NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Toonland
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Post by Toonland » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland who regularly go to the home games. I am looking for clubs who travel from Glasgow and the West of Scotland (Ayrshire, Renfrewshire etc.).

I have tried the good old 'consult google' but was not able to find any details, or in fact if there even was a supporters club in Scotland.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Re: NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Post by nufc 125 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:08 am

I had previously been looking for the same here but haven't found any suppoter groups, I do know there are some who travel down via train from Edinburgh to games.
I tend to drive down as I'm from Ayrshire and it's not a bad a journey

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 am

Sounds like you could be the founders of the west of Scotland NUFC supporters club <gent>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toonland
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Toonland » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm

I would also be travelling from Ayrshire. Not by car though, I am still too brand new to the roads for that type of trip haha.
Might just need to go down in the train and stay over. May as well make it a visit when I go down because I won't be there week in week out. Maybe once a month, or twice at best. Work commitments and what not or I would go a bit more.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Living in the Midlands means there's quite a few away games that I can easily get to luckily, if I can actually get a ticket that is
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toonland
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Toonland » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 pm

I would love to experience an away day at Sunderland with Newcastle. But, as things stand i'll might need to wait a while. We look set to go up, and they look set to go down. Maybe in the cup next season then, eh.

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Toonland wrote:I would also be travelling from Ayrshire. Not by car though, I am still too brand new to the roads for that type of trip haha.
Might just need to go down in the train and stay over. May as well make it a visit when I go down because I won't be there week in week out. Maybe once a month, or twice at best. Work commitments and what not or I would go a bit more.
This season I have only drove to a few of the 3PM home games, leave about 10 and usually back up the road for around 9PM so it's never that bad. Always fancied a few away games but can never get tickets for them.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:35 am

Rafalution wrote:
Toonland wrote:I would also be travelling from Ayrshire. Not by car though, I am still too brand new to the roads for that type of trip haha.
This season I have only drove to a few of the 3PM home games, leave about 10 and usually back up the road for around 9PM so it's never that bad. Always fancied a few away games but can never get tickets for them.
I'm sure there's people on twitter often advertise tickets. A twitter user will be better to advise you but I'm sure I've read on here somewhere.

http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... start=1480 (half way down )
It's nufcawaytickets.
Ask keep an eye on the match tickets thread on this forum.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:10 am

Cheers I will keep a lookout on that thread.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:45 am

Toonland wrote:I would love to experience an away day at Sunderland with Newcastle. But, as things stand i'll might need to wait a while. We look set to go up, and they look set to go down. Maybe in the cup next season then, eh.
To be fair with the SOL being on industrial wasteland out of the centre, it's a safe destination but dull as dishwater . Not a great away day except the crack with the fans.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

ScottishGeordie43
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by ScottishGeordie43 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm a hibs fan, but based in Newcastle, and I'm not aware of any supporters clubs :( but I'm sure there will be one!

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Im a Scottish Newcastle fan sadly there doesn't seem to be one as yet but heres hoping some day

Toonland
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Toonland » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:17 am

The club have a 'coming soon' NUFC Supporters Club section on their website that I have never clocked onto before. Mind you that was my first proper wonder around the website, I usually use it to catch up on the scores, news, and league standings or access the online shop. Maybe when it get's up and running we will have more light on the situation of a supporters club up at this end of the border. I always thought Edinburgh and the general south east of Scotland would of had a club. Would be shocked if they never!

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:50 am

were u from benny? u anywhere near kenilwlorth by any chance? x

matt11
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by matt11 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Howdy,

I'm a Newcastle supporter in Edinburgh. I actually made an account on here when I moved to Edinburgh but no longer have access to the email account I made it with and can't for the life of me remember the password - so I'll start again!

Anyway, I try to get down to a good few games a season by train, but if there are any other NUFC fans in Edinburgh I'd be up for a few beers whenever there's a game on TV or that. I'm not aware of any supporter's clubs though.

Dean_Ed
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Dean_Ed » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm also based in Edinburgh and I'd be more than willing to head down on the train with others or get together and catch the games in the pub (whether it be Edinburgh or Glasgow)

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Is driving down a lot cheaper then the train?
Hopefully going to get to a few of the remaining home games but cannot decide whether driving or train is best!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Rafalution wrote:Is driving down a lot cheaper then the train?
Hopefully going to get to a few of the remaining home games but cannot decide whether driving or train is best!
Depends how far you'll be driving and the cost of a train ticket.

I can get from my house to Newcastle and back for about £80 petrol. Generally train ticket is £100+. If I'm traveling with a friend the definitely cheaper to drive unless i can find a good deal on the train.

nufc 125
Tindall's Hoody

Post by nufc 125 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Rafalution wrote:Is driving down a lot cheaper then the train?
Depends how far you'll be driving and the cost of a train ticket.

I can get from my house to Newcastle and back for about £80 petrol. Generally train ticket is £100+. If I'm traveling with a friend the definitely cheaper to drive unless i can find a good deal on the train.
I thought the train would work out more, I guess even travelling with my son on a family railcard it will still work out more.
Guess driving is best option for the time being!

ScottW1886
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ScottW1886 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 am

I'm going to the Wigan game, priced the train and it was much cheaper to drive down....

In the past I got the train for a lesser amount, but I think it was a deal at the time.