Match thread - NUFC v Man Utd

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Match thread - NUFC v Man Utd

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm

I think that's the influence of Lejeune. Ciaran Clark is actually quite confident on the ball for a centre half but he's Mike Williamson by comparison.

We did still have a bit of the whinging though, it's genuinely beyond me why we hear groans every time a full back under pressure (on either side, not just Dummett) correctly clears up the line. At one point late on Perez carried the ball out of our packed penalty area and was closed down by three men at right full back area. He cleared it a full 60 yards to the opposite full back area and still got moaned at. Too many of our fans have never played football...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Tbf every club has moaners and groaners. I was only watching on TV but stood up pacing up and down the living room for the last 10 mins and cheering whenever we hoofed it clear <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Tbf every club has moaners and groaners. I was only watching on TV but stood up pacing up and down the living room for the last 10 mins and cheering whenever we hoofed it clear <laugh>
I remember watching us smash Birmingham last season at SJP and some fan booting off because Shelvey passed back to the keeper when we were 4-0 up <laugh>
REQUIEM

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 am

Dubravka: "Many of my friends were sending me messages before the game reminding me that we were playing Man United and asking me if I realised that. I said, 'Of course. Thank you so much for this information.'"

<awe>
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."