Players from (possibly) relegated teams

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Players from (possibly) relegated teams

Post by Colly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Lascelles wasn't the player he is now (and only played a handful of games), Mitrovic we're about to get shot of, and you can fill three threads with my thoughts of how badly we mishandled Thauvin. Janmaat and Townsend though are absolutely lower half Premier League players, flashes of brilliance amongst plenty of meh, and if we're looking upwards then that's not the type of player to recruit.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:57 pm

Janmaat would be a massive upgrade on what we've got. Like Yedlin without the lobotomy. He was good when we had him, he'd be even better with good coaching and a competent back line

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Janmaat under Rafa's guidance would be class <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Janmaat is a f***ing terrible defender. Was our weak link defensively the year we went down, caught out so often down that side.

Ali91
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Ali91 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:13 am

If Kenedy is not staying..then Boufal would be a good option..

Sturridge could be a good option as the team needs a good striker..

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 am

ALF wrote:Janmaat is a f***ing terrible defender. Was our weak link defensively the year we went down, caught out so often down that side.
<ok>

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:05 am

ALF wrote:Janmaat is a f***ing terrible defender. Was our weak link defensively the year we went down, caught out so often down that side.
This, he had no positional sense whatsoever when defending.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:35 am

Ali91 wrote:If Kenedy is not staying..then Boufal would be a good option..

Sturridge could be a good option as the team needs a good striker..
The team needs a fit striker
I'll Hazard a guess

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 am

Ward-Prowse, Redmond. Nobody else.

Robbotoon
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Robbotoon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:09 am

I would take Jonny evansfrom West Brom ,Shaquiri from stoke , rondon from West Brom

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Robbotoon wrote:I would take Jonny evansfrom West Brom ,Shaquiri from stoke , rondon from West Brom
You'd have Rondon but Mitrovic isn't good enough.... <backout>

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:01 pm

WBA - Nacer Chadli

Southampton - Bertrand, Clasie

Stoke - Shaqiri

Swansea - Mawson

Huddersfield - Mooy

Crystal Palace . Van Aanholt, Zaha, Milivojevic
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Not sure why Rondon is a popular choice. Admittedly I don't see a great deal of West Brom but from the televised games I catch and MOTD highlights he's done nothing to suggest he's particularly good. Seems to be a bit wasteful in front of goal as well. He looks decent at holding the ball up but really seems like no more than a Joselu type player.

I don't think i'd take many players from the sides who could get relegated.

Krychowiak and Evans are the only two I'd consider from West Brom. But Krychowiak is only on loan so may be tough to sign and Evans will probably end up at a top 6 club.

I like Ward-Prowse at Southampton, he's versatile and has good technical qualities. Maybe Rafa could mold him into a more accomplished player. Cedric would probably be an upgrade on Yedlin so I'd be tempted to take a punt on him. Again i'd consider Bertrand as well. I wouldn't want to sign many players from that squad though. A big part of what Rafa is doing is built around organisation, discipline and work rate. Whenever i've seen Southampton this season they're work rate has been noticeably poor. I've been to every game at St James' Park this season and i'd say Southampton were by far the poorest side in terms of application to come here.

From Stoke Ndiaye could be a possibility. We were supposedly interested in him in January but our desire to spend no money stopped that from happening. Ramadan has looked decent when i've seen Stoke play, I'd be tempted to take a chance with him. I'd stay well clear of Shaqiri, he's inconsistent and a petulant child. He could probably do with laying off the pork pies as well. I'd take Butland but i imagine we'd be triggering the £4m clause for Dubravka so i'm not sure Butland would want to play second fiddle. If we could convince him, he'd be great backup.

Palace won't go down. But if somehow they did I'd take definitely take Milivojevic. Zaha will end up at top 6 club probably. We're well stocked at CB otherwise i'd have took Sakho. Ward at RB would be an upgrade on Yedlin so i'd have him. Benteke has been in awful form so i'd have doubts but he could be an option to consider.

I'd consider Mooy and Pritchard from Huddersfield. They wouldn't be first choice options for me though and would be on a list in case we couldn't get our primary targets.

