Match day thread - NUFC v Man City

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Man City

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:14 pm

Initial mistake obvs Dubravka, second is definitely more so Clark. As said, “if in doubt kick it out” is the first thing you’re taught as a kid playing football. If he didn’t get a shout that’s what he should have done.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Good response to going behind. I do have confidence that when we play lesser teams in January we’ll get some wins.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Ahh, no surprises I see...

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Sorry, but they want us relegated!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:32 pm

The referee considers the matter closed.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Now unlike TAA the other day, that is a penalty.

Fraser does cause a lot of problems.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Does seem to be some strange decisions against the us the last week. Even earlier in the game when KDB wasn't fouled and it looked like we'd have a chance to score, ref couldnt get the whistle in his face quick enough. Really think something is afoot. The Maddison dive was one thing, the head injury, the possible TAA foul, the KDB non-foul today that he could have allowed play on for and the possible foul on Fraser that wasn't even looked at. All a bit odd.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:42 pm

I don’t but they whole conspiracy theory on that. The scale of it would have to be huge, every ref and VAR official on our games would have to buy into it, there’s no way in the world they all would.

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Crying out for Shelvey here. The number of times Wilson is pointing that he wants a through ball to his feet and our midfielders stand there idling and pass sideways or backwards. Need someone with the confidence to see and actually try passes
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:47 pm

How bad have we been? watched last 15 only...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:49 pm

I’ve definitely seen enough in the last couple of games that when we start playing lesser sides in Jan/Feb we’ll pick up some wins. Our run for 2 months after new year isn’t bad. Add a few new signings to that and I’m quite optimistic, you can see what Howe is trying to do, we just need to add a bit more quality and play some shitter teams!

Really impressed with Fraser the last couple of games, Joelinton is a bit of a beast at home. Murphy doing pretty well at RB too. Definitely need a couple of new centre backs ASAP.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:47 pm
Absolutely calamitous first goal gifted to them. But generally I think we’ve done okay considering the opposition. We had a stonewall pen turned down and one or two half chances.

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:52 pm

I do believe they would rather us be relegated. Ever since our takeover they’ve brought new rules in place because they don’t want a new super power to knock the big boys off their perch.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:52 pm

Murphy is s****, time and time again he will be in a position to cross the ball and then just f***ing stands there like a clueless Muppet whilst he's pressed or f***ing leathers the ball into row z.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:50 pm
Oval85 wrote:
Absolutely calamitous first goal gifted to them. But generally I think we’ve done okay considering the opposition. We had a stonewall pen turned down and one or two half chances.
Yeah I saw that one. Clark seems to have a brainfart on the field every 30 minutes. He really should be nowhere near the first team, but that is our defensive standard now, championship level at best.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:56 pm

Uncle Paul wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:52 pm
I do believe they would rather us be relegated. Ever since our takeover they’ve brought new rules in place because they don’t want a new super power to knock the big boys off their perch.
I don't really care. In 4-5 years we will be a powerhouse and of course everyone hates that. Most clubs and fans had something against us anyway, but still... Who cares. Give it a couple of years and we are all smiles <roll>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:54 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Yeah I saw that one. Clark seems to have a brainfart on the field every 30 minutes. He really should be nowhere near the first team, but that is our defensive standard now, championship level at best.
Yeah, shame that Fernandez got injured as you’d think he’d have been in for Schar today. Carragher said in the studio that if you’re a defender you clear that ball, simple.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:01 pm

Willock off for ASM, hasn’t done anything in the first half.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:01 pm

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
Crying out for Shelvey here. The number of times Wilson is pointing that he wants a through ball to his feet and our midfielders stand there idling and pass sideways or backwards. Need someone with the confidence to see and actually try passes
Another area we need to strength and invest. We need another creative, technical & intelligent mobile midfielder who can do what Shelvey does but also has a engine and can drive us forward. Shelvey's been decent since Howe has come in but we need someone who can do what he does & MORE.. like a technical box-to-box who can track back/defend efficiently but also can pass, move and drive. Willock has been average and disappointing but I see him more of a no.10/second striker/attacking midfielder than a out and out CM who can control the tempo of the game, obviously he's still young and has a lot to polish on his overall game hope he proves me wrong but he hasn't been nowhere near worth the 20 mil for him.. if he was that good he would be playing in Arsenal's first XI right now. Hayden is just soooo limited and not enough anywhere as a regular starter. We need a strong defensive ball winner who can do the basics of passing & having good ball control.

Never expected nothing from this game but we should have had a pen.. could have been a different game if that went in.. I don't see us coming back as even we bomb forward City will just pick us off at will.. too much class and quality, you can the difference in gulf. Clark is just trash.. shame Fernandez is out until next year. Need 2 CBS minimum. Sell / release Clark. Schar can stay as back-up.. similar to Lascelles. Need 2 starting CBs.. Fernandez even though he's solid most of the times he's not getting any younger so release him in the summer.

2 CB's --- get rid of Clark asap. Keep Schar & Lascelles as back-up / keep Fernandez until the end of the season.
2 CM's (box-to-box / defensive) - Sell Hendrick / Longstaff (both).. Keep Hayden as back-up. Shelvey's jury's still out on him as a regular but has been good under Howe so let's see how he does this season.
1 LB --- get rid of Ritchie, past it and Championship quality. Keep Lewis as you can see the potential and improvement already with Howe.
1 RB ---- get rid of Kraft. If we get in Trippier that would be a statement.. but whoever comes in needs to compete with Manquillo as he's mainly been solid so far this season I'm a fan of him.

1 striker / second striker - get rid of Gayle. A upgrade on him to compete/partner Wilson. Someone pacey, strong & athletic.

So in total around 6-7 signings.. I don't expect all of that in Jan but summer we need a complete overhaul. <ok>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Yeah, hopefully this is the end of him. It is so easy to see that we need a total overhaul of the defence and also a player(or two) in each of the other areas. I'm so pessimistic about this Hammond deal though. He has been handling b-side clubs all over, and even though Celtic is a good team they are still in a shitty league. Just the fact that he signed Pardew gives me the chills.