NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2017)

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2017)

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 am

TJR wrote:Now we've signed Merino we only need one more signing, two at the most. We need a striker. Other than that maybe a creative midfielder. We've done well in this window to date, just need to get the last piece of the puzzle in and ship out the deadwood now.
Must politely disagree as our left back position remains unfilled by anything worthy of the name. When Dumb Dumber and Dummett are the number 1 option still then there are improvements to be made - class ones.

Striker left back playmaker and defensive mid are yet to be filled - I reckon that's about 50 mill Mr Ashley :)
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 am

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost wrote:
gawalls wrote:
That's why I was surprised we turned down £5m for Darlow - if Rafa doesn't rate him and wants rid then he's clearly championship level and not many can afford more than £5m for a keeper. For me we should also get rid of Gamez, Diame, Colback, Krul and Perez. I'd keep Mitro though, still young and even through all the talk of him not wanted etc he still chips in pre seasons with 2 goals in 2 (i know it's only preston and Bradford in pre season but it just shows he's not the type to just turn up expecting to get paid).

Same type of attitude as Daryl Muphy for me but Rafa works with him every day and knows more.
I think Perez should be kept, and the rest binned off. He does contribute goals and I think can still improve.
Perez has always split opinions - for me he's too lightweight and inconsistent - I just don't see it, in our heads we always remember the good bits but I wouldn't argue too much with anyone that wanted to keep him as i am on the fence - like sat right on it.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 am

Fonda Trevanion wrote:
TJR wrote:Now we've signed Merino we only need one more signing, two at the most. We need a striker. Other than that maybe a creative midfielder. We've done well in this window to date, just need to get the last piece of the puzzle in and ship out the deadwood now.
Must politely disagree as our left back position remains unfilled by anything worthy of the name. When Dumb Dumber and Dummett are the number 1 option still then there are improvements to be made - class ones.

Striker left back playmaker and defensive mid are yet to be filled - I reckon that's about 50 mill Mr Ashley :)
Tbh, at his first interview at Newcastle, Maquillo said that he can play both RB and LB. So there's a cover at the LB. Isn't just Dummet. And if we keep one between Lazaar and Gamez, we will have back up for the RB.

I'm not talking about how quality the players are, but just that we aren't down to bare bones in that area.

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 am

gawalls wrote:
Ol' Dirty Bas Dost wrote:
I think Perez should be kept, and the rest binned off. He does contribute goals and I think can still improve.
Perez has always split opinions - for me he's too lightweight and inconsistent - I just don't see it, in our heads we always remember the good bits but I wouldn't argue too much with anyone that wanted to keep him as i am on the fence - like sat right on it.
Let me get this straight. You want to "get rid" of Perez because he's inconsistent, but want to keep Mitrovic because he's young? Mitrovic is one year younger than Perez. And he's also inconsistant and the fans have split opinions about him...

If you want to have some some big slow target man - then just say it. They doesn't have much in common if we talk about the style of play. All depends of the formations and the style of play.

gotcoffee
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by gotcoffee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 am

Seems Leicester have agreed fees etc for Iheanacho and might tie him up this week, does that bring the Slimani option back into scope and would he be a good foil for Gayle - last season aside he had a good rep and a decent strike rate - they can go scratch if they want £30M though
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:12 am

R&B wrote:
gawalls wrote:
Let me get this straight. You want to "get rid" of Perez because he's inconsistent, but want to keep Mitrovic because he's young? Mitrovic is one year younger than Perez. And he's also inconsistant and the fans have split opinions about him...

If you want to have some some big slow target man - then just say it. They doesn't have much in common if we talk about the style of play. All depends of the formations and the style of play.
I think Mitro has a stronger better attitude than Perez, also a better goal scoring record, the original point made was perez contributes with goals he has 22 goals in 114 appearances for newcastle where mitorvic has 15 in 65. In premiere league alone Mitro has 9 in 36 where perez has 13 in 76 so if i were to pick one on goal contribution alone (not even getting into attitude and strength of character) then yes Mitro would get the nod over perez every single time for me personally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayoze_P%C ... tle_United
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksanda ... tle_United

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:22 am

You call it stronger better attitude, I call it liability and expecting some stupidity in every second. Also they are used in slightly different positions but never mind. Who cares...

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:56 am

R&B wrote:You call it stronger better attitude, I call it liability and expecting some stupidity in every second. Also they are used in slightly different positions but never mind. Who cares...
This. Rafa lost faith and trust with Mitro in that game when he was hauled off at half time to stop himself getting sent off (Cant remember who we were playing).

