Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Is will Hughes and actual albino ?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Match day thread _ Watford v NUFC

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:20 pm

This game just show you how bad we are as soon as the opposition team plays at a higher tempo and starts to close us down quicker. Thats why i said that Bournemouth made us look better than we are because they never did what Watford have done in the second half.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Shelvey you stupid lazy baldy prick. Put some
f***ing effort in. Free kicks and corners are appalling. Floated in to no-one every time

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:24 pm

<urgh>
More meh and some miserable going through the motions apathy. Soulless
Clydeside & Tyneside

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:25 pm

I’d sack Bruce just for the performances I’m the last
Month. Pathetic. Players want punched as well.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:26 pm

That was dissapointing

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:26 pm
That was dissapointing
Is that another way of saying absolutely f***ing pathetically s****.?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Over reaction much <laugh> before the man city game we were arguably one of the most in form teams since restart. Let's gets some perspective, christ!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:30 pm
Over reaction much <laugh> before the man city game we were arguably one of the most in form teams since restart. Let's gets some perspective, christ!
This.

toontoon_34
Tindall's Hoody

Post by toontoon_34 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:32 pm

I don't care what anyone says we would never have lost that game under Benitez. Watford were poor but we were f***ing s**** once again!

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:25 pm
Couldn’t agree more, these are pathetic performances of late, the lot look to have downed tools. Get this phoney war and takeover stuff sorted and get the clear out started. This limbo land football is embarrassing.
Clydeside & Tyneside

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Schar has actually been terrible in this second half. I was thinking because of his passing and technique he could play in midfield but he's been out maneuvered, too slow on the ball / recovery balls / ball winning and just seems too lightweight / passive to play there he should stick to CB we should have just started Bentaleb / Matty Longstaff from the start. How's a player out of position playing in your favored position and you're not even getting a start over them? If I was Matty I would seriously be thinking about leaving / playing somewhere else to get more game time. <scratch>

Rose was below par again I don't know why we're thinking of signing him, Manquillo struggled throughout today and that defending for the second pen was awful. ASM was our only bright spark and Gayle scoring, Miggy was lively too but they all faded in the second half and Shelvey was anonymous and looked sluggish. Have to blame Bruce for this as our energy levels, our mentality and our attitude completely dropped into a ''we're 1-0 we're coasting we're on the beach'' mode and Watford deserved to win as they actually had something to lose in this match and it showed through there commitment and passion in the second half. They simply punished our sloppiness and laziness.

Anyways onwards and upwards.. I guess Villa are going down <whistle>

Need a response in the last three games. Not good enough today.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:29 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Well if you’re happy with that s**** then good for you.

Edit 11th in form table for last
6 games

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:50 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

6 games
11th in form after losing the last two, so like DS said we were one of the in form teams before those last two results. Also 11th best means we have overperformed compared to our current 13th place position. So as DS said the reactions are somewhat hyperbolic.

Generally speaking I have never understood our fans hyperbolic reactions to individual games or short spells of form. Every loss means somebody is s*** and/or needs to be dropped or sacked. Being generous I'm sure most of us would judge our squad as being mid-table at best, meaning we should expect to lose as many, or even slightly more, games than we can expect to win. And yet every time we lose one we get hysterical reactions that make fans look like they are auditioning for the next Jane Austen melodrama. It is not rational.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Toondes wrote:
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1703136

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:52 pm
Toondes wrote:
Bit of a stretch including a game in March for manager of the month. It’s not just the form though. Our style of football is terrible . The short term results have glossed over that. He’s compared a lot to Rafa - more points ect but to me that’s irrelevant . I didn’t like the style of football under him either.
Squad mentality is piss poor and we look fragile as soon as we concede.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:50 pm
Toondes wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:29 pm

6 games
11th in form after losing the last two, so like DS said we were one of the in form teams before those last two results. Also 11th best means we have overperformed compared to our current 13th place position. So as DS said the reactions are somewhat hyperbolic.

Generally speaking I have never understood our fans hyperbolic reactions to individual games or short spells of form. Every loss means somebody is s*** and/or needs to be dropped or sacked. Being generous I'm sure most of us would judge our squad as being mid-table at best, meaning we should expect to lose as many, or even slightly more, games than we can expect to win. And yet every time we lose one we get hysterical reactions that make fans look like they are auditioning for the next Jane Austen melodrama. It is not rational.
It’s pretty rational to be annoyed , frustrated and generally pissed off being served up dross like that is it not ? Surrendered twice to Man City , threw it away against West Ham , villa and today . It seems as though Bruce is now immune to criticism because people feel sorry for him and he seems like a Genuine guy?

Also saying we’ve over performed our position during these six games is a twisted way of looking at it . You could also say we are way below of you look at last 3 games

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:53 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:50 pm

It’s pretty rational to be annoyed , frustrated and generally pissed off being served up dross like that is it not ? Surrendered twice to Man City , threw it away against West Ham , villa and today . It seems as though Bruce is now immune to criticism because people feel sorry for him and he seems like a Genuine guy?

Also saying we’ve over performed our position during these six games is a twisted way of looking at it . You could also say we are way below of you look at last 3 games
If you object to me commenting on a six game run of form then why did you quote the stat in your comment? And no matter how you pick apart the individual games, if we had maintained 11th best form all season we would be 11th and not 13th, so it is factually a better than average (for us) string of results.

As for the rest, yes it is rational to not like losing, but it isn't rational to make hyperbolic statements or judgement about players or managers based on one or a short string of results when a season is 38 games long and we should expect to lose games during the course of it. Yet there is never a defeat without at least one comment from somebody losing their s*** over the result. Even entitled Man U and Liverpool fans know they can't win every game and yet our fans can't seem to cope with their mid-table team losing games despite many years of practice and what should be a realistic expectation of losing as many as we win.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:10 pm
Colly wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Bit of a stretch including a game in March for manager of the month. It’s not just the form though. Our style of football is terrible . The short term results have glossed over that. He’s compared a lot to Rafa - more points ect but to me that’s irrelevant . I didn’t like the style of football under him either.
Squad mentality is piss poor and we look fragile as soon as we concede.
He's only been in the job a year, lost the clubs two top scorers before arriving and realistically has only had one transfer window (in which the first Saudi takeover drama was unfolding) to try to implement any kind of change. Our midfield is piss poor with the exception of Hayden and potentially the Longstaff's, so we aren't moving to any kind of possession football any time soon, so he's left with relying on our reasonably strong defense and playing on the counter. It's worked at times, but our forward isn't firing and the other two have been either hot and cold or injured. I don't think he's some kind of super manager, but he's had a decent season given the circumstances, and we had gone four unbeaten ahead of this month.

Hell, today was poor, but while we looked vulnerable you can't blame the manager for two stupid fouls in the area.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:33 pm

The evolution of the Bruce hate is hilarious

Beginning of the season = we are only doing well because its Rafas team and Rafas tactics. <grr>

Middle of the season = these tactics are s***, Bruce cant manage. <grr>

End of the Season = OMFG forget the run of form that's seen us to comfortable safety, this loss to Man City would never have happened under Rafa. <grr>

Yup, Bruce is definitely the problem here <whistle>