Average player ratings vs Anzhi away (Toonforum Index)

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Average player ratings vs Anzhi away (Toonforum Index)

Post by Beatski » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 pm

<ohnoes> TFI the TFI.
29 members had their say on this match, although loads of you didn't use the 'proper' (my) order so i edited all your posts to sort it out, a special well done to TRL who forgot that Sissoko existed <french>.

Unsurprisingly, after our much lauded defensive masterclass, the back 5 receive the best ratings, Yanga M'Bwia collects the MOTM showing us why Colo won't be such a big miss over the coming weeks. Struggling to retain possession or have much effect going forwards, the midfield/attack scores are a lot lower, with our dismal wingers picking up the worst of the lot; Obertan picks up mug of the match, with Marveaux next in line.

Elliot - 7.40
He didn't have too much to do, but when he was tested, he was up to the challenge. Dealt with some awkward back passes and a tricky surface well, and pulled off two excellent stops to keep us at level pegging in the tie.

Simpson - 7.38
Brilliant performance, especially in the first half when a lot of the team were below par. Superb defensively, keeping his winger shackled, resulting in little to no threat down their left all evening. Wasn't the greatest going forward, but was good in comparison to his usual level. Kept the ball on the floor surprisingly well, and one of the only players to consistently complete passes on the night.

Perch - 8.14
Immense at the back, beat the much taller Traore to pretty much everything in the air, his positioning was spot on, he showed excellent reading of the game, he mopped up well at the back and made a few of his trademark crunching tackles for good measure. When shifted into midfield late in the game, he didn't let his performance drop, dealing with everything there too.

Yanga M'Biwa - 8.86 MOTM
Looked like a veteran in our defence rather than a new arrival. Nothing was getting past him on the day, his timing and positioning were spot on halting every single attack in his vicinity. Covered for Haidara down the left superbly, completely outpacing anyone who tried to run in behind with the ball. To top it off his passing was excellent as well, although if there was any criticism of his game its that he looked a little weak in the air, but having handled Traore well, that's a minor gripe.

Haidara - 7.55
A good performance from our inexperienced new signing, was solid defensively for the main part, but got caught out a couple of times, and a rash challenge earned him a booking. Tidy in possession, he also contributed a little going forward, and should put pressure on Santon if he keeps it up

Anita - 6.91
Mis-hit quite a few passes in the first half, but improved in the second. Didn't contribute much going forward, but retained possession well and protected the back four with some important tackles. Deserves more playing time.

Cabaye - 6.53
Not the best of performances from our captain on the day, we didn't see enough of his usual play-making and was unable to provide the creative spark he usually does. He failed to calm things down and retain possession at times, but defended well, he looked lethargic as the game wore on.

Marveaux - 5.09
Completely anonymous for large parts of the game, he was sloppy in possession and gave the ball away too much. He showed a couple of glimpses of quality, but they were few and far between, looks like he wants to be playing in the middle.

Sissoko - 6.36
Didnt play up to his own high standards. He made a few good runs and was involved in the occasional bit of good passing but he was caught in possession disappointingly often and drifted in and out of the game, unable to exert his usual influence perhaps due to not having a striker to play off. He's beginning to show he's not an attacking mid, a great player but perhaps lacks some of the creativity required to operate in his current role.

Obertan - 4.40
With an atrocious first half performance Obertan gets TFI's Mug of the match. He gave the ball away cheaply, was slow to react to play, played awful first touch flick ons to no-one, and failed to effectively track back. He was noticeably improved in the second, actually looking dangerous going forwards, and being involved in a lot of our good attacking moves, recovering the ball well after we'd lost it, but that didn't make up for a shockingly bad first 45.

HBA - 5.40
He was noticeably rusty after a long layoff, and you could tell he was playing out of position, and didn't do that badly considering that. However he tried too much too often, had a poor touch and was regularly caught in possession. He did look dangerous at times, especially when he dropped deeper, and he could and maybe should have scored. Good to finally see him back though.

Saylor - 6.48
He came on and maintained our defensive solidarity, didn't do anything outstanding but nor did he put a foot wrong.

Shola 5.73
Managed to somehow annoy the ref and concede cheap fouls for next to nothing quite regularly. Didn't do anything of note himself, but the players behind him seemed to improve since he gave the team a proper focal point in attack. Looked knackered after about 5 mins, although hats off to Shola for once again putting NUFC ahead of his own health by playing on a pitch he knows he shouldn't.

