NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am

With safety confirmed the links and rumours have begun.

Danny Welbeck on a free transfer is one I've seen. given he'll be on a free there may be some truth that we have enquired.

According to reports in Venezuela Jan Carlos Hurtado (19) linked yesterday too from Gimnasia.

I think of course a lot of these are just rumours and nothing will be concrete until Rafa's future is decided.
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 pm

I've advocated a move for Welbeck for a while. I think he'd be a good signing for us on a free, if his wage demands can be dealt with. His injury record obviously makes him unreliable as a first choice forward, but I think he'd be a good signing to rotate with Rondon if we got both. Will likely end up at a similar club to us that will pay more wages. My money is on west ham, although if Palace don't go for Michy blahdeblah, wouldn't be surprised if they made a move. Chelsea's transfer ban, and if it's delayed or not, could have an effect on a lot of other clubs. They might not sell some of the supposed deadwood if they can't bring in new players.

I believe the ban is on registering players rather than actual transfers, so in theory if they wanted to sign/re-loan Higuain they probably could. I don't know much about this Hurtado fella, but at least we get linked to people. Don't miss the days when it was just Sidwell, Carroll and Bas Dost every week. Although still early.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Welbeck would be a good signing. Good age at 28 so he's coming towards his peak years now, experienced enough in this league, has a great work-ethic, versatile can cover centrally / out wide and finally he's a good all-round athlete with pace and movement. Only cons are his injuries, fitness and he's never been the most prolific but can see him gelling in well in our current set-up as nowadays he gets played as a wide forward but I see him more as a central striker as he isn't too shabby in the air and can hold his own physically, would add a different dimension to Rondon's bustling / hustling style, Perez's slickness / technique and Miggy's pace.

On the topic of Hurtado I'll definitely take him. I'm half Venezuelan so I follow our national team and he's one of our best prospects who's highly-rated. With Rondon being Venezuelan too it would be a no-brainer to add him. Hurtado's young, pacey, eye for a goal, can play out-wide / centrally, can dribble and has great potential. Other Venezuelan players I'll be looking at would be Farinez who's our current no.1 he's only 21 but has great potential and even though he's on the shorter scale of sides as keeper' (5ft 11) he has amazing reflexes, shot-stopping and agility. Yangel Herrera too is a prospect as a box-to-box midfielder he's currently on loan at Huesca but he's on Man City's books. Sergio Cordova at 21 is a tall and athletic striker/winger who's playing in the Bundesliga with Augsburg. Josef Martinez is ripping up the MLS with Atlanta and is the record MLS goalscorer in one season with 35 goals in 39 matches. He's pacey and clinical but weather he can do it in Europe is another story as MLS' equivalent in standard is of Lower-Championship / League 1 quality so can't really judge but he sure knows were the back of the net is. <ok>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Welbeck is one to avoid. He's never hit double figures for league goals in a season and only has 16 PL goals for Arsenal in 5 seasons. Injury prone and living off potential still.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:27 pm

ALF wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:20 pm
Welbeck is one to avoid. He's never hit double figures for league goals in a season and only has 16 PL goals for Arsenal in 5 seasons. Injury prone and living off potential still.
Yeah, this unfortunately.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 pm

ALF wrote:
Everything you say makes sense, yet I still want him. That's on me <laugh>

As for our resident venuzuelan expert, that's great stuff to know. As an average or garden football fan, I know nothing of any of these. Good to get a fresh opinion!
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:28 pm

ALF wrote:
Sounds perfect for us then.

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Welbeck may be interesting depending on the wages. I'm not losing sleep if we don't sign him.

Hurtado has been getting a lot of attention in Argentina and looked really good in the recent South American U-20 tourney.

^^^ this play stayed with me because the commentary took me out. His nickname is "The Tank" and the announcer is trying to make a tank sound but it sounds more like a motorcycle. Anyways, the run is badass and if not for the Brazilian goalie it would had been an amazing score.

Then he pulled this off this past weekend and people went nuts:

An issue for us right now is not having someone who can give Rondon a breather and still give us the same kind of production and effort Salo gives. I don't think Hurtado is ready to do that at this level as a starter, but he'd be a great option off the bench as he continues to improve.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:08 pm

I think Fraser and Brooks who we’ve been linked to are unrealistic targets, they’d cost too much for us and bigger clubs would get them before we did.

