FA cup replay - Blackburn v NUFC

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: FA cup replay - Blackburn v NUFC

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:33 pm

He sticks out to me as he seems to be on the end of more missed chances than others in the team.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:33 pm
He sticks out to me as he seems to be on the end of more missed chances than others in the team.
The Jos has missed a similar number of chances and has played about 1/5 as much.

Perez is a good squad player IMO, but we obviously need to sign someone for the first team - hence the Almiron links.
I had the first custom w***

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:25 pm
Apparently most of the starters last night had the runs before kick-off and half the squad was out with a bug. And they still took us to extra time...
So a s*** cup run.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:33 pm
The Jos has missed a similar number of chances and has played about 1/5 as much.

Perez is a good squad player IMO, but we obviously need to sign someone for the first team - hence the Almiron links.
That about sums him up for me too. I give him too much stick because he's basically been entrenched in the role for over 4 years now without anyone being purchased to even challenge him for the spot. He's just not good enough to have earned that much good faith and relied on so heavily. More broadly, I think fans will get on the back of any player who plays that much through such a sustained period of bad performance.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 pm

I was just reading about Marseille's poor form, which recently was highlighted by losing in the cup to a 4th tier side. I'd say I feel grateful by comparison, but Valencia and Marseille are the two other European clubs I pay any attention to besides Newcastle. This has been a bad few months of sports for me.

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:21 pm

switching directions a bit, are we playing another B-squad against Watford next weekend with league games vs City and at Spurs within a week of that FA Cup game?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 pm

City is the Tuesday after, we'll probably play the B team in that game too to get ready for Spurs...

In all seriousness the first team and the B team are getting more and more similar at the moment, so yeah I'd definitely imagine we'll see the same again against Watford less the injured defenders. Maybe Yedlin coming in hopefully as Sterry didn't overly impress and I'd like to see Murphy get chance to link up with a first teamer.

No Joselu would be nice.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 pm

I’d rather play a strong team in the cup than against City. whichever team we field against them we lose anyway.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 pm
I’d rather play a strong team in the cup than against City. whichever team we field against them we lose anyway.
I don't necessarily care if we play a weaker team against City so long as Rondon is in the lineup. Any chance to get any kind of result against them rests with being able to slow them down and without him against Liverpool we miserably failed to do that and got smoked. Just being able to clear the ball towards him and have him hold it up or force a defender into a foul should make a significant difference.

He'd be needed for the same reasons against Spurs, so I wonder if he'd get called upon for 3 starts in 8 days or if Perez + Joselu could do the job vs Watford. When is Muto due back?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:16 pm

I'd still like to see Sorensen get a go. It's only the cup and it's not as if Joselu is adding any positive experience to the side. Would probably benefit Longstaff and Roberts too.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Sorenson being linked with loan moves to the likes of Hartlepool, Gateshead, Blackpool. Think he should at least get a chance on the bench in the cup game though. There's no point in letting Rondon sit there when there's clearly no intent to risk him.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:07 am

CIH wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 pm
Sorenson being linked with loan moves to the likes of Hartlepool, Gateshead, Blackpool. Think he should at least get a chance on the bench in the cup game though. There's no point in letting Rondon sit there when there's clearly no intent to risk him.
Can't go to Gateshead on loan until their transfer ban has been lifted, though he'd fit in with how they play. A fox in the box is what they need atm having lost Luke Armstrong.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:00 am

Absolutely pointless going to Hartlepool or Gateshead, Blackpool for a few months wouldn’t be a bad option.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Speedo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm

That about sums him up for me too. I give him too much stick because he's basically been entrenched in the role for over 4 years now without anyone being purchased to even challenge him for the spot. He's just not good enough to have earned that much good faith and relied on so heavily. More broadly, I think fans will get on the back of any player who plays that much through such a sustained period of bad performance.
Seems to me that some fans will get on the backs of a player that is intermittently good more than a player that is consistently a bit s***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Sorensen scored on his Denmark U21 debut v Mexico. There's a chance he might have been in squad for our Cup replay at Blackburn had it not clashed with this. Promising news.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 pm
Sorensen scored on his Denmark U21 debut v Mexico. There's a chance he might have been in squad for our Cup replay at Blackburn had it not clashed with this. Promising news.
There's a chance I might have been in the squad had I not been watching it on the telly. Promising news.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 pm
There's a chance I might have been in the squad had I not been watching it on the telly. Promising news.
Rafa says you're not Spanish enough for his system.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Beatski wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Seems to me that some fans will get on the backs of a player that is intermittently good more than a player that is consistently a bit s***
Completely agree! Fans will definitely hold a player who has demonstrated the ability to be good but can't sustain it to a higher standard than ones who never show themselves capable. Personally I prefer the former than the latter, and that they can't be consistently great is probably the reason we could get them on the team in the first place.