Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:59 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:20 am

According to the Sun Man utd have had a 80m bid accepted for Maguire <laugh>
Also being reported that Leicester have a bid in for Dunk for around 45m.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 am

Both ridiculous prices <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 am
Really is. As we talked about a couple weeks ago, if they all just agreed to pay less they'd bank more. Their willingness to run the prices up for the benefit of of agents and players is pretty astounding to me.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 am
Really is. As we talked about a couple weeks ago, if they all just agreed to pay less they'd bank more. Their willingness to run the prices up for the benefit of of agents and players is pretty astounding to me.
While that's certainly part of it, I think it's also because the "smaller" clubs don't have any need to sell anymore, at least not in the prem. Teams have always set big ridiculous fees on players with the idea to scare off interested parties, and in the past clubs would accept big bids for key players. 35m for Andy Carroll was immense at the time, and in hindsight with the way his career has gone, seems quite ridiculous. With the prem money though, such clubs can keep pushing the price up and up with no necessity to sell. Only issue is if player power comes in to it, and the subject of these big bids decides to play up and force a move. The pansies.

West Ham look set to sign Seb Haller for 45m. Imagine <awe>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:55 pm
I guess we'll see if Rondon stays longer than their first big player signing (Gaitin). But he and Rafa will enjoy their sweet, sweet Wanda money (I'm not judging players or managers for getting paid).
I find it hard to judge but I guess it's more my competitive personality. I'd want to compete at a top level for as long as I can. He's coming off his best season in the PL. Settling for a pay raise to go to such a low-level league just doesn't feel right.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:49 pm

vrabbit wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
I guess we'll see if Rondon stays longer than their first big player signing (Gaitin). But he and Rafa will enjoy their sweet, sweet Wanda money (I'm not judging players or managers for getting paid).
I find it hard to judge but I guess it's more my competitive personality. I'd want to compete at a top level for as long as I can. He's coming off his best season in the PL. Settling for a pay raise to go to such a low-level league just doesn't feel right.
To be fair he might not necessarily be settling as such. Despite there seeming to be interest from a few premier league clubs, and a bit in Turkey, I don't think there's been anything close to a concrete offer from anywhere other than China has there? Championship is a step down for him as well, so if he's playing at a lower level he might as well get some mega money out of it with a big juicy contract to see out his career.

I'm genuinely surprised a prem club hasn't snapped him up. Even with his age, that price is decent for this market. Guarantees goals. Thought West Ham would be a shoo-in.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 pm

vrabbit wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
I think I understand it more for players than I do for managers. Player wages can range so wildly, and their careers can be shorter, but for managers he can probably get similar wages elsewhere and it's a long career in coaching.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:25 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:30 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm

While that's certainly part of it, I think it's also because the "smaller" clubs don't have any need to sell anymore, at least not in the prem. Teams have always set big ridiculous fees on players with the idea to scare off interested parties, and in the past clubs would accept big bids for key players. 35m for Andy Carroll was immense at the time, and in hindsight with the way his career has gone, seems quite ridiculous. With the prem money though, such clubs can keep pushing the price up and up with no necessity to sell. Only issue is if player power comes in to it, and the subject of these big bids decides to play up and force a move. The pansies.

West Ham look set to sign Seb Haller for 45m. Imagine <awe>
Oh absolutely, I understand why the selling clubs are refusing to sell for any less. Considering how much staying in the top tier of leagues is worth, why would you risk selling your best players when you know it could cost you league status, and you're just going to get extorted by the club you try and buy a replacement from anyway. I wonder how different football would be if there weren't transfers, you instead you just signed free agents or traded players?

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49017405

West Ham complete £45M Haller deal.

I'd like to rant over how we can't compete with teams like West Ham in the transfer market but today's Bruce news/4-0 stuffing has already broken me.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:13 am

Woah , when did Sami Ameobi sign for Forest ??!?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:25 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:13 am
Woah , when did Sami Ameobi sign for Forest ??!?
A good few weeks back.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:01 pm

Real Betis have signed Nabil Fekir for around 17m. Weren't Liverpool set to spend better part of 60m on him last season? His value has plummeted a bit. Also, premier league clubs do get rinsed in situations like this. Which is more their own fault, due to a willingness to meet the ridiculous prices.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:02 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:01 pm
Real Betis have signed Nabil Fekir for around 17m. Weren't Liverpool set to spend better part of 60m on him last season? His value has plummeted a bit. Also, premier league clubs do get rinsed in situations like this. Which is more their own fault, due to a willingness to meet the ridiculous prices.
They also get 50% of the next transfer fee.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm

CIH wrote:
Between allegedly (or was it confirmed?) failing the medical, and then a mediocre last season, it's definitely slipped and he was replaced by other top prospects from Ligue 1 (like Pepe).

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm
CIH wrote:
Between allegedly (or was it confirmed?) failing the medical, and then a mediocre last season, it's definitely slipped and he was replaced by other top prospects from Ligue 1 (like Pepe).
Also 12 months left on his contract

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Beatski wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 am
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Also 12 months left on his contract
Wiki says:
€19.75 million and €10 million in add ons. Lyon will reserve 20% of any future sale of the player and as part of the deal, Fekir's brother Yassin Fekir also joined Real Betis
I wonder if Fatty and Moley suggested a bid at this rate, as a Perez replacement...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:56 pm

Two lil Fekirs at the same club.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:01 pm

Bournemouth have agreed a deal rising to 15m for Huddersfield's Danish midfielder Phillip Billing. Seemed to be one of their better players last season, which may not be saying much. It looks like Hayden is staying now fortunately, but this fella would've been a decent replacement I think. Good signing for them.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 am

CIH wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:01 pm
Bournemouth have agreed a deal rising to 15m for Huddersfield's Danish midfielder Phillip Billing. Seemed to be one of their better players last season, which may not be saying much. It looks like Hayden is staying now fortunately, but this fella would've been a decent replacement I think. Good signing for them.
Won't Hayden go anyway cos of family stuff. I mean he's professional but they did say he could leave.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012