Leicester Fans Views on the Match

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Leicester Fans Views on the Match

Post by Yacob » Fri May 01, 2015 9:28 pm

I went over to the Foxes Talk forum to ask the questions, which were this week:
1 – Do you think that you will stay up this season? What about Newcastle?
2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? And has he done a good job this year?
3 – Will Pearson still be in charge next season regardless of whether you survive or not?
4 – If you could choose three teams to go down, who would it be?
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining?
7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that fruit?
8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle?
9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle this season?
10 – Scoreline prediction?
MattP
Yes think we'll both stay up. Both have kind run ins, I'd fear for Newcastle if they were on 30 rather than 35 points though.
2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? And has he done a good job this year?
I love him and he's done a tremendous job this season, we look like we'll be the only one of the promoted sides to stay up and the way he's kept the belief in the squad despite everything going against us has been incredible, they never gave up even when being three wins off 19th.
3 – Will Pearson still be in charge next season regardless of whether you survive or not?
Yes.
QPR, Burnley, Sunderland.
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
Alan Smith
6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining?
Yes, it has good and bad points. We've had some great moments.
7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that fruit?
Tomato, we start to grow in the Spring.
8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle?
Similar tactics to the last month or so, a couple more additions obviously.
Fans were overly harsh on Pardew and are stil underly harsh on Ashley, all the problems in that club are down to him and his attitude.
2-0 Leicester
Bert
Yes as long as we don't let this run get to our heads and we carry on the way we have been in the last four games. Neecastle should stay up. Not sure what their remaining fixtures are but with other teams having tough fixtures that are below them this could help them out. Another win for newcastle sees them safe.
Yes I like him. He's been brilliant for us. If he keeps us up, he'll have done a good job.
Yes.
QPR, Burnley & Hull
Muzzy Izzet - because he's my footballing hero.
You certainly win more games in the championship and ticketing isn't as expensive. But there's only one place to be. Cardiff away on a Tuesday night or Chelsea at home? Easy.
Probably a strawberry. Not all that well recognised by everyone else, but nice enough.
Improve defensively and stop playing players through sentiment.
Perhaps the most unpredictable team in the league. You never know what you're gknna get.
2-0 Leicester.
EnderbyFox
Confident we will stay up, hit form at just the right time. Newcastle are very lucky Carver took over when he did and not a couple of weeks beforehand, think they will also stay up.
Love the bloke. Look, anybody who thought we would have a comfortable season in our first year is deluded. It was always going to be a scrap. Nige did get his tactics wrong at times this season, but he's still learning to manage at this level. He never once lost the respect and belief of the players, and that speaks volumes. If we stay up then yes, he's done a great job.
I hope so.
Burnley QPR and Villa.
Wasilewski, we'd never get robbed- that's for sure.
It's been horrible at times, but that game against United is one of my fondest memories as a Leicester fan.
Grapes. Everybody loves Grapes
Sign Robert Huth on a permanent deal, and for gods sake, finally sign a proper LB. Also get Cambiasso a new deal.
Mike Ashley is a monumental bellend.
2-0 Leicester (Vardy, Albrighton)
Babylon
Not answering that one, don't want to temp fate. Newcastle are lucky Palace didn't get Pardew a few games earlier.
I think he's a decent enough manager, he has his weaknesses. But his team building and squad spirit building can make up for them. I love his personality, much like my own.
Probably.
Hull, QPR, Burnley
Michael Owen - I get the feeling you would always come home to a clean house, with dinner on the table on your clothes ironed.
Losing isn't fun and can grind you down. But beating Man U 5-3 makes it all worth while.
We'd be a pineapple, prickly... just like Pearson.
CB x 2, LB, CM, Winger.
The fans are now reaping what they sowed by forcing out what was a decent manager.
2-1
Durnerz
We certainly have a better chance than we did 4-5 games ago, more importantly we have the momentum with us, avoid a poor performance and thrashing against Chelsea and I think we'll be alright. Newcastle, well, where do you start? Fans are revolting against the owner, a man in charge with less credibility than Pardew, be careful what you wish for I guess.
I do like Nigel, since he's been at the club there at least seems to be more structure, the scouting network has beared fruit and we played In a way last year that i'd never seen a City side perform, its been disappointing at times playing with a 'safety first' approach but then again its a learning curve for the players and Nigel as both lack Premier League experience. Good job this year will depend on wether or not we stay in the division, whatever happens though things look bright for the future.
Yes. Can't really dismiss a manager that's met his objective of staying in the division, similarly why get rid of a manager capable of bringing a team promotion from the Championship.
QPR, Burnley and Sunderland, QPR are a club run dreadfully, a boutique club looking backwards, not forwards (just have a look at their back line). Burnley I have admiration for given the financial restraints and smaller ground but sadly lacking in quality to make the jump from Championship side to Premiership, Sunderland fans are possibly the only supporters who use half of their season tickets per season, always seem to be leaving at half time. Maybe their time could be up, it'll be a tight call.
Probably Paul Scholes, quiet and I hear he makes a decent lasagne.
There have been highlights, the United game is probably one that will be played over and over in DVD's of the clubs history, the games such as Liverpool away were both exhilarating and frustrating but the recent run has lifted everybody and re-instated the belief. Championship? There's only so many times you can get excited about Reading away.
Probably a prune, dark at times and too much of it can give you the shits, although capable of a sweet finish. As for biscuit, I'm sure if you asked Sean Dyche it would be a millionaire shortbread.
Improve certain areas, the new 3-5-2 system allows more freedom going forward and protection in defence, further quality in midfield is a must as without Cambiasso we look very ordinary. Full back areas needed addressing earlier in the season so that too would be useful, I think a left and right hand full back/wing back plus a central midfielder and Huth signed permenantly would go a long way to seeing us to becoming a half decent premier league side.
Things aren't looking particularly good for the Toon. I think barring a huge collapse of epic proportions you will survive this season, next season however I would be slightly more concerned.
A tense 2-1 to Leicester, have a feeling Newcastle will be up for the battle.
Rasmic123
I think we will win on Saturday and at home to QPR which would take us to 37 points which should be enough
Have always liked him, he's blunt in interviews and doesn't sugar coat anything which is something I like in a manager. If he keeps us up, he's done a good job.
Yeah, I think the recent run and performances will keep him in a job
QPR, Burnley and Sunderland are the 3 worst teams in the league and play very negative football, so these 3.
Ermmm
Loved the first season, especially now that we've turned it around a bit, we've played good football and if we can stay up, I imagine we will progress further and hopefully settle in the prem
Mango
another creative midfielder, huth on a permanent deal, left back and right back and as a luxury, a goalscorer like Ings or Austin would be great, we've wasted too many chances this season.
What happened? Pretty much sums up what everyone thinks of newcastle this season.
1-0 to Leicester, Cambiasso with the crucial winner
Thread: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... astle-fan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;