Summer Minor/Unsubstantiated Rumours (NUFC)

Le wilde un
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Summer Transfer Talk (NUFC)

Post by Le wilde un » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Somebody's pinched my sombrero wrote:
Le wilde un wrote:Haha, I meant next seasons game obvs.
I love your avatar though.

I also loved that one of a nice young lady who steps into the shower and has a look like she's had a cock shoved up her arse for the first time. You know, that "it's quite nice, but hurry up" look. Who's was it?
Yeah, that was nice. Wasn't it 'The deluded Jose Enrique' or something? Has he changed his name?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2jP9OMVI8

"Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay."

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Bugger, I didn't realise Oldham was in Scotland.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 pm

He plays for the Scottish national team, therefore in footballing terms he is Scottish.

But his example is exactly why we don't buy British players and choose to shop abroad. You said we could 'probably' get him for £10m? That money spent on a foreign player, even one playing in England, would go much further. We bought Cisse (a player who had consistently been scoring 1 in 2 for years in the highest levels of French and German football) for £9m.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Worth pointing out we were linked with Ince but he chose to stay with his family and get first-team football, which is fair enough - no point in leaving somewhere where you have guaranteed first-team football for a bit of extra money where you might stagnate, we all know there are plenty of young players who've had their careers ruined that way.
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Post by The Rock Lobster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Would be delighted if as you mention we tried to sign Hughes, last I heard he was off to Liverpool though <scratch>. Rhodes I'm just not sure about, as I guess are a load of football scouts as no one as of yet has taken the chance on him.
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:54 pm

I want curly hair too wrote:He plays for the Scottish national team, therefore in footballing terms he is Scottish.

But his example is exactly why we don't buy British players and choose to shop abroad. You said we could 'probably' get him for £10m? That money spent on a foreign player, even one playing in England, would go much further. We bought Cisse (a player who had consistently been scoring 1 in 2 for years in the highest levels of French and German football) for £9m.
He'd be classed as home grown though, and to be honest, I'd take a gamble on him.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:30 pm

We're not going to sign anyone.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Isn't Rhodes just as useless outside of the box than what Cisse is?

Like the idea of signing him as a Shola replacement - i.e a player that primarily starts from the bench, but we need a striker that can offer so, so much more than poking out a toe and scoring a goal. Cisse's poaching instincts we fine when we're we're confident and creating for him in those five months in 11/12, but he's done next to nothing since. Watching him at 4-0 down against City, clearly fatigued from Ramadan filled me with so much rage. He just showed no care to even try and chase a defender when they had the ball. The simplest thing to do in football is bloody run around - and he couldn't even do that.

Remy could be that player, but I can see him being played from a wide role. We essentially need to find a clever creative forward, that drops from the high position into midfield, instead of running behind, or a modern complete forward that is strong, quick and can do everything. What we've got at the moment is a complete mix of none of those things.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:50 pm

AC Jimbo wrote:Isn't Rhodes just as useless outside of the box than what Cisse is?

Like the idea of signing him as a Shola replacement - i.e a player that primarily starts from the bench, but we need a striker that can offer so, so much more than poking out a toe and scoring a goal. Cisse's poaching instincts we fine when we're we're confident and creating for him in those five months in 11/12, but he's done next to nothing since. Watching him at 4-0 down against City, clearly fatigued from Ramadan filled me with so much rage. He just showed no care to even try and chase a defender when they had the ball. The simplest thing to do in football is bloody run around - and he couldn't even do that.

Remy could be that player, but I can see him being played from a wide role. We essentially need to find a clever creative forward, that drops from the high position into midfield, instead of running behind, or a modern complete forward that is strong, quick and can do everything. What we've got at the moment is a complete mix of none of those things.
No. Nobody is as bad as Cisse
I dunno

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Marcel Desailly wrote: No. Nobody is as bad as Cisse
Happy to agree with that. <love>

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Post by The Rock Lobster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 pm

AC Jimbo wrote:
Marcel Desailly wrote: No. Nobody is as bad as Cisse
Your shortest post ever? <laugh>
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm

The Rock Lobster wrote:
AC Jimbo wrote:
Your shortest post ever? <laugh>
Not even close.. <disgrace>

http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p512436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

The Poster Formally Known As Disco wrote:We're not going to sign anyone.
This.
Don't hinder the Trinder

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Kinnear quoted saying that if arsenal want cabaye theyre going to have to up their bid.

nice to see we're trying to hold on to our top players while also trying to strenghten the squad.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Today was the day I was convinced we won't sign anyone else. With how long we take to do transfers I was hoping for a bid for someone today at the very least, but never mind, I'm sure having Jonas and Stevie T back will be like having two new signings

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Heisen wrote:Today was the day I was convinced we won't sign anyone else. With how long we take to do transfers I was hoping for a bid for someone today at the very least, but never mind, I'm sure having Jonas and Stevie T back will be like having two new signings
I think we will get one more. I can't believe they would be so foolish not to sign at least one more player.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:37 pm

you can call me yo wrote:
Heisen wrote:Today was the day I was convinced we won't sign anyone else. With how long we take to do transfers I was hoping for a bid for someone today at the very least, but never mind, I'm sure having Jonas and Stevie T back will be like having two new signings
I think we will get one more. I can't believe they would be so foolish not to sign at least one more player.
Really? <erk> I have no faith in them to do anything, and everyone was saying the same thing in the last week of the transfer window last summer

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:48 pm

I began to think this probably 10 days ago, just as we'd brought Remy in really. Started with thinking, but what if this is it?

We've had so long to actually do business now, if it was to be done, it would have been done. We'll either bring in players for the sake of doing so, or we'll take an approach akin to when we had sold Carroll - a foolish man and his money are soon parted sort of thing.

Rating this window out of 10 I would be struggling to give anything above a 1 in all honesty. We've not even moved out players that needed to be done, we've not freshened up a fragile squad that has been so for at least 18 months, and we've not strengthened to any degree in the areas that we are so lacking.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Heisen wrote:
you can call me yo wrote:
Really? <erk> I have no faith in them to do anything, and everyone was saying the same thing in the last week of the transfer window last summer
If we sell Cabaye and don't sign anyone, I'll cry.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:12 pm

We should have a sweep stake on who we will make panic bids for in the closing hours of the window