Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Matchday thread - Toon v Spurs

Post by originallad » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:24 am

Colly wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:20 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:56 pm
How the **** did Maddison stay on the pitch.
Straight red or two bookings? I don't think it was dangerous enough for a straight red, and in fairness to the ref he was extremely consistent. There's a fair argument he could've booked Maddison for crying like a baby when Burn wasn't booked two minutes after he got away with one mind.

Thought the ref had a great game generally, waved away an awful lot of easy going to grounds from both teams.
He should have had two bookings, could have had three.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 am

Yeah it was never a straight red for the Murphy one, but we got away with one (burn when he pulled him down) that was just as bad as the yellow Maddison didn’t get for the block on Gordon so can’t say I’m that bothered.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:44 am

Just seen a stat that Isak is the first Newcastle player to score 20 goals a season in all competitions combined since Shearer in 2003/04.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:08 am

originallad wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:44 am
Just seen a stat that Isak is the first Newcastle player to score 20 goals a season in all competitions combined since Shearer in 2003/04.
Technically that's discounting Gayle because it was in the second division <whistle> Nevertheless, a good stat, and can see why we want to build the future around him.

It's mildly concerning now everyone has clocked on how bloody good he is haha. But it's not the Ashley days any more. Hopefully we can grow with him, and he can spearhead our future ambitions. Basically, f*** off Arsenal. He'd be perfect for them, but if he's going it's for 145m to Madrid or some s***, in two three years time.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:52 am

originallad wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:24 am
Colly wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:20 am

Straight red or two bookings? I don't think it was dangerous enough for a straight red, and in fairness to the ref he was extremely consistent. There's a fair argument he could've booked Maddison for crying like a baby when Burn wasn't booked two minutes after he got away with one mind.

Thought the ref had a great game generally, waved away an awful lot of easy going to grounds from both teams.
He should have had two bookings, could have had three.
I hate this kind of thing though, had he got the first booking he probably wouldn't have done the second thing. Players play differently on yellow cards, or indeed if they've been sat on 9 yellows for 11 games...