Greetings from South Wales

OOCC TDA
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Greetings from South Wales

Post by OOCC TDA » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm

I am just visiting your board ahead of our game against you this coming weekend. It's a pity that Sky has hijacked the game, as I am sure that it will make a very long journey virtually impossible for some of you.

It is going to be an interesting season for both Cardiff and Newcastle and we fully appreciate the frustration you are feeling against the club ownership at the present time. We had our fair share of that recently, but are very pleased to be through the dark times (off the pitch anyway).

Good luck for the rest of the season, I can't promise that Cardiff will roll over for you on Saturday, but it should be a great atmosphere and I am sure that we will give you a good game. We were expecting a sell out, but are hearing that you may not have taken up your full allocation, given the stupidly early kick off.

We are running a Guess the Attendance competition on our own board and there should be a match day thread if any of you not travelling would like to join. A few of us will on here for sure on Saturday for your thread as well.

Hope it's okay to post this, but this is a link to our competition. Any insider information about the sale of your tickets would be welcomed! <coat>

https://onlyonecardiff.city/threads/gue ... stle.5268/

All the best

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Greetings from South Wales

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 pm

For reasons only known to NUFC, tickets only went on sale a week or so ago so the cost of late train bookings etc may have made it difficult for some to attend.

I'm not expecting an easy game, your crowd and players should be up for it as it's your first home game. That said, I thought you looked quite poor v Bournemouth. Although we lost to Spurs we created chances and has some bad luck against one of the best defences in the league, if we can do that again I think we can take the points. With some tough fixtures on the horizon we could really do with winning.

<ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 pm

This is a big game for us so hoping we can get three points! Otherwise it could create a bit of a bad atmosphere in upcoming weeks...

OOCC TDA
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by OOCC TDA » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Each week, one of our regular contributors puts up a quiz about our upcoming opponents in his own blog. Your boys are the subject today, so here is a link to that and maybe you will have more luck with the answers that I did.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:23 pm

I think I got the 90's, 00's and 10's one right. The rest are a bit beyond me <laugh>
SpoilerShow
Rob Lee, Steven Taylor, Isaac Hayden?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

OOCC TDA
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by OOCC TDA » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:07 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:23 pm
I think I got the 90's, 00's and 10's one right. The rest are a bit beyond me <laugh>
SpoilerShow
Over on our board, they have got the 60s - 90s, but stuck on the other two. Why don't you pop over and put them out of their misery?

<cheers>