Someone like McGinn (or whatever his name is) from Burnley has looked decent and would be more realistic. But with Rafa’s scouting we’ll probably get people we’ve never heard of (if Rafa stays) and some will work out and others will be donkeys!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:15 pm

We're gonna sell Perez and in his place we will sign Kennedy. Mark my words

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Ward-Prowse is another I've rated for a long time, if shelvey goes then he’d be a great replacement (actually even if shelvey stays).

Scott Kirkland
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Scott Kirkland » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:18 pm

How much is Welbeck on at Arsenal? Doubt Ashley would pay.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:03 am

Scott Kirkland wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:18 pm
How much is Welbeck on at Arsenal? Doubt Ashley would pay.
Easily over £100k. Thing I don’t get about players like Welbeck, Carrol, Sturridge, Wilshere etc is why they don’t just take a contract on say £40k a week and then they get performance bonuses, goal bonuses etc as and when they play. They’re millionaires many times over and have earnt enough money already that neither then or their kids will ever have to worry about money. It’s pure greed wanting to get another massive contract when you’ve continually shown that you’re made of glass and can probably only contribute to about 20% of games each season, if that.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:06 am

I'm struggling to see what you're not getting. If I'm Andy Carroll, who gets injured every third game, whose international career (if you want to call it that) is now gone, why would I willingly sign a contract that gives me a massive pay cut? The goal bonus would have to be a million quid a pop to make it worthwhile.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:06 am
I'm struggling to see what you're not getting. If I'm Andy Carroll, who gets injured every third game, whose international career (if you want to call it that) is now gone, why would I willingly sign a contract that gives me a massive pay cut? The goal bonus would have to be a million quid a pop to make it worthwhile.
Just that at what point does money stop being the motivator, what difference does it make if you’ve got £30m in the bank rather than ‘only’ having £20m? They all know they won’t play much football each season, I’d have thought that as a perpetually injured professional you’d rather play the few games you can muster at a top club such as Liverpool or Arsenal who may well be more than happy to offer pay as you play type deals than to have to move to a lesser club or league just because you’re chasing the money.

Obviously money is king for all of these guys and football is just a job. I genuinely think that if I was in that position I’d rather stay somewhere for relatively modest money and have a chance of winning something than just chase a bank balance. We can’t compare their jobs to real life, if any of us doubled our salary it would probably change our lives, but this generation of footballers have been paid so much for so long it probably doesn’t make a difference so maybe you’d think about other factors more.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:27 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 am
Colly wrote:
Just that at what point does money stop being the motivator,

It doesn't

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:08 am

Beatski wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:27 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Just that at what point does money stop being the motivator,

It doesn't
Does for some. As soon as my mortgage is paid off (18 years to go) I’m going part-time at work! Would rather have more free time then spending 5 days a week wasting my life at work until I’m 70!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Colly wrote:
Just that at what point does money stop being the motivator, what difference does it make if you’ve got £30m in the bank rather than ‘only’ having £20m? They all know they won’t play much football each season, I’d have thought that as a perpetually injured professional you’d rather play the few games you can muster at a top club such as Liverpool or Arsenal who may well be more than happy to offer pay as you play type deals than to have to move to a lesser club or league just because you’re chasing the money.

Obviously money is king for all of these guys and football is just a job. I genuinely think that if I was in that position I’d rather stay somewhere for relatively modest money and have a chance of winning something than just chase a bank balance. We can’t compare their jobs to real life, if any of us doubled our salary it would probably change our lives, but this generation of footballers have been paid so much for so long it probably doesn’t make a difference so maybe you’d think about other factors more.
I'm not sure how that applies to Carroll? He's getting paid loads at a rubbish team playing very little and if he moved to us would be getting paid less at a rubbish team playing very little. If anything you're arguing the others should stay where they are?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I'm not sure how that applies to Carroll? He's getting paid loads at a rubbish team playing very little and if he moved to us would be getting paid less at a rubbish team playing very little. If anything you're arguing the others should stay where they are?
I’m not saying anything about Carroll coming here as as far as I’m concerned that’s crap paper talk. But yeah, the others (and Carroll) would probably be better staying where they were as all will likely take a step down, even Carroll.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Ah apologies, I misread your first post as "why don't they go elsewhere on a pay as you play deal" rather than stay and do so.