NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Its getting to that time of year when the rumour mill kicks in again, as the new year approaches us and with a potential takeover on the way i fully expect a hectic supply of NUFC rumours to come flooding in over the next 2 months.

So to kick off lets start off with some of the early rumours along with a few videos with obligatory questionable soundtracks

GK - Jasper Cillessen (Barcelona), find this rumour pretty exciting, good goalie with great distribution something we have been lacking with Elliot
SpoilerShow
DF Luke Shaw (Man Utd) - Promising defender devastated by injury over the past few years, his time seems to be up and Man Utd and we have been linked with a bid for this LB
SpoilerShow
ATT MID - Badou Ndiaye (Galatasaray) Linked today, this attacking midfielder is rumoured to have a price tag of £18m
SpoilerShow
WING - Jonathan Bamba (St Etienne) This French U21 winger sees his contract end in the summer with us and Sevilla tipped to make a cut price deal this January
SpoilerShow
ST- Cenk Tosun (Besiktas), a rumour that has carried over from the summer £20m+ fee quoted for this on form striker
SpoilerShow

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2018)

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 pm

So it begins. Probably the most excited transfer topic at the TF.

#teamAmanda

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Shaw was doing really well at the beginning of last season before getting injured. He's one of those that IF he stayed fit then he could be really good. Playing regularly will help, one of the issues for the likes of Shaw is that they're so in and out of the team that it's hard to build up strength and fitness.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Shaw struggles massively with his weight as well as his fitness. He's into his 4th year at Man United and he's only played 32 league games. I know he had a shocking injury but he's still done nothing to prove himself. He's still young enough to bounce back but he'd be a huge gamble for whoever signs him.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 pm

ALF wrote:Shaw struggles massively with his weight as well as his fitness. He's into his 4th year at Man United and he's only played 32 league games. I know he had a shocking injury but he's still done nothing to prove himself. He's still young enough to bounce back but he'd be a huge gamble for whoever signs him.
Definitely a gamble. If we could do a loan deal I'd take it and see how he goes.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
ALF wrote:Shaw struggles massively with his weight as well as his fitness. He's into his 4th year at Man United and he's only played 32 league games. I know he had a shocking injury but he's still done nothing to prove himself. He's still young enough to bounce back but he'd be a huge gamble for whoever signs him.
Definitely a gamble. If we could do a loan deal I'd take it and see how he goes.
Yeah, seems like a prime candidate for a loan with an option to buy. Though he'd probably be gotten for less if willing to buy him outright now rather than the safety net of no obligatory buy if he does get injured again.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Weren't we linked with Cillessen a few years ago, when he was still at Ajax - and most said Krul was better? Also is he even avaliable? Might be a decent shout, but I think we have greater issues than between the sticks at the minute. That Tosun's asking price has supposedly gone up because he's having a good season. Would be a record buy, and a lot of money to risk on a player from a different league. It all depends on the takeover though, if it happens and how the new owners deal with it. I think if we do get takenover, we will have one big signing - either a ST or a CAM - for 20m+

Shaw would be a good signing, but the fitness concerns are an issue. I'd be surprised if Man U let him go on loan, but it would probably be better for us. Although don't they charge crazy loan fees? Pretty sure they wanted like 6m for Welbeck before he went to Arsenal.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Shaw seems like a perfect loan but I'm pretty sure his contract is up next summer(although they did have an option to extend it by a year).

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:37 pm

ALF wrote:Shaw seems like a perfect loan but I'm pretty sure his contract is up next summer(although they did have an option to extend it by a year).
Just looked that up, right on both counts. They can f*** off for 20m then.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Looking forward to Ashley still being in charge and us not making a single signing <divax>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:55 pm

beardface wrote:Looking forward to Ashley still being in charge and us not making a single signing <divax>
Blasphemy!!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:42 pm

CIH wrote:Weren't we linked with Cillessen a few years ago, when he was still at Ajax - and most said Krul was better? Also is he even avaliable? Might be a decent shout, but I think we have greater issues than between the sticks at the minute. That Tosun's asking price has supposedly gone up because he's having a good season. Would be a record buy, and a lot of money to risk on a player from a different league. It all depends on the takeover though, if it happens and how the new owners deal with it. I think if we do get takenover, we will have one big signing - either a ST or a CAM - for 20m+

Shaw would be a good signing, but the fitness concerns are an issue. I'd be surprised if Man U let him go on loan, but it would probably be better for us. Although don't they charge crazy loan fees? Pretty sure they wanted like 6m for Welbeck before he went to Arsenal.
As far as I'm concerned, there's not a single (available/obtainable) striker worth buying in the PL right now - at least not for the first choice role. Now I'm not necessarily saying I want Tosun, I really know nothing of him, but I just mean I think we'll have to go outside of England for a striker, and anybody less than 20m in today's market will be far from certain to produce.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
CIH wrote:Weren't we linked with Cillessen a few years ago, when he was still at Ajax - and most said Krul was better? Also is he even avaliable? Might be a decent shout, but I think we have greater issues than between the sticks at the minute. That Tosun's asking price has supposedly gone up because he's having a good season. Would be a record buy, and a lot of money to risk on a player from a different league. It all depends on the takeover though, if it happens and how the new owners deal with it. I think if we do get takenover, we will have one big signing - either a ST or a CAM - for 20m+

As far as I'm concerned, there's not a single (available/obtainable) striker worth buying in the PL right now - at least not for the first choice role. Now I'm not necessarily saying I want Tosun, I really know nothing of him, but I just mean I think we'll have to go outside of England for a striker, and anybody less than 20m in today's market will be far from certain to produce.
Very true, and on a semi-related note I'm surprised we haven't been m ore heavily linked with Carroll yet. About that time of year. I think our chances of getting a capeable striker hinges on the takeover, and their ambitions. The current regime certainly wouldn't spend 20m+. Whether Tosun is the answer or not, I'm not sure - he does seem to be the only name continuously linked at this point. To other clubs as well.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 pm

beardface wrote:Looking forward to Ashley still being in charge and us not making a single signing <divax>
Deluded optimism slowly fading into depressing realism. I love January <awe>
<monster>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:41 pm

A keeper and a striker are definitely the priorities this window.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Tbh I'd be content with just a striker if the purse strings are being managed. We absolutely need a striker and a good one at that, the ones we've got have managed 4 goals between them so far (with our two centre backs managing 3 between them). It'll be a miracle if we survive this season with the current strike force.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Heisen wrote:Tbh I'd be content with just a striker if the purse strings are being managed. We absolutely need a striker and a good one at that, the ones we've got have managed 4 goals between them so far (with our two centre backs managing 3 between them). It'll be a miracle if we survive this season with the current strike force.
This.

We create enough chances but put too few away.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Don't see Cillessen leaving Barca in January perhaps in summer he will.

Tosun is a beast of a striker I'd actually think 20m would be a bargain for him. Strong, quick and good finisher
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 pm

As for Shaw I'd say loan would be more likely.

Bamba would be a good signing too
I'll Hazard a guess

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:29 am

Chappy wrote:A keeper and a striker are definitely the priorities this window.
Attacking midfielder too