Plus the Mitro vs Perez argument is a bit pointless as they are completely different types of players.. I think Mitro does have talent but can he harness it and make himself into the player he COULD be? Not so sure.

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:59 am

Perez would score more if he wasn't terrified of getting his head ripped off in one of Mitro's celebrations.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:05 am

Graw wrote:
R&B wrote:You call it stronger better attitude, I call it liability and expecting some stupidity in every second. Also they are used in slightly different positions but never mind. Who cares...
This. Rafa lost faith and trust with Mitro in that game when he was hauled off at half time to stop himself getting sent off (Cant remember who we were playing).

Plus the Mitro vs Perez argument is a bit pointless as they are completely different types of players.. I think Mitro does have talent but can he harness it and make himself into the player he COULD be? Not so sure.
genuine question - would you be happy if Mitrovic got sold to another premiere league team today, say West Ham and we had to watch him this season?

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am

gawalls wrote:
Graw wrote:

genuine question - would you be happy if Mitrovic got sold to another premiere league team today, say West Ham and we had to watch him this season?
If we got a decent price for him I honestly couldnt care less where he goes, dont get me wrong the lads heart is in the right place the problem is his head isnt. (Not to mention he doesnt fit our main set up or style of play)

If he went to another prem side and scored 15-20 this season then I'd regret it obviously but lets be real the chances of that happening are tiny

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:53 am

Graw wrote:
gawalls wrote:
If we got a decent price for him I honestly couldnt care less where he goes, dont get me wrong the lads heart is in the right place the problem is his head isnt. (Not to mention he doesnt fit our main set up or style of play)

If he went to another prem side and scored 15-20 this season then I'd regret it obviously but lets be real the chances of that happening are tiny
fair point - I do agree with him not fitting our style of play and him being a hot tempered psycho basically, i just wonder even though he was terrible last year he had a decent record in the premiership could he do it again? I just feel he shouldn't be top of the deadwood pile ready for clear out. Mitro maybe could contribute 10 or more goals this season so why not keep him around a bit longer

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 am

gawalls wrote:
Graw wrote:

fair point - I do agree with him not fitting our style of play and him being a hot tempered psycho basically, i just wonder even though he was terrible last year he had a decent record in the premiership could he do it again? I just feel he shouldn't be top of the deadwood pile ready for clear out. Mitro maybe could contribute 10 or more goals this season so why not keep him around a bit longer
If he can get his head right and keep his temper on the pitch I'd totally agree with you but the management must feel that he had last season to prove that hes grown up (lets not forget how he got sent off in a meaningless match vs Spurs and missed the start of the season). Its probably about right to assume that Rafa has taken him to one side and said 'Being a liability out there is unacceptable, prove to me that you can keep your head' and Mitro failed to do so.

What im trying to say is how much more time do we give the lad? Options are sell now for a good price and get a player that Rafa fancies more or keep Mitro on for another make/break season.. I like Mitro hes a mentalist but hes got a charm about him I just wish he could be more of Costa and use his anger right rather than just being a liability

Edit: Also on the 10 goals point I'd agree but this will be a different team set up much differently to 15/16, I dont see a place for a target man in the first team so his starts would be limited from the get go

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 am

Graw wrote:

Wolves away I think.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:16 am

Curtis Good going on trial to Zwolle.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm

The Mighty Riv looks like he might be joining a Turkish side.
REQUIEM

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Ramone wrote:The Mighty Riv looks like he might be joining a Turkish side.
Delight(ed) for him!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm

For what it's worth, Mitro only had 3 yellow cards last season. So although he was maybe deserving to get sent off in that one match (which people apparently remember first), he actually showed a lot more discipline last season than in his first with us. And I don't just saw that because of the stat, but I thought that passed the eye test too.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Perez & Mitro we have to keep imo.

Perez was a right winger for Tenerife, we moved him into the centre and he's now more of a no.10. Mitro is your classic no.9, big strong lad, good in the air both totally different types of players. I've said all along though, Rafa just needs to stick Mitro & Gayle up top together as give them a few games and they could form a decent partnership, doesn't fit the way Rafa likes to play though :/

We do need a left back in though, a natural left back to provide PROPER competition to Dum5hit. Couldn't care less if Manquillo can cover left back, he's a natural right back. Lazaar must be really bad if Dumshits keeping him out the team, without even a sniff of the subs bench. Shame.