10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: Matchday thread - Toon v Spurs

Post by Chappy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:37 pm
Don Sholeone's a bit quiet 👀
<laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:43 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:37 pm
Don Sholeone's a bit quiet 👀
Also noticed this haha <laugh>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:49 pm

Well odd as it sounds, us winning 4-0 doesn’t flatter us at all today. Could have been at least six today and gutted Isak didn’t get his hat trick. He should have tbh.
Great performance and good to see us suffocate a team tactically.
Clydeside & Tyneside

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:58 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:49 pm
Well odd as it sounds, us winning 4-0 doesn’t flatter us at all today. Could have been at least six today and gutted Isak didn’t get his hat trick. He should have tbh.
Great performance and good to see us suffocate a team tactically.
He's been close to a hat trick a couple of times now. It'll come sooner rather than later!

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:09 pm

So that's all 7 London clubs beaten at SJP this season, that can't happen too often.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:15 pm

Cracking performance and even better result. Everyone was brilliant. MOTM Isak, Bruno was outstanding, Gordon n' Barnes ooze quality and the defence was a rock, Kraft did really well as a CB, Burn looks so solid there and Schar was his usual classy n' composed self. Anderson looks classy on the ball and strong n' physical in the tackle, has the potential to be a strong future midfield general but we can see his versatility as he can play on the wing too. Longstaff was tidy and under the rader but looked like his old self from last season, quietly effective in the middle doing the dirty work for others and running around cleaning up with his engine he was everywhere today. I like Murphy as RB/RWB he can match most wingers/attackers for pace and can bomb up n' down that right hand side all day long. If Tino still not fully fit keep playing him there with Barnes further forward. <awe>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:07 pm

It's called working weekends lads. 👍

But I'm glad me having my own opinion has gotten under your skin so much <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:19 pm

Howe has definitely deserved criticism at times this season, and at others deserves a huge pat on the back. Today is definitely the latter <applause>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:44 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:07 pm

But I'm glad me having my own opinion has gotten under your skin so much <laugh>
With that in mind, obviously when you've had a chance to catch up with highlights/match report etc, what would your opinion be about today

Personally I think the team looked well drilled in the slightly adapted formation, with a lot of square pegs doi g well. Spurs definitely did flatter us, but whenever they did come forward our defence seemed solid. And bloody he'll did we look dangerous on the attack.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:47 pm

I can’t think of a single clear cut chance that they had, everyone to a man was excellent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:00 pm

Just got in didn't have a clue what the result was so delighted and surprised in equal measure. Thought we'd lose this one for sure.

Sounds like a great performance too. Can't wait to catch the highlights!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:02 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:00 pm
Just got in didn't have a clue what the result was so delighted and surprised in equal measure. Thought we'd lose this one for sure.

Sounds like a great performance too. Can't wait to catch the highlights!
Up there with one of the best performances of the season I’d say.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:44 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:07 pm

With that in mind, obviously when you've had a chance to catch up with highlights/match report etc, what would your opinion be about today

Personally I think the team looked well drilled in the slightly adapted formation, with a lot of square pegs doi g well. Spurs definitely did flatter us, but whenever they did come forward our defence seemed solid. And bloody he'll did we look dangerous on the attack.
I've only seen the regular highlights from sky, the attacking intensity/quality seemed much better than in recent weeks/months, thinking/hoping that was due to us having Gordon/Isak/Barnes as the front 3. Too many times this season Isak especially has been too isolated, I think this is a consequence of having Miggy/Murphy who bring more defensive work rate than attacking quality.

Anderson has been great since he's come back, again he's brought more intensity to our game, Willock is seemingly still struggling and Longstaff for the most part has been a passenger this season. Miley who I think has a huge future isn't really an intensity player just yet either.

Can't really comment on the defence as highlights don't really shed much light on that.

My main criticism of Howe this season has been his reluctance/ability to adapt and to change things when it's not working, ive just felt there has probably been a bit of arrogance this season at times and too much favouritism. The only thing bugging me from today is, would we have seen the front 3 we had if we had a fully fit Trips/Livramento to play RB, would we have seen Murphy RW in that scenario. For me this is the area where I need answers from Howe. I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong.

Also as a side note, absolutely buzzing for the lads and lasses with the haptic shirts today, absolute quality from the club and all involved, bigger than the 3 points for me. I've always felt a sadness for blind/deaf fans not getting to experience what we all take for granted, there is no buzz for me than that atmosphere change you get from passing from concourse to stands, still in awe every time I experience that, I hope the shirts really helped level things up for those at the game today.

Timshorts 2
Portugal (Man baby)
Portugal (Man baby)

Post by Timshorts 2 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:49 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:09 pm
So that's all 7 London clubs beaten at SJP this season, that can't happen too often.
And they are still all staying up.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 pm

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:56 pm

How the f*** did Maddison stay on the pitch.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:01 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:56 pm
How the **** did Maddison stay on the pitch.
I was thinking the exact same thing myself!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:50 am

Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:20 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:56 pm
How the **** did Maddison stay on the pitch.
Straight red or two bookings? I don't think it was dangerous enough for a straight red, and in fairness to the ref he was extremely consistent. There's a fair argument he could've booked Maddison for crying like a baby when Burn wasn't booked two minutes after he got away with one mind.

Thought the ref had a great game generally, waved away an awful lot of easy going to grounds from both teams.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:23 am