Match day thread - NUFC v Brighton

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Brighton

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 pm

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 pm

People are always afraid that introducing a player too soon will ruin their career, but it isn't as if protecting youth players has resulted in any of them breaking through after their loan spells elsewhere either. Not saying he specifically should be called up, just saying that kid gloves doesn't necessarily save potential careers either.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 pm
People are always afraid that introducing a player too soon will ruin their career, but it isn't as if protecting youth players has resulted in any of them breaking through after their loan spells elsewhere either. Not saying he specifically should be called up, just saying that kid gloves doesn't necessarily save potential careers either.
Agree entirely. The theory of this is there’s a lot of hype around a player who then plays a few games when young and ends up doing nothing with his career because those games ruined his mentality. But in all likelihood they probably were gonna end up doing nothing whether they played a few games aged 19 or not, like the overwhelming majority of hyped youngsters. Quite frankly, if you’re not able to handle the small amount of pressure aged 19/20 when nobody expects much of you and fans will give you more chances than usual then you’re not gonna be able to handle the amount of pressure a fully integrated player will have aged 23/24

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm

I mean... Rashford anyone? 3rd or 4th choice, went to become an England starter? Am I even remotely expecting this from the lad? Nah, but f*** me it's not like every young player immediately buckles and drowns as soon as they step on a premier league pitch

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:19 pm

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm
I mean... Rashford anyone? 3rd or 4th choice, went to become an England starter? Am I even remotely expecting this from the lad? Nah, but **** me it's not like every young player immediately buckles and drowns as soon as they step on a premier league pitch
Just wait until our fans hammer them for one misplaced pass tho <urgh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:19 pm
ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm
I mean... Rashford anyone? 3rd or 4th choice, went to become an England starter? Am I even remotely expecting this from the lad? Nah, but **** me it's not like every young player immediately buckles and drowns as soon as they step on a premier league pitch
Just wait until our fans hammer them for one misplaced pass tho <urgh>
Can we not just say he's s*** already and bypass that whole hope thing?