didn’t look interested at all yesterday
# stolen from nufc.com :)

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:09 pm

Tod Cantwell 🤷‍♂️
Someone tell me why we are supposedly splashing circa £12m on this second rate Norwich lightweight .
Surely not ……..?!
Clydeside & Tyneside

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:29 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:09 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:04 pm
Well you could argue the criticising Howe is justified ? Not sure what’s changed personally but again , we’ve had some tough fixtures and the next few games will give a better indication. I still don’t know how we can go from arguably our best performance of the season against Man U to that horror show yesterday. The players didn’t look interested at all yesterday
I didn't see yesterday's at all other than MOTD highlights so can't comment on individual players, but there is still an element of turd polishing involved. We're talking about a side with zero cutting edge outside of Wilson, our "attacking" sub in Almiron one of the least productive players I've ever seen, Ritchie in a back four plus Longstaff and Shelvey. That should have been enough to beat Cambridge in theory, but the lack of goals is worrying and we're always able to concede. I don't think you can judge Howe this early on.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 pm

I don’t really see what problems of ours he solves and he can’t even get in the Norwich team for whatever reason.

I’d take him if we’re relegated but that’s about it so hopefully it’s a load of crap.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:27 pm

Sounds like Digne is off to Villa.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:42 pm

I know a lot of people wanted him but he just sounds like trouble, apparently the fall out with Rafa is because he's very self absorbed and obsessed over his own personal stats over that of the team's. Been saying he wants CL and to live down south, pushed for Chelsea and they said no so seems to be settling on villa. No doubting his ability but seems like the wrong personality for us.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Speaking for myself, I wanted Digne because of his obvious ability. It's a wierd window and he's probably the best realistic option out there. Realistic for a reason though, his attitude clearly an issue. Going to Villa is an interesting one, Gerrard is earning his keep so far.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:29 am

I wouldn’t be against taking Matt Targett from Villa tbf. Looks pretty good most of the time and some good deliveries. It’d be a short term signing but he’s better than either Ritchie or Lewis at the moment and his game time at Villa has just gone now they’ve got Digne.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:55 am

wood wudnt be a bad shout i think. always rated him. been around for ages, rmemeber him playin for wba wen we went down first time lolbut cnt see burnley lettin him go

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:38 am

jpg wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:41 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:44 pm
Watching highlights back of FA Cup match, dear lord we need a striker and soon

Chris Wood is our next target according to Mr Edwards. Seen many fans scoff at the idea but given our position these type of signings make more sense than players like Vlahovic who are never going to join us at this stage.

Also, as depressing as it may be, the club should be targeting players who would likely give us a year in the Championship too.
This. Chris Wood and Todd Cantwell may not be the flashy or glamourous names we were expecting but there sensible and astute signings. IF we do go down they'll be excellent Championship players and they wouldn't mind coming back up with us so it's a no brainer. Chris Wood is a decent / solid Premier League level striker and before this season has been scoring 10+ goals consistently for the past 4 seasons. Strong, big, powerful, very good in the air and experienced. Exactly the type of target-man we need.. someone who can be the focal point, link up play, be a aerial threat and has a decent all-round game. Him and another striker (upgrade on Gayle) who has pace and technical ability would be perfect. 2 CB's (Botman / Diego Carlos / etc), 2 CM's (one defensive and one playmaker) & 1 first choice LB would be the icing on the cake. For this week we just need to focus on getting 1 striker in to start against Watford ideally..

Dubra
Trippier Lascelles Schar Manquillo
Shelvey Joelinton
Fraser Miggy ASM
Wood

<diva> <diva> <diva>

Looks good enough to beat Watford (who are in dire form) for me. <awe> <ok>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:50 am