beardface wrote:Toondes out
I blame the preview thread.
Yep. Fated to fail after that debacle.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Match day thread -FA Cup Oxford v NUFC

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 pm

As the dust is settled now... I can't belive how much slack for the starting XI I see... not here, but on twitter and the local jourons. I think the starting XI was the best what we can get, based on the two home games until the end of the week. And besides even the set up was right. We easily can score 3-4 goals before they score their first. And even if we scored two, they hardy can came back in the game. Missed chances, that was it.

If Rafa can be blamed for something, it's about the set pieces positioning. But even then, our pair the heart of the defence was with our third choice and god know which number is Good in that picture.
Last edited by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

oxfordshirelad
Tindall's Hoody

Post by oxfordshirelad » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:51 pm

evening all, great support from you lot today fair play to all that travelled. I won't gloat to much because that's just not mwah but what I will say is I think Rafa totally under estimated us today and paid the price for it. good luck for the season and hope you get the promotion that your club deserves. all the best

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:16 am

oxfordshirelad wrote:evening all, great support from you lot today fair play to all that travelled. I won't gloat to much because that's just not mwah but what I will say is I think Rafa totally under estimated us today and paid the price for it. good luck for the season and hope you get the promotion that your club deserves. all the best
<gent>

I think he massively underestimated your side, but at the same time if we had lost a key player to injury any victory would have been a hollow one.

Best of luck and hope this gives your team a boost to push for the playoffs <ok>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:19 am

oxfordshirelad wrote:evening all, great support from you lot today fair play to all that travelled. I won't gloat to much because that's just not mwah but what I will say is I think Rafa totally under estimated us today and paid the price for it. good luck for the season and hope you get the promotion that your club deserves. all the best
And i think your heart underestimate the game even more <laugh>
oxfordshirelad wrote:in the pub there's a few toon In here chatting away great atmosphere. heart says 2-1 head say well get beat by the odd goal. COYY

oxfordshirelad
Tindall's Hoody

Post by oxfordshirelad » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:31 am

hahaha

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 am

Chappy wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Seconded.
Judge him after 10 games...
Bastards.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:45 am

take it i was only 1 who wen to this?? well wat a shambles it was lol truly inept performanceby us. mitro was so rusty i dnt think he shudve startd, shudve bin murphy, that said thought young uns playd well - good need to go tho espceilly as we have 5 dfs who cn do a decent job 6 with dummet. enjoyed oxford the game tho an hav had a gr8 mornin so far. its lucky its a lovely place lol or id be even more depressed x

Footyfan

Post by Footyfan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:24 am

Come on Alf , let's be honest we should be able to go to Oxford and put on a better display than that ! No quality in depth in the big squad that we have ! Totally agree with Hoofball , well said mate !

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:59 am

Just watched the highlights... oh dear.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Funny how Federer has just had 7 matches in 13 days but doesn't whind on about fatigue like PL managers do.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:35 pm

The team we put out should be able to do better than that. Maybe they would have on another day, if Mitrovic puts away a couple of his numerous chances at 0-0 or even the penalty at 1-0 then it is a different game. Everyone has bad days at the office though and Mitrovic certainly did yesterday, these things happen in football.

What is a concern though is that we can't find goals from anywhere else in our side when the centre forward is having an off day. Perez, Lazaar and El Mahanni have to be getting in goal scoring positions as well.

Also we have to be marking better from corners. The back 3 and keeper haven't played with each other before, maybe it's a communication issue or perhaps a lack of leadership. Haidara has always struggled defensively at LB so I'm not convinced CB is a role for him. Hanley and Good should be doing better though. Perhaps if Elliot or Darlow were in goal things would be different. It is much harder defending in front of a keeper that you have no faith in, if they know they can't trust Sels to do the basics right then it impacts decision making and puts a doubt in everyone's mind.

Not the end of the world this defeat though. Of course we all want to win the cup, realistically though would we have had a chance this season, probably not. Could we do without the extra games in an already congested fixture list between now and the end of the season, certainly. Promotion has to be the absolute priority, avoiding the play offs and going up is more important than winning the cup. When/if we become an established premier league side again, that is when the cup becomes the main priority.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Good post TJR <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:41 pm

TJR with the most sensible post in the thread there.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 pm

ALF wrote:TJR with the most sensible post in the thread there.
The world really is going mad <worried>
REQUIEM

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Pretty much. One player from our strongest 11, away from home against a team who will be in cup final mode. I should have had money on you.
I dunno

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't think we underestimated them, they were just a lot better than we thought.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:58 pm

ALF wrote:I don't think we underestimated them, they were just a lot better than we thought.

<scratch>

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Hjl wrote:
ALF wrote:I don't think we underestimated them, they were just a lot better than we thought.

<scratch>
Its a famous quote by Sir bobby Robson <awe>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Ah ok.