From Swansea i'd take Mawson if we weren't so well stocked at CB. Also i like Ki, he's a very industrious and tidy player but his mackem connections may render that a no go.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Colly wrote:Lascelles wasn't the player he is now (and only played a handful of games), Mitrovic we're about to get shot of, and you can fill three threads with my thoughts of how badly we mishandled Thauvin. Janmaat and Townsend though are absolutely lower half Premier League players, flashes of brilliance amongst plenty of meh, and if we're looking upwards then that's not the type of player to recruit.
I disagree on some of the players but the main point I was originally getting at still remains: there are some teams who get relegated with better squads than those that stay up. Southampton probably have the most established Prem players out of the teams at the bottom and so are the big chance of getting good players. Whether that’s 1 player or 5 players doesn’t really matter. If they go down, there’s more players who would improve us than if Huddersfield go down

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Butland would cost a fortune and would never in a million years go anywhere to be a backup.

Rondon has 23 goals and 7 assists in 103 games which isn't bad seen as WBA don't score many. If he was cheap (apparently has a relegation release clause) then he'd be a million times better as a backup striker option than Joselu.

Ki isn't a bad shout actually, hadn't thought about him but I think he'd be a good squad player.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Robbotoon
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Robbotoon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Luque wrote:
Robbotoon wrote:I would take Jonny evansfrom West Brom ,Shaquiri from stoke , rondon from West Brom
He will be sold anyway marra

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Robbotoon wrote:
Luque wrote:
He will be sold anyway marra
Sure, maybe, but I don't see why Rafa would sell him and then pay more for an older version of him with a worse scoring record.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Colly wrote:Lascelles wasn't the player he is now (and only played a handful of games), Mitrovic we're about to get shot of, and you can fill three threads with my thoughts of how badly we mishandled Thauvin. Janmaat and Townsend though are absolutely lower half Premier League players, flashes of brilliance amongst plenty of meh, and if we're looking upwards then that's not the type of player to recruit.
I disagree on some of the players but the main point I was originally getting at still remains: there are some teams who get relegated with better squads than those that stay up. Southampton probably have the most established Prem players out of the teams at the bottom and so are the big chance of getting good players. Whether that’s 1 player or 5 players doesn’t really matter. If they go down, there’s more players who would improve us than if Huddersfield go down
<ok>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

Swansea : I'll take a few such as Ki-seung yung, alfie mawson, martin olsson and tom carroll. But nobody stands out to be honest not fussed.

Huddersfield : I'll defo take Aaron Mooy as him and Shevely would make a cracking bold headed central midfield partnership ala Carsley/Gravesan back in the mid 2000's Everton days. Steven Mounie looks interesting aswell, decent finisher, good turn of pace and good physicality and finally Rajiv van La Parra would be a good option to have on either side of the wings he's quite skillful, direct and pacey.

Crystal Palace
: I would love Zaha but that's unrealistic. Would anyone take Patrick Van Aanholt back? :bandit:
Realistically though I'm not sure, maybe a cheeky bid for Andros Townsend? <run>

Southampton : Now this is were things get interesting. They got a lot of good individual players but they don't seem to gel at the moment as a unit. Tadic, Bertrand and Redmond I'll take in a heartbeat. All positions we need strengthening in RW/AM/LB. Then there's also players which could improve us such as Lemina, Ward-Prowse, Charlie Austin, Soufiane Boufal and Oriol Romeu (Spanish too <rafa> )

Stoke City : An obvious talented but unpredictable individual comes to mind here ala Ben Arfa. SHAQUIRIIII. I'll definitely take him can play on the wing and AM would be a starter and create excitement, unpredictable, finesse and creativity into our front four. Imagine him roaming in a free AM role behind someone Silamini/NEW ST and having support from the likes of Shevely, Perez, Kennedy and Ritchie. Apart from that I don't see anyone from Stoke who's any better than what we have. Maybe Joe Allen? Shawcross although he's getting on a bit now?

West Brom : No obvious candidates here but because I'm Venezuelan/Spanish and due to my bias nature I'll have to go for my countrymen Rondon, in a poor team he's still managed to score his fair share, strong target-man with a decent turn of pace, very physically and a alternative to someone like Islami as there the same age but Rondon seems a bit more pacier and mobile than him. Apart from him nobody else stands out to be honest apart from some decent squad players we could in like Dawson, Gibbs, Hal-Robson Kanu, Matt Phillips and Jay Rodriguez. Oh yeah I did forget about Nacer Chadil but he's been injured all season but on his day is a good creative outlet with skill who's versatile and can cover AM/RW/LW positions.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 am

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
This, he had no positional sense whatsoever when defending.
These, god-awful defender. Wouldn't take him back on a free.