Tiote 6.04

Not really on for long enough to contribute meaningfully, didn't let anything by him, maintained the lockout.

highest to lowest:
SpoilerShow
MYM 8.86
Perch 8.14
Haidara 7.55
Elliot 7.40
Simpson 7.38
Anita 6.91
Cabaye 6.53
Saylor 6.48
Sissoko 6.36
Tiote 6.04
Shola 5.73
HBA 5.40
Marveaux 5.09
Obertan 4.40

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Re: Average player ratings vs Anzhi away (Toonforum Index)

Post by Duke » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Obertan's first half performance is honestly the worst I've ever seen a professional footballer, at any level, play <laugh>

MYM <awe>
I dunno

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm

The Duke wrote:Obertan's first half performance is honestly the worst I've ever seen a professional footballer, at any level, play <laugh>

MYM <awe>
Well it hasnt been running long, but Obertan has achieved the lowest ever TFI score <laugh>
(i can see it staying that way)

MYM has the highest ever rating as well <ok>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-1751126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<awe>
I dunno

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Where's the pitch picture <mob>

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Paco wrote:Where's the pitch picture <mob>
ask Cal <wenger>
that's his job

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Beatski wrote:
Paco wrote:Where's the pitch picture <mob>
ask Cal <wenger>
that's his job
Callum <disgrace>
I dunno

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Obertan wasn't that bad <disgrace>

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Post by The Rock Lobster » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Just to scew things Sissoko - 1.
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:08 pm

vous pouvez m'appeller Yo wrote:Obertan wasn't that bad <disgrace>
tell that to the kneejerkers giving him 2 (i thought Marv was worse overall)

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Post by The Rock Lobster » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Obertan's first half was one of the worst 45 minutes of football in a Newcastle shirt. He was that bad.
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Beatski wrote:
<ok>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Beatski wrote:
How's it a knee jerk? I genuinely rate him as a footballer more than most on here but I couldn't justify giving him higher.
I dunno

Sammy's Mohawk
Joel's Goals

Post by Sammy's Mohawk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm

The Duke wrote:
Beatski wrote:
How's it a knee jerk? I genuinely rate him as a footballer more than most on here but I couldn't justify giving him higher.
iv'e never seen a player with so much pace lack any ability to do anything with it, complete waste of the best part of 4m! s*** Man U reject who only has hid day twice a season
“I’m not going to look beyond the semi-final – but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final.”

“We can’t replace Gary Speed. Where do you get an experienced player like him with a left foot and a head?”

“We didn’t underestimate them at all – they were just a lot better than we thought they were.”

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Sammy's Mohawk wrote:
The Duke wrote:
iv'e never seen a player with so much pace lack any ability to do anything with it, complete waste of the best part of 4m! s*** Man U reject who only has hid day twice a season
I'm fed up with him now. Gouffran has done more in a month than Obertan has in 2 seasons
I dunno

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 pm

I think we should have a rule that a player has to play over 15 minutes to get a rating. At the moment I can see Shola picking up an average of 6 every single game for a 10 minute cameo. <laugh>

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Minty Fresh wrote:I think we should have a rule that a player has to play over 15 minutes to get a rating. At the moment I can see Shola picking up an average of 6 every single game for a 10 minute cameo. <laugh>
you may be on to something there <scratch>
i was kind of going with the FM auto 6

kneejerk (well more obertan hate-wagon tbf) because Ober was good toward the end of the match, there's no way he deserved 2 for overall

TJR
10 Champs Chump
10 Champs Chump

Post by TJR » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Minty Fresh wrote:I think we should have a rule that a player has to play over 15 minutes to get a rating. At the moment I can see Shola picking up an average of 6 every single game for a 10 minute cameo. <laugh>
Apart from the derby where he will get an average of 10.

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Beatski wrote:
you may be on to something there <scratch>
i was kind of going with the FM auto 6

kneejerk (well more obertan hate-wagon tbf) because Ober was good toward the end of the match, there's no way he deserved 2 for overall
I think Obertan gets used as a scapegoat a lot of the time but I actually understand why. Others players who often get unfairly castigated like Simpson and Williamson at least give their all in every game, Obertan a lot of the time looks like he's trying to get away with doing the bare minimum and quite often hides. For that reason I can see why some fans are quicker to get on his back than they are with other players (even though its completely counter productive).

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 pm

TJR_NUFC wrote:
Apart from the derby where he will get an average of 10.
Of course. <awe>