Coach Willie Donachie Resigns Over Streete Fight

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Coach Willie Donachie Resigns Over Streete Fight

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 4m
Sky Sports understands coach Willie Donachie suspended by Newcastle.

Well... I wonder what he said about Joe Kinnear?
Last edited by Speedo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had the first custom w***

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Re: Coach Willie Donachie Suspended by Newcastle

Post by Heisen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 pm

<scratch>

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Goat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 pm

He seems s**** anyway. Never known such a morbid and uninspiring manager in my life. Our youth players seemed to be doing a lot better under Beardsley.
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Can't remember who it was, possibly the Secret Footballer, was going on about how our reserve players are all cunts who think they've already made it. They were being really rude to Beardo <cry>

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:52 pm

Wouldn't be too fussed if we got rid of most of our coaches, they seem s**** and like utter twats anyway.

Replace them with some European coaches <awe>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 pm

One idea - Taylor and Besty said on their podcast last night that they had a 'usually reliable' source who said that some members of the coaching staff were unhappy at the preparation for the derby (too little tactics, too much hype), I wonder if it's related to that.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Speedo wrote:Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 4m
Sky Sports understands coach Willie Donachie suspended by Newcastle.

Well... I wonder what he said about Joe Kinnear?
Operation Exhume NUFC Coffin has been cancelled.
Stick the bloody thing back in the ground. We go on!

steviemac14
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by steviemac14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Speedo wrote:Can't remember who it was, possibly the Secret Footballer, was going on about how our reserve players are all c**** who think they've already made it. They were being really rude to Beardo <cry>
I seem to recall a recent autobiography mentioning this, can't remember if it was Sralex or Floppy Chops.
"I think I was eating a pie at the time."

J. Carver

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:06 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -kits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As an indictment of how respect seems to have become an alien concept for today’s youth, it’s difficult to beat a reserve game I played for York City against Newcastle’s Academy.

It was freezing, pouring down and blowing a gale, and it’s fair to say we were making our mark on the Toon’s next generation.

The more we got stuck in, the less they liked it, and the inevitable petulant putdowns came our way.

‘I probably earn more than you,’ bleated one, while another chided: ‘You play for York because you’re s**t.’ Oh dear. Zero marks for originality and the use of ‘probably’ didn’t do much to put us in our place.

I singled one of them out and said: ‘I’ve played more league games this season than you’re likely to in your entire career and I’ll remind you of that when you’re serving me in Nandos in another three years.’
Not these boys. They had travelled down on one of those five-star luxury coaches, and afterwards they all plonked themselves back on it with their iPods plugged in. While they settled into their seats, the skips of dirty kit were pushed along the path below by Peter Beardsley. Yes, the former England great Peter Beardsley.

Generations before me would have carried an iconic figure like Peter on to the bus, let alone push the skips themselves, but that respect isn’t there any more.

It was one of the most disheartening sights I’ve seen.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Jesus. That was what I was thinking of. It makes me angry just re-reading it.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:10 pm

If they aren't teaching them keep their feet on the ground at least teach them better put downs. <disgrace>

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Goat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Sports Direct Username wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -kits.html
As an indictment of how respect seems to have become an alien concept for today’s youth, it’s difficult to beat a reserve game I played for York City against Newcastle’s Academy.

It was freezing, pouring down and blowing a gale, and it’s fair to say we were making our mark on the Toon’s next generation.

The more we got stuck in, the less they liked it, and the inevitable petulant putdowns came our way.

‘I probably earn more than you,’ bleated one, while another chided: ‘You play for York because you’re s**t.’ Oh dear. Zero marks for originality and the use of ‘probably’ didn’t do much to put us in our place.

I singled one of them out and said: ‘I’ve played more league games this season than you’re likely to in your entire career and I’ll remind you of that when you’re serving me in Nandos in another three years.’
Not these boys. They had travelled down on one of those five-star luxury coaches, and afterwards they all plonked themselves back on it with their iPods plugged in. While they settled into their seats, the skips of dirty kit were pushed along the path below by Peter Beardsley. Yes, the former England great Peter Beardsley.

Generations before me would have carried an iconic figure like Peter on to the bus, let alone push the skips themselves, but that respect isn’t there any more.

It was one of the most disheartening sights I’ve seen.
Sounds about right. I met Sammy Ameobi once and he was a snobby cronut. I've also heard stories of them being arseholes to people in Tup Tup and throwing pound coins at people.

I pretty much dislike everyone in our youth team to be honest, bar Dummett and Campbell.
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 pm

I used to know Jamie Sterry. His dad used to coach me, and he was an absolute legend, but Jamie was always a cronut. Thought he was a class above everybody. I don't think he's even that good...

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Also
Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth
Willie Donachie suspended over a dressing room incident. More on http://shieldsgazette.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; soon. #nufc

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 pm

I always found the best players from my Sunday League and district teams were absolute cunts. My mate went to school with Brad Inman and said he absolutely adored himself.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:38 pm

My mate that went to uni in Newcastle said he came across most of the youth players on nights out at some point and the only one who wasn't a complete tool was Sammy.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Munstertoon
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Munstertoon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Hope he smacked one of the little twats!!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Munstertoon wrote:Hope he smacked one of the little twats!!
Your wish may have come true.

[tweet][/tweet]

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:42 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:My mate that went to uni in Newcastle said he came across most of the youth players on nights out at some point and the only one who wasn't a complete tool was Sammy.
Sammy's cousin went to my school (as did Shola, ten years before me), and they're a good lot. Very religious, but good people.

Also re the tweet. We're are such a shambles. I wonder who it was? Hopefully Jamie Sterry <grr>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:45 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:My mate that went to uni in Newcastle said he came across most of the youth players on nights out at some point and the only one who wasn't a complete tool was Sammy.
I've mentioned it before, but Sammy and some of his mates asked to join our kick-around once. They got turned away because we had too many people already (definitely not my call), but he was nice and humble about it.