http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: The Managerial Merry-Go-Round Thread

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:36 pm

TJR wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:34 pm
CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:33 am
David Moyes' 6 year deal at Man U officially expires today apparently. Does Pardew still have time on his 8 year contract?
Pardew's still has another year to run!
Let the King come back!!!

<pards> <pards> <pards>

Tried and tested. Memories of 2011-2012 still linger. Cabaye, Prime Tiote, Gutierrez and attacking trio of BA, Cisse and Ben Arfa <awe>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Did well to keep them up last season.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Yeah he did a really good job there joined them when they were bottom of the league and guided them to safety. I can see him getting a job at a higher league club, Left due to the clubs financial situation by all accounts. They're in a bit of a mess atm ex players bringing a winding up order against them for unpaid wages, players threatening strike action at the end of last season for the same reason. Not a good situation at all but one he's come out of with a good reputation.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:58 pm

On a side note about these clubs in dire straits when it comes to their finances do you think we'll have prem lge B teams in the lower leagues in future or do you think that won't happen?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:58 pm
On a side note about these clubs in dire straits when it comes to their finances do you think we'll have prem lge B teams in the lower leagues in future or do you think that won't happen?
Don’t think it’ll happen and if it did I can’t see it bringing much more money to lower league sides. Needs to be a mechanism for better distribution of wealth, there’s more than enough money in football.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:58 pm
No, it ain't workin' in other countries.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Watford doing a Watford, which generally works for them!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:07 pm

That didn’t take long <laugh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:07 pm

That didn’t take long <laugh>
Give it a year and they'll reappoint Gracia <laugh>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:08 am

Paper talk, I know, but Rafa being linked with West Ham.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... z-20910081

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 pm

Rafa would be perfect for Arsenal if they get rid of Emery.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:26 pm

West Ham would make sense. I think they were close to appointing him before he went Madrid. Arsenal would be a brilliant fit, i imagine they will give Emery until the end of the season. Rafa will have had a year away then and may be interested in returning.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm

I can't see him managing down south if he comes back to the PL, his next job here will be not too far from where his family is, I was surprised at the China move though but kinda see it as a once in a lifetime payday setting up for retirement. Don't think he will leave there just yet, will at least see out his contract imo then look at the job situation in the PL then.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm
I can't see him managing down south if he comes back to the PL, his next job here will be not too far from where his family is, I was surprised at the China move though but kinda see it as a once in a lifetime payday setting up for retirement. Don't think he will leave there just yet, will at least see out his contract imo then look at the job situation in the PL then.
London isn't exactly that far from Merseyside, especially in comparison to where he is now, or when he was in Madrid, Milan, Naples. If he goes to a premier league club closer to the Wirral that puts a lot of limitations, unless the Liverpool job opens up. For obvious reasons the Everton and Man United jobs are out, and I doubt he'd be getting the City role. Burnley? Obviously I don't know him but I doubt the couple hundred miles to the capital will be that great a concern. Certainly since he's managed in London before.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Spurs have sacked Poch!

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Poch chopped

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm
London isn't exactly that far from Merseyside, especially in comparison to where he is now, or when he was in Madrid, Milan, Naples. If he goes to a premier league club closer to the Wirral that puts a lot of limitations, unless the Liverpool job opens up. For obvious reasons the Everton and Man United jobs are out, and I doubt he'd be getting the City role. Burnley? Obviously I don't know him but I doubt the couple hundred miles to the capital will be that great a concern. Certainly since he's managed in London before.
I know it's not that far but I just feel like after China he will want to wind down his career and spend more time with his family, I wouldn't be surprised to see him step into a more behind the scenes role somewhere, more than likely that would be at Liverpool.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 pm

I know spurs have been poor this season but this is an awful decision, won't be able to get anyone near to his level imo

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:01 pm

Mourinho is favourite...

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Benitez second favourite at 3/1. I think it's that low purely due to to the timing of these comments.