Re: Seasons prospects

Post by Oval85 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:10 pm

Half way to your prime then <diva>

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:58 pm

If everytime you sit down or stand up you make a slight groaning sound, you're old.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:09 pm

It will 30 weeks on Sunday, I have been counting down since 2016, when I start collecting my state pension. I honestly feel sorry for you young 'uns who are probably going to have work well into your 70s until your receive you pensions if, indeed, there's any money left in the pot by then.

There again you've probably got more chance of seeing The Toon win a trophy in your lifetime than I have!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Definitely zero money in pension pots in 30 odd years time. I overpay my mortgage instead of paying into a pension, plan to buy / rent out an apartment or two as a long term plan with far better security and returns than pensions.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Our generation is so screwed <urgh>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:21 pm

When I took my first mortgage out in 1980 with the Newcastle Building Society or the Grainger & Percy as it was known way back then the interest rate was a whopping 15% - you lot have never had it so good!

On the other hand the 1980/81 season was almost certainly the most boring season ever for Newcastle. There have certainly been worse years, but for all round tediousness it cannot be beaten.
Last edited by UlversToon on Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:41 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:21 pm
When I took my first mortgage out in 1980 with the Newcastle Building Society or the Grainger & Percy as it was known way back then the interest rate was a whopping 15% - you lot have never had it so good!

On the hand the 1980/81 season was almost certainly the most boring season ever for Newcastle. There have certainly been worse years, but for all round tediousness it cannot be beaten.
True, interest rates were awful back then...but the average price of a detached house in Toronto right now is $1.24 million <wah>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:04 pm

<yikes>

Omg.
This thread !! 🤣
It’s morphed into a melancholic fans fitness forum

This ‘prospects ‘ business has undoubtedly tapped into the long suffering psyche of the true Toon faithful.

It’s like a cross between those who wish they were up for a night in the Bigg market and those who want to rock the carpet bowls champs in the care home

I’d like to place on record I can still hold about eight pints across the day including pre and post match libations. Trouble is these last few years my hangover lasts for nearly two days now. I’m pretty sure that would change if Newcastle would win a game, the positive endorphin release would wipe away any thoughts of hangover.

Gonna be some journey….strap in lads

HTL
Clydeside & Tyneside

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:21 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:04 pm
<yikes>

Omg.
This thread !! 🤣

This ‘prospects ‘ business has undoubtedly tapped into the long suffering psyche of the true Toon faithful.

It’s like a cross between those who wish they were up for a night in the Bigg market and those who want to rock the carpet bowls champs in the care home

I’d like to place on record I can still hold about eight pints across the day including pre and post match libations. Trouble is these last few years my hangover lasts for nearly two days now. I’m pretty sure that would change if Newcastle would win a game, the positive endorphin release would wipe away any thoughts of hangover.

HTL
Do I get a concession on my ticket for this journey?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:21 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
<yikes>

Omg.
This thread !! 🤣

HTL
With all due respect you ok for the roller coaster 🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:59 pm

UlversToon wrote:
seaside nipper wrote:
<yikes>

Omg.
This thread !! 🤣

HTL
You probably get a discount for age as well <laugh>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:34 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 pm
UlversToon wrote:

<laugh> I've been through it before so I'm used to it now!

The only thing I don't like these days are the 5:30pm kick-offs as they tend to finish after my bedtime!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:04 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:34 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 pm

The only thing I don't like these days are the 5:30pm kick-offs as they tend to finish after my bedtime!
Maybe you should move across the pond? You might be the only fan who like the 7:30am kick-offs! <laugh>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:04 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Maybe you should move across the pond? You might be the only fan who like the 7:30am kick-offs! <laugh>
<laugh>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Odds on we will get relegated , but it’s nothing if not a challenge, that’s the Newcastle narrative. Plenty roller coaster rides yet to come this season I’m certain for the richest club in football land
I am seriously annoyed though as Manchester United seem to be trying to displace us as the most dysfunctional and under achieving club in the league.
Typical Man Utd, cannot let you have anything.
<whistle>
Clydeside & Tyneside

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:18 pm

It is only a 5 point gap still, tho possibly 8 after we lose to Arsenal next weekend depending on other results.

I’ll wait until after the Norwich and Burnley games. If we can get 6 points there I think that’ll see us through to January and we’ll stay up. If we don’t win those 2 games I think it’s very likely we’ll go down.

Shame that cabbage head sold Lejuene, our best defender and perfect for Howe.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:18 pm
It is only a 5 point gap still, tho possibly 8 after we lose to Arsenal next weekend depending on other results.

I’ll wait until after the Norwich and Burnley games. If we can get 6 points there I think that’ll see us through to January and we’ll stay up. If we don’t win those 2 games I think it’s very likely we’ll go down.

This. Norwich and Burnley are MUST wins.. if we drop points to them then that's it for us unless we go on some miracle winning streak which is very unlikely. If we get 6 points then yeah we can get through to Jan, steady the ship with a couple quality signings and by then Howe should have stamped his footballing identity onto the team. Positive thinking. <diva>

IF we do get relegated not the end of the world tbh.. just let Howe rebuild properly, clear out the deadwood & bring the youth through.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:08 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:18 pm

This. Norwich and Burnley are MUST wins.. if we drop points to them then that's it for us unless we go on some miracle winning streak which is very unlikely. If we get 6 points then yeah we can get through to Jan, steady the ship with a couple quality signings and by then Howe should have stamped his footballing identity onto the team. Positive thinking. <diva>

IF we do get relegated not the end of the world tbh.. just let Howe rebuild properly, clear out the deadwood & bring the youth through.
We have youth?! <scratch>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:12 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:08 pm

We have youth?! <scratch>
A couple I guess <scratch> <whistle> .. but what I meant by youth is buying decent young players with good to very good potential so we can build for the long-term & give them that hard/rough experience of Championship football so we can build a young side with energy, pace & power. We do have a couple youngsters who do look to have some decent potential such as Watts, Anderson, Munoz, M.Longstaff (still only 21), Vilca, Jack Young, Dylan Stehenson, Joe White, Matt Bondswell, Mo Sangare, etc. Not saying all of them will make it but hopefully with the new ownership & the investment they will put into the academy/youth-set up/training facilities we can achieve a couple more Dummets/Carroll's/Longstaff's/Steven Taylor/Ameobi's in the next couple years.

This is of course if we go down.. which is 50/50 right now all depending on the Norwich/Burnley results & what type of player we can attract in Jan. I think with Howe it'll be fun / entertaining to watch as we're going to be attacking & will score goals but our defence is letting us down & we're being overrun in midfield as we don't have a proper destroyer.. we need like a Tiote (in his prime) to give us that competitive bite/edge/solidity we're missing in the middle & a quality CB or two (Tarwoski/etc) who know how to properly defend, if we don't get that we're as good as down.. as we'll have to keep scoring 2 or more goals in every game to win/draw because of our inability to defend & leak goals for fun. Priorities (as we should know by now) should be a CB & a DM/CM.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Lejuene <love> <love> <love>